Jones isn't gonna fight Aspinall

This is all a game. GSP played it to perfection.You have to beat MMA,and not let it beat you like 99% of the fighters.

You can end up like GSP or you can end up like Bj Penn. Choose!
Damn bro, felt like dropping some Gospel today eh

#Facts

Reactions: HHJ
Surprisingly, a LOT of people. People were literally shaming Conor for taking the Poirier fight because that was the EASY fight lmao
Lol this is some weird conor fanboi attempt at some sympathy. Cowboy was always a massive choke artist under the lights and was after coming off bad 2 loses where he got battered. Dustin was after coming off a lose to fecking Khabib when he fought conor after beating max, justin, eddie before it.

I was one of the ones saying he's never gonna fight at HW; he did and I was wrong. However, I don't think he'll fight Aspinall, but not due to anything other than he'll probably retire soon, and why stick around after fighting Stipe? I don't guess he'll have anything left to prove.
And I agree with that as well.
AFAIK, he was looking to fight Stipe and call it quits...
but afraid??
I mean, yeah, Aspinall looks good, but Jon always fought the who is who in MMA...
And I don't defend Jon as much as I think no MMA fighter is "afraid*" to fight anyone.
It may not make sense business-like, but come on!!!

* - When I say afraid, I mean paralyzing fear (like common folks like you and I would feel if we were the ones locked up against a top fighter).
Because as I said above, even GSP admitted being afraid... like any of us would be if the stakes were like them (3-4 months of training, Doubling your salary (win bonus); all decided in 15 or 25 minutes...)

I work with technical issues, so I know pressure... but no one is punching me in the face while I am working on a solution)

This is all a game. GSP played it to perfection.You have to beat MMA,and not let it beat you like 99% of the fighters.

You can end up like GSP or you can end up like Bj Penn. Choose!

Success in MMA seems to be measured by how many people want you to lose and how badly.

Jones is on the cusp of truly winning MMA, but Chael summed up GSP's exit perfectly.

“Georges St-Pierre is one of them, but he gave them every chance in the world to beat him. He gave guys rematches, and some guys got three matches. He changed weight, he did everything he could do to get beat and pass that torch. He was just that damn good. And aside from him and Lennox Lewis, I can’t think of anyone that goes out on top. We all – all our careers end the same: Face down and embarrassed."

Reactions: HHJ
You guys are funny... Tom Aspinall is like Frank Mir without the crazy Subs.... Jones is not afraid of him...

“Georges St-Pierre is one of them, but he gave them every chance in the world to beat him. He gave guys rematches, and some guys got three matches. He changed weight, he did everything he could do to get beat and pass that torch. He was just that damn good. And aside from him and Lennox Lewis, I can’t think of anyone that goes out on top. We all – all our careers end the same: Face down and embarrassed."
This is exactly how it went.

You guys are funny... Tom Aspinall is like Frank Mir without the crazy Subs.... Jones is not afraid of him...
Cmon son.

He wants to fight old man Miocic as a vanity fight to retire on - beating what could be considered the GOAT HW.

And I agree with that as well.
AFAIK, he was looking to fight Stipe and call it quits...
but afraid??
I mean, yeah, Aspinall looks good, but Jon always fought the who is who in MMA...
And I don't defend Jon as much as I think no MMA fighter is "afraid*" to fight anyone.
It may not make sense business-like, but come on!!!

* - When I say afraid, I mean paralyzing fear (like common folks like you and I would feel if we were the ones locked up against a top fighter).
Because as I said above, even GSP admitted being afraid... like any of us would be if the stakes were like them (3-4 months of training, Doubling your salary (win bonus); all decided in 15 or 25 minutes...)

I work with technical issues, so I know pressure... but no one is punching me in the face while I am working on a solution)
I don't think anybody actually thinks Jon is afraid of Tom. Either as a person or a fighter. Jon is a maniac and Tom is a sweetheart. Jon will gouge your eyes out, rip your shoulder from it's socket, do whatever he needs to to get the W. Tom will play by all the rules, he's just a damn good fighter. Jon would be much scarier to fight between the two.

