Owl in my pine tree

If have any pets like cat or small dog, Hooty might try to merk them
(Unless it’s one of those bitch azz small owls)
No small pets, not sure if Hootly is a lil bitch owl... For what it's worth, the hoot has some bass to it

lol whut?

They use these all the time, there are multiple species of owls that are cavity nesters…

Local Audubon society has owl boxes up all over their properties

Ts. Do you know what species it is?
I have no idea of the species. I hear it every night but have never actually seen it.

But the box can't hurt, right?

No small pets, not sure if Hootly is a lil bitch owl... For what it's worth, the hoot has some bass to it

You can identify owls by their Hoot
I have Barred owls in the park down the street from me
They are pretty big and bad ass owls
Their hoot sounds like, “who cooks for you, who cooks for you all”

Tell her to hoot out a Bob Seager tune when she swoops through... just so I know it's really Sarah...

...little too tall... coulda used a few pounds...

You'll know it's Sarah, she's got giant melons, she's a water melon sales woman when she's not selling Owl time share ...... She always has a couple of samples.....

You'll know it's Sarah, she's got giant melons, she's a water melon sales woman when she's not selling Owl time share ...... She always has a couple of samples.....
She sounds like my type... but you're saying no chance for a Seger hello?

Just take those old records off the shelf... I'll sit and listen to them by myself...

Just take those old records off the shelf... I'll sit and listen to them by myself...

Seger hello? Of course..... I thought that was a done deal???

Owls are cool & wicked predators, baby owls are the ultimate in cute.​
1719909459343.jpeg

Today's music ain't got no soul, I Iike that old time Rock & Roll.

Last edited:
I have no idea of the species. I hear it every night but have never actually seen it.

But the box can't hurt, right?
You could try downloading the Merlin app (it ids birds by their songs), or look up the species in your area and listen to some calls. Barred owls are pretty common and may use a box, some of the smaller species do as well. A great horned owl most likely wouldn’t but it certainly won’t hurt.

Those owls already like your tree, you don't need to add anything. Could cause problems even, if it leads to a battle because some other owls want to take over the territory due to the box.

lol whut?

They use these all the time, there are multiple species of owls that are cavity nesters…

Local Audubon society has owl boxes up all over their properties

Ts. Do you know what species it is?
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU ANYWAY????? LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANIMALS OR HAVE ANY REEEEEEEEEEEAL EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH THEM...

Oh, hold on, getting a message here. Oh...zoo...

Welp.

Owls are fun. Ok.

Back