The Curious Case of Alex Pereira at 205

Most of us thought Alex would have problems in the wresting department at 205, even guys like Walker and Spann
should in theory give him a hard time in the ground.
But fending off Jan's grappling attacks for an entire fn round at 4,000 feet was impressive
and surviving Jiri's deadly GnP is a testament to how Pereira has improved his defense.
You can see the work with Glover paying off.
Its not the wrestling im worried about, its his striking!
I cant believe im saying this about one the finest striker on planet earth, but
at 205, he is too slow and predictable, in both his fights, Alex was standing closer than he needs to,
and getting clipped by a gassed Jan and a one legged Jiri while looking for that one shot that never came.

Im starting to believe that Alex’s boxing is slowly diminishing with each fight. It felt like Alex was on the razor’s edge a few separate instances but Jiri wasnt able to capitalize in time.
There’s no doubt in Poatan’s world class skill, power, and experience but im not sure
we will see the Invincible 185 Poatan ever again.
There were times where Jiri knifed through distance and had Alex standing upright before he adjusted to the pressure, Hill will capitalize on that KO him 100%
Pack it up folks the dream is dead.

Poatan was never invincible. He lost in Glory, at both MW and LHW.

But Pereira also had the ability to win, flatline people, and become the LEGIT WORLD CHAMPION in BOTH DIVISIONS.

Similarly, Poatan is not invincible in MMA either. He lost in his debut, and he lost to Izzy.

But Pereira also had the ability to win, KO Izzy, flatline others, and become the LEGIT WORLD CHAMPION in BOTH DIVISIONS.

If I remember correctly, Jamahal Hill recently got subbed by Paul Craig. And if I remember correctly, Hill won a BS "title" by beating the guy who lost to Jiri, the true and rightful LHW Champion.

Alex is actually the guy who beat the true LHW Champion.

I agree that Hill's powerful right is a threat to Alex, but Alex' deadly left is a threat to Hill's tiny tennis-ball head, and Alex' vastly superior experience and résumé is something Hill has never faced.

Time will tell.

Back