When people talk about "scared" within the context of MMA, they mean scared to lose. Scared to harm their legacy. I don't think Jon is scared of being knocked out, I'm sure it's happened in the gym, but he is definitely wary of losing and having a stain, no matter how slight, on his legacy.

It's clear, legacy is all he has been talking about for the last few years, as did GSP in the latter stages if his own career.

He cares so much about it to the point that he argues with nobodies on twitter who think Khabib or GSP or whoever else is the GOAT, because it upsets and urks him. He specifically wants an old washed Stipe in front of a cheering home crowd so he can claim his "HW GOAT" crown and to his thinking leave no doubt in anybody's mind that he is the best to ever do it.

Stipe is a relatively low risk, incredibly high reward fight at this point in their careers. Aspinall is the exact opposite. He is a young, hungry, elite HW who finishes everybody and makes it look easy. He has been dreaming and prepping to fight Jon Jones his whole life.

Not only is it a much, much harder fight than Stipe, Jon gains nothing at all from it if he does win, just another W on his record. If he loses, it's even worse, GSP and Khabib went out on top, having beaten every man they ever faced, and Jon needs to be seen as better than both of them, his ego demands it.

So yeah. It's safe to say Jon is scared, not of Tom specifically, or any fighter, but he is scared to lose and have his GOAT status be in doubt.

Tom has not fought undefeated Almeida yet. So if he were to lose to Jones, then Jones would be "ducking Almeida".

Remember how Jones was praised for fighting Gane. Now I have seen claims that Gane is worse than Bisping when comparing Jones to GSP.
Flash in the pan fans!

So first it was Jon is never coming back. And the hatred was full force on sherdog.
Now it's Jon won't fight Tom...
You fake fans kill me.

I don't think anybody actually thinks Jon is afraid of Tom. Either as a person or a fighter. Jon is a maniac and Tom is a sweetheart. Jon will gouge your eyes out, rip your shoulder from it's socket, do whatever he needs to to get the W. Tom will play by all the rules, he's just a damn good fighter. Jon would be much scarier to fight between the two.

When people talk about "scared" within the context of MMA, they mean scared to lose. Scared to harm their legacy. I don't think Jon is scared of being knocked out, I'm sure it's happened in the gym, but he is definitely wary of losing and having a stain, no matter how slight, on his legacy.

It's clear, legacy is all he has been talking about for the last few years, as did GSP in the latter stages if his own career.

He cares so much about it to the point that he argues with nobodies on twitter who think Khabib or GSP or whoever else is the GOAT, because it upsets and urks him. He specifically wants an old washed Stipe in front of a cheering home crowd so he can claim his "HW GOAT" crown and to his thinking leave no doubt in anybody's mind that he is the best to ever do it.

Stipe is a relatively low risk, incredibly high reward fight at this point in their careers. Aspinall is the exact opposite. He is a young, hungry, elite HW who finishes everybody and makes it look easy. He has been dreaming and prepping to fight Jon Jones his whole life.

Not only is it a much, much harder fight than Stipe, Jon gains nothing at all from it if he does win, just another W on his record. If he loses, it's even worse, GSP and Khabib went out on top, having beaten every man they ever faced, and Jon needs to be seen as better than both of them, his ego demands it.

So yeah. It's safe to say Jon is scared, not of Tom specifically, or any fighter, but he is scared to lose and have his GOAT status be in doubt.
Sorry, but you try to make sense of what is just fluff stuff around your hate for Jon.

First of all, Let's stop with this bullshit of calling Stipe "old washed up". He was the fucking champion in his last fight.
You don't go from best to a can in seconds.
Stipe was/is and continues to be an elite fighter.
And this excuse "but he hasn't fought for long"... so what???
That is a fucking ADVANTAGE for him. He had time to heal any nagging injuries and train/improve more.
Besides, Jon fought what? 30 seconds in the last 3 years???

