(GIF) GSP’s full riddum on display against Josh Koscheck

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
gsp2.gif

gsp1.gif

Josh Kosheck was one of the most decorated amateur wrestlers in mma back in his prime and his explosion on his takedown shots was impressive as fuck.

Georges out wrestled Kos and secured both a single and a double leg takedown on him like the mad man he was.

GSP was a machine in his prime, he was more aggressive pre-serra but post Serra he truly evolved into a machine.

Georges St-Pierre is hands down one of the greatest to ever compete in mma and he is one of the most complete fighters of all time.

Last edited:
GSP is definitely on the GOATrushmore, not sure about Anderson after pissing hot.

Gsp is the best mma wrestler ever, despite having no background

Pretty crazy

I am impressed by this performance...

qpphtw.jpg

Pretty crazy

what's also crazy is everybody shits on karate but he says his kyokushin background is what gave him his distance management.

watching that gif makes me cringe at the potential ACL/MCL cataclysm that could have transpired

He probably doesn't get enough credit for this, but GSP was an incredibly cerebral fighter. More so than probably anyone. He thought the hell out of all his matchups with the help of his coaches and figured out where he could exploit weaknesses. If GSP's analysis of his opponent was correct, he had you beat before you stepped into the octagon because he had figured out your weaknesses and methods to exploit them. That was probably his biggest strength as a fighter, his cerebral, well-thought out approach as well as his ability to implement and stick to a gameplan.

The second Koscheck fight where he jabbed the shit out of him is probably my favorite fight of his because of how well he implemented his gameplan. The Fitch fight was pretty good too.

This could be seen in his approach to training as well, doing gymnastics and such, conditioning his body in ways that others weren't.

Last edited:
He probably doesn't get enough credit for this, but GSP was an incredibly cerebral fighter. More so than probably anyone. He thought the hell out of all his matchups with the help of his coaches and figured out where he could exploit weaknesses. If GSP's analysis of his opponent was correct, he had you beat before you stepped into the octagon because he had figured out your weaknesses and methods to exploit them. That was probably his biggest strength as a fighter, his cerebral, well-thought out approach as well as his ability to implement and stick to a gameplan.

The second Koscheck fight where he jabbed the shit out of him is probably my favorite fight of his because of how well he implemented his gameplan. The Fitch fight was pretty good too.

This could be seen in his approach to training as well, doing gymnastics and such, conditioning his body in ways that others weren't.

its not surprising when you listen to him talk. GSP was the king of preparation. Dude 100% read the art of war growing up.

Not only did he out wrestle him...
g3_medium.gif

He beat the fuck out of his eye so bad, Koshcheck was never the same...
giphy.gif

Georges-St.-Pierre-vs-Josh-Koscheck-2.gif

GSPKoscheck16_medium.gif

Kos+Eye.jpg

Kos probably had the best power double of any ww in his prime as well makes it all the more impressive imo

If that is the second fight... Men i remember GSP throwing like two right hands all night... His oponente was battered, defeated, blind from one eye... and still he didn't even try to take the guy out, jabbed all night, played safe until the end, ddidn't take no risks, didn't even care as usual for the crowd or make it count for the fans...
But somehow this dude that never risked to be great is loved by many, called goat, what a BORING ass fighter.

Pretty crazy

I would disagree with this. He was very very good. But there are better. Hendricks for one, or else he would've outwrestled him.

GSP was just extremely well rounded, good everywhere, and because of it, he had ability to dictate where the fight was in most matchups. He was able mix everything together and keep his opponent not knowing what he was going to do. If you want to get technical, he's probably one of the best examples of a "Mixed" Martial Artist, able to mix disciplines and transition seamlessly between grappling and striking.

Back