If Blaydes beats Aspinall, Who is the next Supposed Boogy Man for Jon Jones?

Aspinall will finish him in embarassing fashion if he doesn't retire beforehand.

I hear this dude Father Time is gonna do it. Undefeated and Champion across all sports and life.

#1- I think Jones retires after Stipe

If he doesn't, he needs to fight Aspinall if Aspinall wins. We all know he should have done that before fighting a 42 year old that hasn't won a fight in over 4 years

If Blaydes wins, I'd rather see Jones vs Periea for the HW title.

I think Volkov would be a tough fight for Jones, bur Aspinall destroys Blaydes

I think Aspinall is the only one that can really threaten Jon Jones right now. But if he loses, then he clearly has holes in his game and was overrated to begin with. That's the fight game though, right? Sometimes fighters go on hot streaks only to crash back down to reality. We will find out on Saturday if Aspinall is for real or not.

But if Aspinall wins, these forums are gonna go nuts on Jon Jones if he tries to avoid unifying the heavyweight titles.

Jon Jones is retiring after the Stipe fight.

Well, i guess is the one that beats Aspinall, isnt it how its supposed to work? Whats wrong about him?

Jon ain't fighting anyone other than retired 40+ year old fighters. Randy Couture has a higher likelyhood of fighting than those in the top 5.

I'd like to see them fight.

But, at the end of the day, i understand that its prize fighting first and a sport second.

Our own idealism about how we think combat sports should be in terms of hierarchy of deservedness and a linear system of rankings and opponents is great in theory.

But Its just that, an idealistic fantasy, which is never how things have worked, even going back to the early days of boxing.

Most pro fighters are gonna opt for the biggest possible fights when they only have 1 or 2 left.

Mighty mouse is also Jones age and said he's not coming back unless it gets his dick hard. If you dug deeper, this is 90% of fighters at a similar stage of their career.

Would you take a massive pay cut to fight someone the casual fanbase doesn't know, put on an event that does a fraction of the numbers, for your very last opportunity to make money for yourself and family?

Or do you take the big fight and event that gets you up running in the morning with a fire in your soul?

Especially when it comes to fighters later In their careers who are struggling to find the motivation just to do this.

People make this about fear, but it's just business.

No different than Ngannou leaving for boxing.

If he does fight again after Stipe, it will be a champ vs champ fight against Poatan.

I understand exactly where you're coming from, but I think people with your way of thinking regarding Jon Jones aren't seeing the bigger picture and in many cases, are allowing his outside the cage antics to get in the way of reason.

Why do you keep implying that Jones v Stipe is a big fight, but Jones v Aspinall isn't?

weird stipe is 2-1 in his last 3 fights fighting championship fights
only got kod by nganou
you can actualy debate that he was just caught by a lucky punch

but your acting like hes a tony ferguson fighter who lost 5x in a row dude
are u comparing him to tony?
you cant even compare him to izzy who is 1-2 in his last 3 fights
the dude got humiliated again and again

now im sorry these are all facts
and facts doesnt care about your feelings or opinions

also gane was the boogeyman because hes at the top of the division
if you dont agree then why the hell cant they beat gane

im always here to give u facts
How did you manage to write such a long text without addressing any of the points in the post you were replying to? I.e. HW in his 40s who's been inactive for over 3 years

How did you manage to write such a long text without addressing any of the points in the post you were replying to? I.e. HW in his 40s who's been inactive for over 3 years
jones has been inactive for 3 years
strangled gane like it was nothing
also jones has been fighting for a longer time than stipe
(google if you dont believe me)

a fact that HW fighters at 40 isnt the same as lightweight fighters at 40

please dont act like stipe is tony ferguson who lost 5 straight in a row
its disgusting yall praise adesanya who is 1-2 in his last 3 fights (gets title shots everywhere)
but try to insult the HW GOAT

hes literaly 2-1 in his last 3 fights

Why do you keep implying that Jones v Stipe is a big fight, but Jones v Aspinall isn't?

There's just a lot more to work with when it comes to selling a fight/ creating an event.

Stipe is one of the best HWs of all time, he's been around a long time. Not exactly popular, but he's been in enough big fights that the general audience knows who he is.

They're marketing him as the best HW of all time.

Stipe Jones was also a long time fantasy match during the time they reigned in their respective divisions.

For Jones, I think it's not just about the biggest event, but also what can be gained in terms of accolades that would add to his resume and all time status.

Tom is a solid HW, but he only has 2 big wins and most casual fans only learned about him after his win over Sergei.

600 thousand instagram followers vs Stipes 2 mil

He doesn't have the name value, hype behind him, long history of beating top competition, personality. He has a lot working against him. Perhaps that changes in time, as he slowly becomes a more recognized figure. For now, it's how they are though.

I'm sure no matter who Jones fights is going to be a big event, but there's a lot more to work with on multiple levels with Stipe as the B side.

I'd love to see him fight Tom

Just putting all the cards on the table and explaining why they're moving in that direction with facts.

No different than Leon being stiffed for a title shot for a long time. Even Belal recently, ironically by Leon, who himself was trying to get bigger fights.

There's a long list of fighters who opted for fights that made the most business sense, over high risk low reward fights.

Beyond just the fighters, even the organization, promotion and managers themselves likely have a hand in pushing whatever will make the most money and put on the biggest event as well. Why things happen the way they do is more complex than just the fighters deciding to duck a tough challenger.

