Elections Joe Biden Campaign Rally mega thread! SOTU this Thursday!

Failed coup? With the most armed citizens on Earth bringing zero guns?
Like @Fedor>Cain mentioned, the fake elector scheme is the real coup attempt. Jan 6 was a last ditch effort to stop the certification and pressure Pence (and the Senate) to do what Trump wanted.

If a candidate tries to toss the legal electors for his opponent, and replace them with illegal electors for himself so that he can hold on to power despite losing at the polls, that is a coup attempt.
A coup happens to a sitting president. So Trump led an insurrection against himself?

The real coup as you know happened in November. It was completed on J6.
There’s actually a term for this, “self-coup” (sometimes called “autocoup”). This is when a leader who came to power legally tries to hold on to power illegally.

Like @Fedor>Cain mentioned, the fake elector scheme is the real coup attempt. Jan 6 was a last ditch effort to stop the certification and pressure Pence (and the Senate) to do what Trump wanted.

If a candidate tries to toss the legal electors for his opponent, and replace them with illegal electors for himself so that he can hold on to power despite losing at the polls, that is a coup attempt.

There’s actually a term for this, “self-coup” (sometimes called “autocoup”). This is when a leader who came to power legally tries to hold on to power illegally.

These people didn't pay attention to basic history classes in highschool and colleges were too liberal for them lol. What do you expect?

That was the most partisan SOTU speech in our lifetime. Name one more partisan? That was his campaign speech, not the SOTU.

It was a campaign speech, not a SOTU.

NY Time, WaPo, CNN.... they are going to go all in on .... "Best Speech Evar!!!"
cry.gif

I also have to say... yeah inflation is down to a little over 3% but that is a rate. It sounds nice but it does nothing for how crazy it's been. The rate may have come down but eggs are still horribly overpriced. The cost to live has gone up tremendously and wage increases haven't even put a dent in that.

I don't think he should have bragged about the rate of increase finally slowing. He should talk more about what he is going to do to address the fact that the middle class is getting pinched hard.
We don't want deflation, as that would crush the economy. Prices aren't rising much and wages are. It's definitely not a fact that the middle class is getting pinched. The middle class is seeing wages and wealth rise much more than prices. Probably never been a better time to be a middle class American.

I keep seeing comments about Biden screaming and being angry, but I haven't seen one video where he does that. I thought he was energetic and spoke with conviction.
Republicans were saying he was too low energy and wasn't talking enough. Now they're saying he's too sharp and energetic and talked too long. Might be that these people aren't totally on the level.

The funniest one is people accusing him of being on PEDs. Just totally shameless hackery.

We don't want deflation, as that would crush the economy. Prices aren't rising much and wages are. It's definitely not a fact that the middle class is getting pinched. The middle class is seeing wages and wealth rise much more than prices. Probably never been a better time to be a middle class American.
I just don't see it that way man, I'm sorry. I don't disagree with your thoughts on deflation, and I believe you (I don't know enough about the impact of deflation to give any kind of intelligent input, and I trust your judgment on that). I'm talking about wages increasing. 4% was the average annual increase for most companies in the southeast and cost of living has gone up by a lot more than that. I keep very close track of all my finances, every penny coming in is allocated and monitored and I can say with full sincerity that my purchasing power has gone down.

Now I understand that anecdotal evidence is not definitive, and so it could be that overall in the country, cost of living has gone up a little bit less than it has for me and those people are getting a little bit more than I did. And if so, that's good- and I mean that. But where I live and everywhere I go (east part of the country) the average price for everything, all cost of living elements considered, has gone up by more than 4%. That necessarily indicates a decrease in relative wealth coming in. Wages have gone up but the buying power has gone down. Like my rent increase alone was 15%, and nearly eclipses my annual increase which only went into effect last week.

Odds are I'm going to promote again within the next year. But if I didn't have the opportunities through my company I would be very worried right now. Hell maybe I'm not actually middle class lol

I found Katie Britt's speech to be even more insulting than Biden's. Very strange, staring into the camera with a fake voice trying to pull at heartstrings. I found it extremely annoying.

Why can't these politicians just be normal fucking people??
Because they aren’t!

These people didn't pay attention to basic history classes in highschool and colleges were too liberal for them lol. What do you expect?

1876 Election - You missed that in your "basic history classes". There are other elections with alternate electors, but you claiming it to be unique is ridiculous.

There was no insurrection. The insanity of those pushing it is making the rest of us wonder if you're stable.

I just don't see it that way man, I'm sorry. I don't disagree with your thoughts on deflation, and I believe you (I don't know enough about the impact of deflation to give any kind of intelligent input, and I trust your judgment on that). I'm talking about wages increasing. 4% was the average annual increase for most companies in the southeast and cost of living has gone up by a lot more than that. I keep very close track of all my finances, every penny coming in is allocated and monitored and I can say with full sincerity that my purchasing power has gone down.

Now I understand that anecdotal evidence is not definitive, and so it could be that overall in the country, cost of living has gone up a little bit less than it has for me and those people are getting a little bit more than I did. And if so, that's good- and I mean that. But where I live and everywhere I go (east part of the country) the average price for everything, all cost of living elements considered, has gone up by more than 4%. That necessarily indicates a decrease in relative wealth coming in. Wages have gone up but the buying power has gone down. Like my rent increase alone was 15%, and nearly eclipses my annual increase which only went into effect last week.

Odds are I'm going to promote again within the next year. But if I didn't have the opportunities through my company I would be very worried right now. Hell maybe I'm not actually middle class lol
Rents are definitely not rising 15% nationwide so, yeah, that's a difference. But I think the last paragraph is behind a lot of this (excluding the obvious bad-faith stuff). People think, "I'm lucky because I got a job/better job/raise/promotion, but think of all those other people who have to pay these higher prices." They don't realize that the same booming economy that has helped improve their personal situations is improving things for everyone--especially poorer people. We don't want and won't get falling prices (generally--obviously some individual things see prices fall), but wages will continue to rise. Look back a hundred years, and food seemed to cost almost nothing, but it was a quarter of what people made (and clothes were another quarter). Now, food costs relative to income are falling toward 10%.

I keep seeing comments about Biden screaming and being angry, but I haven't seen one video where he does that. I thought he was energetic and spoke with conviction.

He seemed pretty angry when he was calling out SCOTUS. He completely fumbled it so I can see why people didn't hear it.

He seemed pretty angry when he was calling out SCOTUS. He completely fumbled it so I can see why people didn't hear it.

He's animated for once. Raising your voice doesn't equal screaming. I'm sorry. I dislike the life-long politician, but I don't see anything wrong there.

I've been super busy at work today so just now saw Joe's reaction to MTG wearing the MAGA hat.

That was genuinely funny, and not in the unintentional way he sometimes is. Props where it's due, great reaction by sleepy Joe.

He's animated for once. Raising your voice doesn't equal screaming. I'm sorry. I dislike the life-long politician, but I don't see anything wrong there.

The President threatening SCOTUS to act politically is wrong. I didn't say he was screaming, I said he was angry.

Millennials and Gen Z can't afford homes. What's he babbling about?

J****
F***********
C*********

Wow! MTG set up China Joe and it worked. Now her mother has come out pissed off that he got her name wrong after his policies got her murdered.

Back