Jiri speed will be a big factor

The two best strikers Alex faced in MMA are a guy who uses a Philly shell and a guy he'd already fought multiple times. The other good striker was Jan, who wanted to grapple. Sean and Izzy and Jan were strikers he can legitimately prepare for, with typical striking situations, things he's probably seen before (for sure with Izzy and Jan, and if he hadn't seen that Philly shell, there is extensive tape to review, readily available). Jiri isn't a typical striker, he's throws bombs from weird angles with a ton of speed, and uses all of his 8 points and frequently mixes his strikes, and that causes trouble for fighters who are used to opponents covering the same ground they've seen a million times already. Jiri landing will definitely happen, as it will for Alex. This shouldn't be a walk in the park for either fighter, and will maybe come down to the first clean shot. But, 29 wins and 28 finishes against just 3 losses, anyone writing Jiri off is crazy. His experience in MMA alone should give him an edge.

1. Jiri is relatively quick for a LHW, but Glover makes everyone look like Usain Bolt.
2. Jiri certainly could catch Alex with something big, but I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be a blitz. It seems more likely that he catches Alex with something unexpected, like a spinning attack.
3. Either way, I can't imagine this fight going the distance. Both guys have big power and both are very hittable.

Rewatching the Jiri-Glover, i didn't notice or realize how fast Jiri is, It's hard to notice or appreciate it watching live because of how insane the fight was. He has a very fast and good snap behind his punches, especially his straights. And the speed at which he closes the distance is impressive. I don't think Jiri will have too much trouble hitting Alex P with his blitzes and leaping punches. Actually, I think that's his best way of winning. He's not fundamentally sounded enough to play tit for tat at the distance with Alex.

Logically speaking, Alex should be the favorite because he has the better fundamentals, amazing precisions, and Jiri's striking defense is shit. But I can't shake the feeling that Jiri is going to KO Pereira. I think Jiri will put Alex on the backfoot, which is where Alex is most vulnerable at. With Alex's tall and narrow stance, I can see Jiri rocking his world with a straight and finishing him with a flurry of punches.

He looked fast against Glover b/c he was fighting a 42yo LMAOOOOOO

And Glover even in his physical prime was a slow fighter.

Jiri has some quickness dont get me wrong but hes not prime Hashad or anything.

I've never really thought of Jiri as a quick fighter. That's definitley not something I would pick out about him at least.

If he decides to stand with AP he's in for a brutal night imo. He went life and death with Glover and was rocked on the feet multiple times and basically won a war of attrition. If AP gets him hurt the way Glover did he's going out on his sword.

Jiri is too unpredictable and dangerous for Pereira. This won't be some kickboxing match like people think. If Jiri feels like making it ugly, he will be right in Pereira's grill throwing elbows.

We know Jiri is battle tested in the ufc. Anyone that can eat clean hard shots from Volkan and keep moving forward is a badass. Can Pereira survive a war with Jiri? I don't think so.

If Pereira wasn't the smaller fighter i may feel different. Jiri will be the bigger stronger man in the cage though.
They are pretty much equal in height and reach, and Pereira will for sure be heavier since he cuts more weight than Jiri. Pereira was significantly heavier vs Jan than Jiri was vs Glover for example.

200w.gif

Sean Train With Pro Boxers and can't see Poatan attacks.

He just tapped the tip of his chin too.
Skipped off his chest and everything lol.

Jiri's going to surprise people with his decade straight in MMA fighting at 205 since age 21 and all finishes since 2017. I don't think it will be that competitive.

What about Jiri's injury? When it first happened people were making out like he wouldn't the same fighter again due to how severe it was. Will be interesting to see how he performs.

Was he actually injured or kept out by USADA / UFC / Dana / WWE / IRS / CIA / ??? / ?

I hope Jiri goes out there, stands in the middle of the octagon, enters horse stance, and lands 10,000 punches of gratitude.

What about Jiri's injury? When it first happened people were making out like he wouldn't the same fighter again due to how severe it was. Will be interesting to see how he performs.
Dana said it was the worst injury in ufc history or some other stupid bullshit.

jiri and pavlovich will win
sergey had a full camp while tom didn't
alex hates getting pressured and the much smaller bruno silva put some decent pressure on him imagine what jiri does

Jiri can get caught but he have much more ways to be succesfull than Pereira
- Jiri's grappling is reportedly on same level as his striking right now. Striking should be on another level aswell. + He had perfect sparring partners to copy Pereira (something what Pereira can't do at all..)
- No TD threat from Pereira will make stand up much easier for Prochazka
- Jiri know how to roll with punches - He will not get caught like he did with King Mo +- 10 years ago. He basically lost 2 years of career because of this KO and learnt from this...

In my opinion Pereira's only chance to win is to survive and tire Jiri, then go full on when Jiri slows down...

BTW Jiri's doctor is normally taking care of NHL players and other high level athletes. Recording to him he never seen better recovery than Jiri's. His arm is most likely in better condition than before injury due to some untreated ruptures which are fixed now.

Back