Now, onto "afraid of harming his legacy" bullshit.
Let's not forget Jon just put "his legacy" against Gane. A guy that added NOTHING to his legacy, but would be terrible if he lost to.
He put his legacy against every opponent he beat. And he always beat the who is who in his division... starting with a fucking legend in Rua!
Then Rashad, Vitor, Alex, Glover, etc.!!!
Heck, IMHO he fought fucking Sonnen and almost LOST!!! That would be a fucking stain on his legacy! Not fighting top fighters like he did throughout his career.

As for GSP comparison, he already did it. And IMHO Gane is far more dangerous than Bisping was to GSP.
And if he fights again AT ALL, win or lose he already did more than GSP.
So if that was his objective, it was accomplished. No need to fight anyone else. SO no; while I do understand your point, it is far too much bias against him.

I mean, you are demeaning Stipe for being 41 years old now, how about Glover who was 43 and LHW champ?? And he was SECONDS away from beating Jiri! And by a fucking domination!!!

Sorry, but that that just a load of BS.

Francis only got the belt on March 2021. in July that year, Dana tried to push Francis to fight Gane, and Francis was not ready.
So Dana got mad and set the interim belt in August, when Cyril beat the black beast and became the Interim HW champ.
After that, the ONLY fight to make, was HW Champion against the interim for the Title unification.

And once Francis beat Gane, he went into surgery. EVERYONE KNEW that Francis would let his contract run out. SO when exactly Jon would have had time to fight him???

I am eagerly waiting to see your timeline.
Jones was supposed to force Francis to accept the highest pay ever to fight him.

Maybe drag Francis into the Octagon before he signed anything, and fight him.

He isn't running from Tom Aspinall.

Regardless of what any of us feel about Jones, he has accomplished basically everything in the sport. He gains zero fighting blow joe with barely a name outside of a payday. You win you get shit on, you lose and fans question everything about you from the start.

Tom has not fought undefeated Almeida yet. So if he were to lose to Jones, then Jones would be "ducking Almeida".

Remember how Jones was praised for fighting Gane. Now I have seen claims that Gane is worse than Bisping when comparing Jones to GSP.

The difference is Gane wasn't the champion.

Regardless of what any of us feel about Jones, he has accomplished basically everything in the sport. He gains zero fighting blow joe with barely a name outside of a payday. You win you get shit on, you lose and fans question everything about you from the start.

" Blow Joe"? Seriously? Everyone who posts here know who Aspinall is and that he is the better fight than Stipe. When exactly did Stipe turn into this big money fight? Because he wasn't when he was champion. He was doing 300-400k ppv buys.

Tom doesn't have anything Jon hasn't seen or faced before.

He's just another guy with a similar toolkit that Jones has faced and beaten In the past.

Someone here told me Tom has the best boxing Jones has ever faced, which is hilarious..and just shows how far from reality many people are when It comes to anything involving Jones.

People are just so emotional / engulfed In this hate of the man, they're looking for anything to cut him down.

Jones has already fought everybody. He's secured his legacy and established his position as the goat.

Tom doesn't do anything for that. He's good, but he's just another guy. His skillset and well roundedness stands out In the wasteland of talent that Is HW. That's as much as can be said.

Jones Is a terrible style matchup for Ngannou and would've beaten him far easier than most here could possibly imagine. But, absent that, Stipe is the only one left with some name value and status points.

Much as Tom would be a cool fight for the hardcore fans, nobody knows who he is. In what is likely the last fight of his career, would you want to cut your payday in half to fight a relative no name?

Nah, he needs to beat Tom and then clear out the HW division too in order to be considered GOAT/p4p no1 above Makhachev lol.

(lol)

" Blow Joe"? Seriously? Everyone who posts here know who Aspinall is and that he is the better fight than Stipe. When exactly did Stipe turn into this big money fight? Because he wasn't when he was champion. He was doing 300-400k ppv buys.

Outside of the MMA world Tom is nobody. Especially in America.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luchitha18
Back