(GIF) GSP’s full riddum on display against Josh Koscheck

He was too nice. Not a true "fighter" at heart. Just a true martial artist. He could've put a beating on Kos eye and stopped their fight , couldve also caused life altering damage. Couldve also finished hardy but he would've had to snap his arm.

This is my opinion as well. Georges doesn't have a real killer instinct. I agree with many people on that. He never really wanted to hurt people. Compare that to a guy like Frank Mir that would snap an arm without hesitation.

I refuse to let a fighter's good nature become negative in my appreciation. I respect the hell out of guys like Jones and Mir for having that killer instinct, but I also respect the fighters like GSP that don't want to do unnecessary damage. In the case of Kos' eye, it wouldn't be easy for someone like GSP to live with the knowledge that he ended a guy's career and/or permanently blinded him as well.

sorry, but no.
GSP was criticized (and admitted it himself) that he does not go for the kill.

GSP is not just a professional fighter; he is one of the best.
And he could have ended Kos. he simply didn't even attempt to.

Claiming "it is difficult" because he is "fighting a professional fighter" is ridiculous.
One-eyed Kos was ready to give up if GSP gave him a chance.
It was a dominant performance, that’s enough for me and it should be for you. It’s like saying yeh my team won 5-0 but they didn’t win 10-0 so it wasn’t satisfying enough. Stop nit picking.

If that is the second fight... Men i remember GSP throwing like two right hands all night... His oponente was battered, defeated, blind from one eye... and still he didn't even try to take the guy out, jabbed all night, played safe until the end, ddidn't take no risks, didn't even care as usual for the crowd or make it count for the fans...
But somehow this dude that never risked to be great is loved by many, called goat, what a BORING ass fighter.

Umm since he was dominating the fight wouldn't it be on Josh to take a risk and try to change the course of the fight instead of just accepting the fact he was beaten and doing nothing?

GSP may not have finished much later in his career but he absolutely destroyed and demoralised his opponent's in a way that may have been even worse than a quick finish and most were never the same after.

Was this the first or second fight ? I can't remember either, I recall Josh getting maybe one or two brief takedowns but he couldn't hold GSP down anyway. No idea how he was able to shrug Kos takedowns so easily, probably the best double at WW at the time.

I would disagree with this. He was very very good. But there are better. Hendricks for one, or else he would've outwrestled him.

GSP was just extremely well rounded, good everywhere, and because of it, he had ability to dictate where the fight was in most matchups. He was able mix everything together and keep his opponent not knowing what he was going to do. If you want to get technical, he's probably one of the best examples of a "Mixed" Martial Artist, able to mix disciplines and transition seamlessly between grappling and striking.
Lol Hendricks.

A guy who struggled to takedown a bunch of guys, some with garbage TDD is better than Georges?

I'm not convinced Hendricks was better than Koscheck in the wrestling department.

What’s odd, is goerge used to use the spinning back kick at least once in EVERY fight, after receiving more “training “ with it , we never see it now.

Only roaches jab.

I can’t remember but I don’t even remember him throwing his go to Superman punch on bisping?

Maybe he did, but it doesn’t stand out in memory.

If anything he looks like less of a complete dynamic striker than he used to be.

I mean he landed a fucking axe kick on Hughes back in the day.
He rocked Bisping with a superman punch.

tenor.gif

It was a dominant performance, that’s enough for me and it should be for you. It’s like saying yeh my team won 5-0 but they didn’t win 10-0 so it wasn’t satisfying enough. Stop nit picking.
Bullshit.
Beating a one-eyed Kos and not ONE attempt to end the fight.
It's like saying that Derrick Lewis beat Francis Ngannou was as exciting as when Francis beat AO.

Bullshit.
Beating a one-eyed Kos and not ONE attempt to end the fight.
It's like saying that Derrick Lewis beat Francis Ngannou was as exciting as when Francis beat AO.
Who gave him the one eye in that fight? Comparing that fight to the shitshow that was Ngannou v Lewis is complete lunacy.

Umm since he was dominating the fight wouldn't it be on Josh to take a risk and try to change the course of the fight instead of just accepting the fact he was beaten and doing nothing?

