Media Joe Rogan "Ilia Topuria REJECTED Fight Offer Against Alexander Volkanovski At UFC 305: Perth"

I really don't know why he'd say yes anyway. Wrecks his prospects if he loses and if he wins he is retreading old (and damaged) ground. These 2 will always put on an entertaining fight but this would be a relatively pointless defence and waste of time
Fight would mean more if Volk can get back into top form

2nd loss*, Aldo didnt got one either and he had more title defenses + WEC champion.
aldon wasnt a company man... volk is..
That's why they treat him diff DC Hughes Lidell Chael all company guys...

Jose Aldo cancelled like 5 title fights last minute because he wasn't "100%". Pulled this shit all the time.... when conor ended his reign with literally One Punch, i knew they were happy to see him lose the belt.

I guess Volk deserves a rematch, probably the GOAT FW coming off his first loss. Seems like a great chance for Topuria to make some dough and defend his belt to me
no he doesnt deserve it

if people believe stipe who is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
fighting the best of the best all chamionship fights
doesnt deserve jones

who in this world thinks volk deserve a rematch is mind boggling
its like izzy who get shamed left and right
but still gets title shots

please stop

I dont know who he will fight. Im just saying it's ok to try to exert your influence as champ. That's what part of getting the belts is for.
To what extent? So then exert your influence to push for easy fights where you can stay champion for longer? Is it ok if he starts to use his influence to stall out the division while he goes to fight Omalley and Makhachev?

Why even use words like "interesting/deserving/profitable" when it's just up to the champ to decide?

I understand why he's doing it, but I don't think it's ok to just do what you please. It ruins the legitimacy of the belt, and the sport itself. And it's why people aren't respecting him as champ. It looks weak as fuck.

He can make a case for why he doesn't want a Volk rematch, but at the same time I don't think he has a case for denying Max a shot.

Last edited:
I really don't know why he'd say yes anyway. Wrecks his prospects if he loses and if he wins he is retreading old (and damaged) ground. These 2 will always put on an entertaining fight but this would be a relatively pointless defence and waste of time
Prospects for what? Moving up to other divisions?

Ruins his chances for staying champ?

It's a waste of time to fight the long standing champ who is the biggest name in the division?

It's a waste of time to defeat Volk again and cement your legacy as the only man in the division who not only dethroned the champ, but beat him twice to prove you're truly superior?

If it was anyone else, I could agree. But given what Volk has accomplished, he's still a huge threat. But I forget that it's not uncommon for shertards to give up on people so easily. I guess Volk was never any good, right? He's garbage now, on his way out. Just retire already...

Prospects for what? Moving up to other divisions?

Ruins his chances for staying champ?

It's a waste of time to fight the long standing champ who is the biggest name in the division?

It's a waste of time to defeat Volk again and cement your legacy as the only man in the division who not only dethroned the champ, but beat him twice to prove you're truly superior?

If it was anyone else, I could agree. But given what Volk has accomplished, he's still a huge threat. But I forget that it's not uncommon for shertards to give up on people so easily. I guess Volk was never any good, right? He's garbage now, on his way out. Just retire already...

I think he beat Volk definitively it wasn't like a fluke punch or dodgy ref decision and so a rematch brings much more opportunity for Volk than it does Ilia. If they made the rematch I'd watch it without complaint but I don't think an instant rematch is necessary. It's not about Volk not being good enough, but the diminishing levels of prestige that finishing him again would bring (imo)

Immediate rematches after getting KTFO really need to stop. Dana loves rematches, it's so easy to charge fans for the same fights over and over, but give me a break. I love Volk, but he needs to take some time off and recover, and get at least 1 win, then he's right back in the mix.

if people believe stipe who is 2-1 in his last 3 fights
fighting the best of the best all chamionship fights
doesnt deserve jones

who in this world thinks volk deserve a rematch is mind boggling
its like izzy who get shamed left and right
but still gets title shots

please stop
Stipe hasn't won a fight in 4 years.

the new GOAT fw of the week can do whatever he wants (until he loses and isn't the GOAT anymore)

am i doing this right?
You are.

This is why this Goat shit is meaningless

I can't say i want to see an immediate rematch, but its a bad look to turn it down considering Volk gave you a title shot. It should be up to the UFC to decide if they want to do an immediate rematch or not.

I like the Max fight personally. Just a more interesting style match up.

Does more of Ilia to beat Volk and Max back to back.

When did Perth Australia become part of California?

"Where will the UFC 305 be held?"

Perth

UFC, together with the Western Australian Government, today announced a multiyear partnership in which UFC will return to Perth with two blockbuster events starting with UFC 305 at RAC Arena on Sunday, August 18.Mar 27, 2024
I think he just misunderstood what the other guy said is all. If you read it wrong then it can sound like he said Anaheim was Volk’s home turf:

why should Ilia fight a guy he just put to sleep on his turf in front of a hostile crowd?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back