(GIF) GSP’s full riddum on display against Josh Koscheck

yeah. for sure.

Picture_11_display_image.png

Yeah cos everyone was so natty then. Whatever advantages PED’s gave GSP they also gave all the other fighters (cept that natty as fuck looking bj penn, wait a sec you must be a Penn fan).

Yeah cos everyone was so natty then. Whatever advantages PED’s gave GSP they also gave all the other fighters (cept that natty as fuck looking bj penn, wait a sec you must be a Penn fan).

no i agree with you, it was in fair game... but lets acknowledge it

People don't realize how close of a fight that was, had Josh landed that takedown and won the third round GSP would've lost 29-28 to Kos (2 judges had GSP losing the first round)

I would disagree with this. He was very very good. But there are better. Hendricks for one, or else he would've outwrestled him.

GSP was just extremely well rounded, good everywhere, and because of it, he had ability to dictate where the fight was in most matchups. He was able mix everything together and keep his opponent not knowing what he was going to do. If you want to get technical, he's probably one of the best examples of a "Mixed" Martial Artist, able to mix disciplines and transition seamlessly between grappling and striking.

Well guess who outwrestled Hendricks, Koscheck. GSP didn't outwrestle Hendricks but he fared much better against other wrestlers than Hendricks ever shown. I'd put him above Hendricks in MMA wrestling.

His explosiveness and athleticism before the ACL injury was sensational.

He probably doesn't get enough credit for this, but GSP was an incredibly cerebral fighter. More so than probably anyone. He thought the hell out of all his matchups with the help of his coaches and figured out where he could exploit weaknesses. If GSP's analysis of his opponent was correct, he had you beat before you stepped into the octagon because he had figured out your weaknesses and methods to exploit them. That was probably his biggest strength as a fighter, his cerebral, well-thought out approach as well as his ability to implement and stick to a gameplan.

The second Koscheck fight where he jabbed the shit out of him is probably my favorite fight of his because of how well he implemented his gameplan. The Fitch fight was pretty good too.

This could be seen in his approach to training as well, doing gymnastics and such, conditioning his body in ways that others weren't.
He was too nice. Not a true "fighter" at heart. Just a true martial artist. He could've put a beating on Kos eye and stopped their fight , couldve also caused life altering damage. Couldve also finished hardy but he would've had to snap his arm.

what's also crazy is everybody shits on karate but he says his kyokushin background is what gave him his distance management.

And body control and hip control and balance.

Yes, gsp was amazingly gifted with his ability to wrestle even tho he never wrestled prior to mma.

His only competition wrestling wise was a juiced up Hendricks who was a former multiple time NCAA champ and trained nothing but wrestling with the Oklahoma state team and they still came out about even in the grappling department for their fight.

One of the goats, he is number 1 in my list but he should be top 3 in everyone's list.

If that is the second fight... Men i remember GSP throwing like two right hands all night... His oponente was battered, defeated, blind from one eye... and still he didn't even try to take the guy out, jabbed all night, played safe until the end, ddidn't take no risks, didn't even care as usual for the crowd or make it count for the fans...
But somehow this dude that never risked to be great is loved by many, called goat, what a BORING ass fighter.

Perspective is a weird thing. I always looked at that fight as Georges repeatedly jabbing the shit out of Kos' broken orbital for 5 rounds as punishment for being such a dick on TUF and it really made more of a statement than any quick knockout could have. I can see it from your view, but I always looked at it differently.

Good performance
Kos was always an overrated chump though.

Kos is the best at motor-boating men's asses, especially George's ass.

gsp2.gif

gsp1.gif

Josh Kosheck was one of the most decorated amateur wrestlers in mma back in his prime and his explosion on his takedown shots was impressive as fuck.

Georges out wrestled Kos and secured both a single and a double leg takedown on him like the mad man he was.

GSP was a machine in his prime, he was more aggressive pre-serra but post Serra he truly elvolved into a machine.

GOATs imo

anderson-silva-gsp.jpg
What those gifs show is how much control he had over his body. The ability to shift weight and keep that center of gravity while in a goddamn exchange like that is unreal. You just could not learn that no matter how many years you trained.

I would disagree with this. He was very very good. But there are better. Hendricks for one, or else he would've outwrestled him.

GSP was just extremely well rounded, good everywhere, and because of it, he had ability to dictate where the fight was in most matchups. He was able mix everything together and keep his opponent not knowing what he was going to do. If you want to get technical, he's probably one of the best examples of a "Mixed" Martial Artist, able to mix disciplines and transition seamlessly between grappling and striking.
He fought Hendricks after the acl injury tho

What i saw that night was someone implementing a technique like no one had done before him.
Very true, but he was well rounded and that innovative jab open numerous doors for good follow ups...Yet he took none, this is sad, very sad for me... Had no interest i n any fight with him after that.

Perspective is a weird thing. I always looked at that fight as Georges repeatedly jabbing the shit out of Kos' broken orbital for 5 rounds as punishment for being such a dick on TUF and it really made more of a statement than any quick knockout could have. I can see it from your view, but I always looked at it differently.
If you are going with that narrative... He didn't try to end it at the end of the 4th nor the 5th, didn't try with five minutes left, neither with 10 seconds left. 5 round punishment with a beautiful cherry on the top of the cake if that is the narrative.

I've got to say though kos gets a beauty of a takedown on gsp in the first round of that fight, pure technique

Back