Who would Jon Jones fight if Stipe was injured?

No one at HW. Not even Blaydes. Jon Jones wouldn't even fight Curtis Blaydes, think about that for a minute.

Honestly, if Jones can't get the Stipe fight... I could see him reaching out for Jailton Almeida. Grappling-wise, Jones could possibly wall him out and finish him on the feet.

He'll say "they're not worthy" but I think he's scared shitless of anyone in the top 5 who can wrestle.

Stipe or retirement at this point. I love Jones, but he will not risk his legacy.

Jones wouldn't even rematch Gane on short notice.

He wouldn't take Sonnen on short notice. No way he is fighting Periera on short notice.

He'd just make it another 151 scenario. He isnt fighting someone legit on short notice, and they arent gonna pay him what he makes to sub Tuivasa or something.

Seems a bit more likely that the fight will get postponed because Jones will pop for steroids again, or drive into someones car while drunk again, or beat his girlfriend up again, or threaten to stick his finger up a comedians asshole again and maybe follow through this time and get arrested for it.

Last edited:
Poatan.

Jon doesn't want nothing to do with Aspinall. He has said recently he won't entertain a fight with Tom.

BUT

Jon has already lobbied for a potential GOAT fight with Pereira.

Chael Sonnen, wait Jon Jones doesn't fight Chael on short notice, he has to prepare

Let's say Stipe/Jones are set to fight at UFC 309, and Stipe gets injured a few weeks before the fight. Does Jon Jones agree to fight the Aspinall/Blaydes winner as a short notice opponent?

Stipe is older and this is a definite possibility, and Jon has refused short notice opponents before. Jon refused to fight a short notice opponent (Chael Sonnen) at UFC 151. He pulled off the card entirely. Dana blamed this on Jon's camp, but I doubt Jon had zero say in the matter. I'm pretty convinced with his "legacy" on the line, that Jon will not accept the Aspinall/Blaydes winner as a short notice change of opponent if Stipe gets injured.

My personal theory: Dana convinces Jon Jones to fight Alex Pereira @ UFC 309 for the heavyweight belt. What do you guys think?
Pereira is a bad matchup for the current Jones, though something Gane-style is also possible.

Either his baby momma or random fans on Twitter. Definitely not Tom Aspinall lmao.

I'm pretty sure if Stipe was injured Jones would still want to fight him, tbh it would just make him want to fight him more .

Pereira on short notice. Alex would accept for a big bag of money and Jones would probably win.
This 100%. Good call. Aspinall is ridiculous to take on short notice. However who knows if Jones has a full camp, Aspinall comes in with 1/4 camp, might be his best opportunity to beat him.

Back