The Curious Case of Alex Pereira at 205

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
Most of us thought Alex would have problems in the wresting department at 205, even guys like Walker and Spann
should in theory give him a hard time in the ground.
But fending off Jan's grappling attacks for an entire fn round at 4,000 feet was impressive
and surviving Jiri's deadly GnP is a testament to how Pereira has improved his defense.
You can see the work with Glover paying off.
Its not the wrestling im worried about, its his striking!
I cant believe im saying this about one the finest striker on planet earth, but
at 205, he is too slow and predictable, in both his fights, Alex was standing closer than he needs to,
and getting clipped by a gassed Jan and a one legged Jiri while looking for that one shot that never came.

Im starting to believe that Alex’s boxing is slowly diminishing with each fight. It felt like Alex was on the razor’s edge a few separate instances but Jiri wasnt able to capitalize in time.
There’s no doubt in Poatan’s world class skill, power, and experience but im not sure
we will see the Invincible 185 Poatan ever again.
There were times where Jiri knifed through distance and had Alex standing upright before he adjusted to the pressure, Hill will capitalize on that KO him 100%
Pack it up folks the dream is dead.

Hill is faster and packs power himself. Also he throws from odd angles at times. Hill will KO Alex if or when they fight imo. The difference in speed will become evident real fast.

Out wrestled and even swept Teixeira. Defended takedowns pretty well. All around gives off the feeling he’s very competent.

Out wrestled and even swept Teixeira. Defended takedowns pretty well. All around gives off the feeling he’s very competent.
Agreed, Hill started MMA late, he's been learning at a super fast rate and that showed in the Glover fight (blew my mind).

Alex is slower the heavier he weighs…

What an amazing observation..

more news at 10…

If you think Glover from Jiri fight and Glover from Hill fight is the same then you are wrong.
Teixiera from Jiri fight would steamroll Jamahal.

Hill is faster and packs power himself. Also he throws from odd angles at times. Hill will KO Alex if or when they fight imo. The difference in speed will be evident for all to see.

Everyone said the same thing about Jiri sir.
How'd that work out?.
Alex is just getting used to the weight im thinking.

You're still my little cajun poofter though lol.

If you think Glover from Jiri fight and Glover from Hill fight is the same then you are wrong.
Teixiera from Jiri fight would steamroll Jamahal.
There's no evidence that what you're saying is true, it's super far fetched imo. It wasn't like there was a 5 year period in-between the fights. Lol

Well

Bring Phil Davis back and we'll see how many time he lasts...

Jk... Davis will never get a ts.

Yeah, the guy who just won the 205 title fucking sucks! Right? Right?

Yeah, his defense gets me worried too. That's why I was thinking Jiri would KO him.

Specially against long guys because he just walks backwards extending his arms. Jiri was able to snap him a few good times.

I mean Alex just stopped Jiri who was on like a 14 fight win streak or something, I think he will be just fine, his standup is still fucking dirt nasty and he can handle himself on the ground.

Back