GSP may not have finished much later in his career but he absolutely destroyed and demoralised his opponent's in a way that may have been even worse than a quick finish and most were never the same after.
He has come out and said later in his career he wanted guys to challenge him and gave them all the time they had to try and bring the finish to him.

He mentioned the challenger should be the one going for the finish. It’s his mentality.

You see he finished almost every fight in which he was the challenger. And even his last fight he was the challenger and what happened?

2nd rnd finish

So his opponents are to blame also from a certain point of view

He has come out and said later in his career he wanted guys to challenge him and gave them all the time they had to try and bring the finish to him.

He mentioned the challenger should be the one going for the finish. It’s his mentality.

You see he finished almost every fight in which he was the challenger. And even his last fight he was the challenger and what happened?

2nd rnd finish

So his opponents are to blame also from a certain point of view

he just fights smart and people are too dumb to understand it.

Why would you risk your health and belt trying to finish a challenger who you've already strategically beat?

If the challenger's losing a decision, he should be doing everything he can to get the finish. instead we see fighters who have no chance at winning a decision go in the fifth round and COAST, and then fans blame Georges

Who gave him the one eye in that fight? Comparing that fight to the shitshow that was Ngannou v Lewis is complete lunacy.
no, it is not.

GSP broke Kos's eye socket in the first round. He could have finished him at any subsequent round, but never even attempted to.
And because you think this is a slight in GSP's direction, it is obvious you blindly act in his defense.
And THAT over-reaction shows it is because you KNOW this is an area you feel he needs "protection"... and he needs your protection because the complaint is obviously justified, and you got absolutely no way around it.

You expose yourself, kid.
It is fine actually. I didn't mean to give GSP a hard time. But you can't deny facts.

This is gonna be pointless but anyway... This sport gave sakuraba, minotauro, Wanderlei, penn, shogun, fedor, velasquez, cigano, comier, Anderson to name few...All winners too, they all actually did something more than pile wins during their carreers... Georges had a extra sucessfull career, but was just a timid soul compared too almost every sucessfull mma fighter in history...

I guess people like winners and that it's all, i'm not frigid and in a sport full of winners there actually dared to be great and entertaining, he is less then nothing and will be soon just became statistics because nobody ever will bother to search back to watch trough all borefests he putted on.

Jon Fitch the WW wrestler version of forrest griffin was the number 2 for a lot of time on that category, so even his competition for most part wasn't that exceptional too.

This is gonna be pointless but anyway... This sport gave sakuraba, minotauro, Wanderlei, penn, shogun, fedor, velasquez, cigano, comier, Anderson to name few...All winners too, they all actually did something more than pile wins during their carreers... Georges had a extra sucessfull career, but was just a timid soul compared too almost every sucessfull mma fighter in history...

I guess people like winners and that it's all, i'm not frigid and in a sport full of winners there actually dared to be great and entertaining, he is less then nothing and will be soon just became statistics because nobody ever will bother to search back to watch trough all borefests he putted on.

Jon Fitch the WW wrestler version of forrest griffin was the number 2 for a lot of time on that category, so even his competition for most part wasn't that exceptional too.

You're probably not wrong and GSPs highlight really is definitely not what I would show a perspective fan thinking about getting into the sport. Fedor, Anderson and Shogun among others would be far better choices.

That timidity and him willingly admiting to the fear and anxiety he battled with yet still overcame and did the things he was able to accomplish are why I have so much respect for him.

He wasn't a typical fighter and seems like the least likely candidate to end up being one of the greatest to ever step into the cage.

You're probably not wrong and GSPs highlight really is definitely not what I would show a perspective fan thinking about getting into the sport. Fedor, Anderson and Shogun among others would be far better choices.

That timidity and him willingly admiting to the fear and anxiety he battled with yet still overcame and did the things he was able to accomplish are why I have so much respect for him.
What you say is very true, he surely was brave for stepping out of his confort zone, stepping in the spotlights, perfoming, facing challenges in himself and life and all that should indeed be praised... but when comparing to others he doesn't in fact shine at all to me, but sports Always has that aspect of you vs. yourself and indeed he shined on that aspect.

Back