Would current Jones beat the winner of tonight's main event?

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jiri Prochazka vs Alex Pereira

I think I would favor him to take Pereira down and sub him. Jiri would be the tougher matchup. I would love to see how he handles his aggressive striking. I think Jones would land a couple takedowns but not be able to deal with Jiri's hands and lose the decision.

giphy.gif

Prime Bones easily as he easily beat better fighterscin prime. Current would depend on night n motivation . A really motivated Bones beats either easy even now

Jones will never fight either of them. Instead of fighting the interim HW champion to unify the titles, Jon will face a 49 year old Stipe coming off a long layoff and a demoralizing knockout loss.

Yes. No way Poatan would be able to keep it standing, not even if his life depended on it.

As for Jiri, he went life and death with old man Gkover and would likely have lost 49-46 if he hadn't pulled out the last minute sub.

Jones dominated prime Glover that was mauling guys like Rampage. No comparison.

Current Jones (aka just having had his muscle surgically reattached) is the only chance either would have.

dude barely gets by 40 year old glover and you think he's ready for jones?
Prime Pre USADA Jones? Absolutely not. The guy that 4 years ago got his ass handed by Dominick Reyes and quit the division thinking that his time was up? Well, I don't know, man. Jones is obviously not the same after all those years.

Last edited:
Yes because he would take them down and commit violent acts on both.

yes. currently, LHW is in shambles

Yes. No way Poatan would be able to keep it standing, not even if his life depended on it.

As for Jiri, he went life and death with old man Gkover and would likely have lost 49-46 if he hadn't pulled out the last minute sub.

Jones hasn't fought at LHW in nearly 4 years, and he wasn't able to take down either Reyes or 1 leg Thiago in his last 2 there; fights he could have easily lost.

That people like you are thinking he is the same guy that fought Glover 10 years ago is laughable.

He's a slow plodding HW now that would die making the weight on top of looking past it for a while now.

His favourable matchup and one takedown of Gane exposing his white belt grappling that had already been on display prior does not make him the same Jones of 10 years ago. Not to mention the major surgery he'd be coming off now.

Current Jones is probably like 300lbs with torn muscles. I'd favour Jiri and Alex.

yes. his grappling ability and his fight IQ are too much for these 2 guys

To say Jiri would have only won round against Glover means you don’t know how to judge mma. That fight was 2-2 going into the fifth and then Jiri won.

Back