Jiri vs Pereira will come down to one thing....

Oregonmma

2x Ice cream belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Head movement. Both have pretty bad defense but Jiri has the movement/head movement advantage. Alex likes to stand stiff upright while throwing punches while Jiri leans all over to move his head to avoid and roll with punches. Not to mention he has ate big shots from Volkan, Reyes and Glover just fine. Jiri's flow state will be too much for Alex.

Jiri KO by flow state RD 1.

Bet the house on it then and post the slip!

Head movement. Both have pretty bad defense but Jiri has the movement/head movement advantage. Alex likes to stand stiff upright while throwing punches while Jiri leans all over to move his head to avoid and roll with punches. Not to mention he has ate big shots from Volkan, Reyes and Glover just fine. Jiri's flow state will be too much for Alex.

You doesn't became Champion of Glory with Bad defense only have the Elite of striking in Glory, If you have a bad Defense in Pro Kickboxing you're dead.

Man I can't decide. I love a good Muay Thai vs KB matchup but to me the "one thing" is Jiri's size he's fought at HW & could never make MW like Alex so I'm leaning ever so slightly towards Jiri.

Toss up imo not betting on this one just want to enjoy the show.

You doesn't became Champion of Glory with Bad defense only have the Elite of striking in Glory, If you have a bad Defense in Pro Kickboxing you're dead.
Mma defense and kickboxing defense aren't the same. He's been cracked hard multiple times in His UFC run

Pereira has bad defense?

Pereira
Str. Def: 51%

Prochazka
Str. Def: 40%

And this is taking into account that Pereira has fought Israel twice, as well as current champ, Strickland.

I think Jiri's style works against most MMA fighters, but not the skilled Glory Kickboxer that Alex is...I see Alex counting and seeing Jiri very well...but the speed and awkwardness of Jiri can be something that is overlooked. My concern, was when Alex lost to Izzy...it was a nice sort of whip punch on Alex top back of the head area...thats what Jiri has consistently landed in fights..I saw them allot and um...but Alex rushed Izzy when that happened..he was so aggressive that he opened up and Izzy played possum. If Alex takes his time and uses his skill set I think by later rounds he wins. Jiri is so unique that he is hard to judge.

Back