• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you are Jon Jones would you fight Stipe or Aspinall for your legacy retirement fight?

If you are Jon Jones would you fight Stipe or Aspinall for your legacy retirement fight?

• Total voters
Stipe, no doubt. Lower risk, higher reward.

Everyone is talking like Aspinall is this legend but he didn't achieve anything so far. He could be a guy that can be forgotten in two or three fights just like Gane was.

Of course Stipe is out of his prime but this fight is not Jones trying to prove he is the best, he already did that. Is a farewell fight that he can easily win, have a nice octagon moment after it and call it quits.

How many of us give a fuck about our own legacy?
If I get easy month I dont stress too much about it.

Stipe, no doubt. Lower risk, higher reward.

Everyone is talking like Aspinall is this legend but he didn't achieve anything so far. He could be a guy that can be forgotten in two or three fights just like Gane was.

Of course Stipe is out of his prime but this fight is not Jones trying to prove he is the best, he already did that. Is a farewell fight that he can easily win, have a nice octagon moment after it and call it quits.

Higher reward? His legacy would literally be better if he retired today than it will be after this fiasco.

I'm not sure I would call myself the best HW and use my profitable stardoom to block Tom from his rightful spot.

Stipe is the best fight for Jon now. Actually a blow up LHW. Looked small on top of Cyril.

Once Jones beats Aspinall, he will suddenly not be any good and the worst fighter in the division, just like with Gane, unless Aspinall goes on to actually accomplish something in his career. The people saying he ducked Aspinall will get amnesia and move on like it never happened. A Stipe fight will be remembered regardless of what happens after.

Obviously Stipe lol. Less risk and way more reward. But as a fan who are they trying to fool here anyway? all three parties are making this happen because of money

If Jon Jones beats old Stipe who hasn't fought for 3 years, is that even a big deal for his legacy?

But if he beats Aspinall would that cement his legacy as the GOAT even more so?

Pros in fighting Stipe. He's considered by some the greatest HW fighter.

Pros in fighting Aspinall. Current interim champion and a guy in his prime.

b1f98279-untitled-design-2024-01-06t180914.127.jpg
I realize Jon has made a few mistakes in his life but the hate is too much on here. He's doing the same thing GSP did but GSP get only love. Jon is the GOAT. That's it and that's all.

Even if we just assume Jones wins either then Stipe is the better bet because he’s already established a legacy whereas with Tom you’d have to assume he’ll still go on to do great things after losing in order for that to mean much.

Bro Stipe beats all the other heavy weights at any age and he's the hw ufc goat why would anyone else deserve the fight with Jon and why would Jon take any other fights Stipe is also the number 2 or 1 ranked contender only recent loss was Francis in a title fight

If I were Jon I'd fight Tom and get my ass handed to me. <lmao><lol><36><goldie><{anton}><{outtahere}><{MingNope}>{<jordan}<Dany07>

Stipe = more money, easier fight, bigger name. It's a no-brainer, Jon has already done it all in MMA...

Even if he beats Stipe and then takes out Tom, he still wouldn't be the HW GOAT, he's not aiming for that because he doesn't have the longetivity at HW so the Tom fight does nothing for him.

He is the MMA GOAT though whether you like it or not because of his run at LHW.

If Jon Jones beats old Stipe who hasn't fought for 3 years, is that even a big deal for his legacy?

Stipe aspinal does nothing for his legacy at all
Stipe his only loss was a title defence to a guy he beat the first time and is the hw goat... And still at the top even beat DC.. he's got a nice legacy of his own ..

Who TF is aspinal just an up and comer who barley fights and is to green hype job in a dead division remember people said Gane was the guy or keeps changing

Stipe of course.

Aspinal is this weeks Jones killer. People will forget Aspinal faster than they did Pav, DC and Gus

Atleast Stipe is established.

Aspinal will be just like Gane. jones is "afraid" and then, well, we all know...

1716616718386.png

Higher reward? His legacy would literally be better if he retired today than it will be after this fiasco.
Literally everyone that thinks so already hated him and is just using it as an excuse for further hatery.

Don't ask "if you are" because I don't wanna be like Jon that POS, I wanna be like GSP better.
GSP took a money fight against bisping and ran away from the sport, never even giving Hendricks a deserved rematch after corrupt judges gave it to the wrong guy, let alone fighting an actual middleweight.

Jon waits til fighters are out of their prime aka Pride fighters etc. his juicing keeps him young, Jon vs Tom when Tom is 50 and on a losing streak clean without roids, despite Jon being older. Seems he shares the fountain of youth with Erick Silva.

GSP took a money fight against bisping and ran away from the sport, never even giving Hendricks a deserved rematch after corrupt judges gave it to the wrong guy, let alone fighting an actual middleweight.
By this logic Jon ran away from giving Reyes his deserved rematch which he actually promised Reyes to give it to him and Jon was gifted an undeserved win also Hendricks won the title after, making GSP's win over him even better cause also Hendricks got caught being on PEDs, also GSP fought WW's who were also MWs: Nick Diaz, Hendricks, Jake Shields, Penn, Fitch, Trigg, Jason Miller and Pete Spratt...etc of these guys.

And when GSP won the title and retired from the sport, it was much better than Jon holding up the division like he's doing rn to fight an old washed smelly Stipe, also it's not that Stipe has 0 wins over currently ranked HW's, he has 1 win over currently active UFC fighter in Arlovski, who will have his final fight next month and gonna retire, and like that, Stipe would hold 0 wins over currently active UFC fighters.

Back