Jiri speed will be a big factor

FraudGoat

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Rewatching the Jiri-Glover, i didn't notice or realize how fast Jiri is, It's hard to notice or appreciate it watching live because of how insane the fight was. He has a very fast and good snap behind his punches, especially his straights. And the speed at which he closes the distance is impressive. I don't think Jiri will have too much trouble hitting Alex P with his blitzes and leaping punches. Actually, I think that's his best way of winning. He's not fundamentally sounded enough to play tit for tat at the distance with Alex.

Logically speaking, Alex should be the favorite because he has the better fundamentals, amazing precisions, and Jiri's striking defense is shit. But I can't shake the feeling that Jiri is going to KO Pereira. I think Jiri will put Alex on the backfoot, which is where Alex is most vulnerable at. With Alex's tall and narrow stance, I can see Jiri rocking his world with a straight and finishing him with a flurry of punches.

Jiri is fast and super fun to watch, but he's a bit defensively sloppy. I think Poatan knocks him out.

200w.gif

Sean Train With Pro Boxers and can't see Poatan attacks.

Rewatching the Jiri-Glover, i didn't notice or realize how fast Jiri is, It's hard to notice or appreciate it watching live because of how insane the fight was. He has a very fast and good snap behind his punches, especially his straights. And the speed at which he closes the distance is impressive. I don't think Jiri will have too much trouble hitting Alex P with his blitzes and leaping punches. Actually, I think that's his best way of winning. He's not fundamentally sounded enough to play tit for tat at the distance with Alex.

Logically speaking, Alex should be the favorite because he has the better fundamentals, amazing precisions, and Jiri's striking defense is shit. But I can't shake the feeling that Jiri is going to KO Pereira. I think Jiri will put Alex on the backfoot, which is where Alex is most vulnerable at. With Alex's tall and narrow stance, I can see Jiri rocking his world with a straight and finishing him with a flurry of punches.

naahh... at least i hope so
alex gives jiri a striking lesson

Jiri leaves too many openings and is too heavy on his lead leg

He’s a dead man

I fucking HATE Alex but he’s gonna KO Jiri bad

I pray that I am wrong
Precision almost always beats chaos.
Jiri I guess is a creative brawler, but Alex needs just one left hook.
Glover kept rocking Jiri.
Remember Glover vs Hill.

Alex getting that belt.
Where are the LHW wrestlers?

Precision almost always beats chaos.
Jiri I guess is a creative brawler, but Alex needs just one left hook.
Glover kept rocking Jiri.
Remember Glover vs Hill.

Alex getting that belt.
Where are the LHW wrestlers?
Ankalav it's a Scary Wrestler sadly his fight with Walker doesn't have a decent conclusion.

TD is the key here, not speed. Jiri will throw a takedown in the first 10 seconds.

Jiri is too unpredictable and dangerous for Pereira. This won't be some kickboxing match like people think. If Jiri feels like making it ugly, he will be right in Pereira's grill throwing elbows.

We know Jiri is battle tested in the ufc. Anyone that can eat clean hard shots from Volkan and keep moving forward is a badass. Can Pereira survive a war with Jiri? I don't think so.

If Pereira wasn't the smaller fighter i may feel different. Jiri will be the bigger stronger man in the cage though.

What about Jiri's injury? When it first happened people were making out like he wouldn't the same fighter again due to how severe it was. Will be interesting to see how he performs.

What about Jiri's injury? When it first happened people were making out like he wouldn't the same fighter again due to how severe it was. Will be interesting to see how he performs.

Jiri has recently shown incredible feats of strength. His body is ready.

Back