This Is further magnified when a fighter is in the final phase of their career, their final opportunity to acquire wealth for their families. Historically, almost all fighters go with the biggest fights possible, or they simply didn't fight. Far from being something exclusive to Jones.

It's easy to sort of project our idealism about how things should be. I'd also like to see a sport that was purely a competition, about the art, about the martial arts and simply finding out who the best is. I'm a purist as much as anyone.

It's just important to operate in facts and exist in reality, because things obviously aren't like that and never have been. Even going back to old school boxing. So, we need to understand the other side as well.

@AmonTobin

Last edited:
Just a friendly heads up. Orca & astralpanda are 2 of the biggest chatbots on this forum. They can type for days in circles without actually addressing a single good point you raise. Could be AI and probably not worth your time.
"Could be ai"

I'd expect nothing less from someone who tried to argue that Woodley faked being unconscious after getting knocked put by Jake Paul in full seriousness..lol

The irony is that countless points have been made in several posts, but you've failed to address anything. Only showcase your masterful ability to beat around the bush. Now you claim its what I'm doing.

Projection is a hell of a drug.

Last edited:
"Could be ai"

I'd expect nothing less from someone who tried to argue that Woodley faked being unconscious after getting knocked put by Jake Paul in full seriousness..lol

The irony is that countless points have been made in several posts, but you've failed to address anything. Only showcase your masterful ability to beat around the bush
1.Aspinall is the #1 fight to make for obvious reasons but Jon ducked out.
2.As of right now, Aspinall-Jones makes more money than Miocic-Jones.
3.Jake Paul puts on fake fights. Keep trying to change my mind about any of those 3 things.
you’re wrong.

Last edited:
Aspinall is the #1 fight to make for obvious reasons but Jon ducked out. Aspinall-Jones makes more money than Miocic-Jones. Jake Paul puts in fake fights. Keep trying to change my mind about any of those 3 things.
It's not about your opinion or mine.

It's about the facts.

All I did was break down multiple sides of the discussion, in great detail.

Both have merit.

It's just important to understand why decisions are made by fighters and the organization.

We can want a purist sport of competition, martial arts, the love of the art and simply finding out who the best is. I want that too.

But that's simply not how things have ever been. It becomes idealism that isn't grounded in reality, ignorant to the business of entertainment.

All I'm really suggesting is that it's implement to understand both sides. Disagreeing is fine, but it's a systemic issue, rather than something exclusive to any one fighter.

It's not about your opinion or mine.

It's about the facts.

All I did was break down multiple sides of the discussion, in great detail.

Both have merit.

It's just important to understand why decisions are made by fighters and the organization.

We can want a purist sport of competition, martial arts, the love of the art and simply finding out who the best is. I want that too.

But that's simply not how things have ever been. It becomes idealism that isn't grounded in reality, ignorant to the business of entertainment.

All I'm really suggesting is that it's implement to understand both sides. Disagreeing is fine, but it's a systemic issue, rather than something exclusive to any one fighter.
Stop backpedaling, you twat. You were definitely taking a side. Now you’ve decided you’re not? Lol

1.Aspinall is the #1 fight to make for obvious reasons but Jon ducked out.
2.As of right now, Aspinall-Jones makes more money than Miocic-Jones.
3.Jake Paul puts on fake fights. Keep trying to change my mind about any of those 3 things.
Astralpanda disagrees with each of these and he’s is wrong.
Well, it's one thing to claim someone puts on fake fights. It's another to go full Eddie bravo and say Tyron Woodley literally rehearsed pretending to be unconscious after he got knocked out by Jake Paul.

You're making this about your personal opinion.

That's what you don't seem to understand. The world doesn't revolve around you and facts don't care about your feelings.

I care about the objective truth more than I do feeding my own biases. That's the difference. You can't even acknowledge another side exists.

But, anyone who's listens to your takes shouldn't be surprised about that.

Last edited:
Well, it's one thing to claim someone puts on fake fights. It's another to go full Eddie bravo and say Tyron Woodley literally rehearsed pretending to be unconscious after he got knocked out by Jake Paul.

You're making this about your personal opinion.

That's what you don't seem to understand. The world doesn't revolve around you and facts don't care about your feelings.

I care about the objective truth more than I do feeding my own biases. That's the difference. You can't even acknowledge another side exists.

But, anyone who's listened to your takes shouldn't be surprised about that.
You’re not being objective, you moron. You’re giving us your opinion just like everyone else is. You think Jake Paul is a fantastic boxer and his fights are 100% authentic, Ngannou ran away from Jones, and Aspinall is a nobody. I happen to disagree with your horrible takes.

Stop backpedaling, you twat. You were definitely taking a side. Now you’ve decided you’re not? Lol

Understanding the reasoning behind why a top fighter would opt for fights that make the most business sense in the twilight of their careers, doesn't mean there isn't validity in wanting a purist sport with a linear hierarchy of deservedness, where the best fight the best for the sake of competition and martial arts.

I've actually acknowledged both sides very clearly from the very first posts I made in this thread.

But I just understand that prize fighting and entertainment is the reality of sports, it doesn't mean I fully agree with it, but I exist in reality and go by facts. Not idealism.

You've proven that you have an issue with selective listening though, so I'm not surprised.

Back