JDS -- Jones Derangement Syndrome

Jon wants to make the $ before retiring. Tom isn't that guy

He got a thread!
That puts him up there with Rin Nakai!
But seriously where would you rank him all-time among MMA heavyweights? Maybe #4?
Well he's gotten multiple threads actually lol. Where would I put him? I don't know.. he hasn't done enough in the sport yet. Tom is very good but I do think that he is a little overestimated on these boards despite not having done all that much. Jon only cares about legacy hunting now so I can see why he wouldn't want to fight Tom right now. It's high risk and beating Tom doesn't really do anything for his legacy as much as beating Stipe and Alex would.

Derangement is calling Tom Aspinall a nobody.
I mean it is a nobody. A nobody with heavy hands, good grappling, apparently a decent chin, and an interim strap.
A great target for some good ol' ducking.

NPC-crowd-485x282.jpg

Bones-man bad!

Based solely off of the title, I thought this thread was going to be about Junior Dos Santos developing a coke habit, beating his wife and crashing into cars while intoxicated. Jokes on me I guess.
Same

I thought it would be about JDS leaving his unattractive wife once he got rich and famous, and getting with hotties

Last edited:
To a certain extent I agree, because in general the online fanship is way too quick to judge anything as an example of ducking. How many posts I made to try and educate people accusing Miocic ducking Ben Rothwell.... (And don't you guys start on about Miocic "ducking" Aspinall. Seriously, you expect anybody to turn down the promise of a rescheduled championship fight to chase the interim title? And he has already talked of fighting Aspinall if he becomes champ. )

But Jones does have a certain, how shall I say it, cold calculation with how he approaches upcoming matches, coupled with a habit of bait-and-switch twitter teasing, that looks a lot more like ducking than most other fighters' behavior that gets called that.

HEAVY WEIGHT INTERIM TITLE HOLDER IS 'A NOBODY'

claims highly significant person on their keyboard.

Jones Derangement Syndrome. I see otherwise solid MMA fans talking about how Jones is ducking an apparent all-time great (who knew?) In TOM ASPINALL.
Aspinall is an exciting fighter but he's a nobody. Let's be honest. That's not his fault. But fans who talk about him are exhibiting Jones Derangement Syndrome, plain and simple. There are almost no threads about Aspinall on this forum. He gets no coverage in the media. He's just your latest hope, for some reason, to beat Jon Jones. Many of you come across as nuts in these discussions!
Have a nice day.
Jones has yet to beat usada. Constantly testing positive. Assaulting testers and hiding under the ring. How he is considered goat is beyond me.

Regardless of the current "controversy", Jones derangement syndrome is an actual thing among MMA fans. Some of you guys ruminate about Jon the way some people ruminate about Donald Trump. I legitimately think the guy is affecting your personal happiness to some degree.

LOL at calling the real HW champ a nobody. Jones refused to fight Pav and Aspinall went in there and Ko’d him. He’s the interim champ and now Jones refuses to fight him too. Astounding that Jones defenders don’t see the pattern. Real champs don’t chronically duck any dangerous match that comes their way.

In Jones’ defense, he only ever wanted to fight Stipe. A lot of this resentment is stemming from some unwritten, imaginary law or promise that the only fight after Stipe is Aspinall. Jon is at the prizefighting stage of his career: Lowest risk for most money and exposure. Aspinal doesn’t fit thaf description. Of course he’s ducking him. He’s the interim champ who makes 1/4 what Alex makes. Why the fuck would Jones want to fight him? Jon has already proven how good he is, now he’s looking to pad his resume and cash some checks.

People just want clicks, it's that simple. Like creating a thread to discuss a made up thing calked 'Insert name here' derangement syndrome.

Reactions: HHJ
In Jones’ defense, he only ever wanted to fight Stipe. A lot of this resentment is stemming from some unwritten, imaginary law or promise that the only fight after Stipe is Aspinall. Jon is at the prizefighting stage of his career: Lowest risk for most money and exposure. Aspinal doesn’t fit thaf description. Of course he’s ducking him. He’s the interim champ who makes 1/4 what Alex makes. Why the fuck would Jones want to fight him? Jon has already proven how good he is, now he’s looking to pad his resume and cash some checks.
Good. Let him give up the belt and then fight whoever, if he has nothing to prove let those who do fight for the title.

Good. Let him give up the belt and then fight whoever, if he has nothing to prove let those who do fight for the title.

He’s taking a page out of DC’s book. Notch an easy defense at HW immediately after getting the belt. No-sell the rightful contender.

Bisping ducked the rightful contenders at MW, as well. Made us wait through a grudge match with old man Hendo and retired, unranked GSP while the top 5 was stacked with killers.

GSP did the right thing and retired again, but he was still chided it for it, nonetheless.

Jones haters just love to call him a duck for doing the same thing that other “champs” have done- Use the belt to command the matches that you want. And they also desperately want to see Jon lose, and Tom is the most likely avenue for that to happen.

Tom can still fight the top contenders. After Jones vacates, it will likely be Blaydes vs. Aspinall for the undisputed title.

Back