• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I thought Ian Gary was a striker?

He fights smart, but yes very boring. It's always a pain to the eye when a guy talks big and fights like that. He is not winning fans, but fights which is the path he is choosing. Some fighters choose just bleed, win or lose, they entertain, make money, gets fans.

MMA fighter. He was extremely unimpressive on the feet, but it's a positive win - shows he's still adding to his game and willing to mix in grappling. Every fight he seems to have something new to get him across the finish line. I think he's disciplined enough to beat anyone where there's a clear pathway he can work on to beat them, but isn't ready for the top.

Was surprised he didn't use the intercepting knee he used against Geoff Neal against MVP. MVP was probably faster than he expected, but I wonder if it was ever in the game plan to try it.

How he got to the body triangle was nice.
I feel like it's pretty bad that MVP has been a pro MMA fighter for so long but still is so defensively bad on the ground...like dude, it's literally your job and you have the money to train with anyone.

He fights smart, but yes very boring. It's always a pain to the eye when a guy talks big and fights like that. He is not winning fans, but fights which is the path he is choosing. Some fighters choose just bleed, win or lose, they entertain, make money, gets fans.
Just bleed style is not the only alternative

Just bleed style is not the only alternative
Of course there are guys with skills high enough to be entertaining and very successful! Ian Garry isn't there yet, so instead of taking risks and be entertaining, he keeps it safe but gets the win.

it’s called selling a fight, and ya’ll bought it lol

Both are PFL level fighters
He cucked Page bad

I thought MVP was supposed be some killer?

Back