(GIF) GSP’s full riddum on display against Josh Koscheck

Fun facts about the first Koscheck fight:

This crazy takedown defense happened in round 3 where the fight could have gone either way, Koscheck getting the first round 2 judges to 1, the second was unanimously George's and when Koscheck gave his all on that do-or-die takedown, GSP prevailed.

Prior to the fight, GSP got a rise out of Koscheck by saying he thought he was a better wrestler than him, and he did have the better in grappling in the fight.

I would disagree with this. He was very very good. But there are better. Hendricks for one, or else he would've outwrestled him.

GSP was just extremely well rounded, good everywhere, and because of it, he had ability to dictate where the fight was in most matchups. He was able mix everything together and keep his opponent not knowing what he was going to do. If you want to get technical, he's probably one of the best examples of a "Mixed" Martial Artist, able to mix disciplines and transition seamlessly between grappling and striking.
I think Hendricks reached that level for a short while.. But fell off hard.

Gsp was there for years. And they were pretty equal that night wrestling

I think Hendricks reached that level for a short while.. But fell off hard.

Gsp was there for years. And they were pretty equal that night wrestling

No doubt. GSP is one of the best. But his wrestling shined most against strikers, where they were easily overmatched. He could hold his own against anyone, I'm not taking that away from him.

But if you want to get technical, I would say DC and Cain are probably the best wrestlers in MMA. I would put them one or two tiers above GSP in terms of wrestling ability in the cage, at least.

GSP is irrelevant these days.
Because selling nearly 900 000 PPVs is being irrelevant...

giphy.gif

I wish GSP got the chance to represent Canada in wrestling. Who knows what he could of done

If that is the second fight... Men i remember GSP throwing like two right hands all night... His oponente was battered, defeated, blind from one eye... and still he didn't even try to take the guy out, jabbed all night, played safe until the end, ddidn't take no risks, didn't even care as usual for the crowd or make it count for the fans...
But somehow this dude that never risked to be great is loved by many, called goat, what a BORING ass fighter.
Exactly. Fans hated Georges. You can see it in the lackluster PPV numbers and half empty arenas he fought in.

Kos was so damn one dimensional. If he couldn't take you down he'd just throw wild overhand rights all fight hoping one landed.

Exactly. Fans hated Georges. You can see it in the lackluster PPV numbers and half empty arenas he fought in.
He was liked i didn't dispute that, did i? i don't know why tough... I guess people like winners and canada only had him.... I would imagine a guy called Vovchanchyn would know what a fun fighter looks like, but maybe not.

I still remember the interview. Kos was laughing at the idea that a karate guy would outwrestle him.

Because selling nearly 900 000 PPVs is being irrelevant...

giphy.gif
He beat a scrub, big deal. He'd get worked aga against top, relevant, young fighters. Which is why hes trying to pick and choose his fights.

He beat a scrub, big deal. He'd get worked aga against top, relevant, young fighters. Which is why hes trying to pick and choose his fights.
A scrub lmao.

More like a top 10 MW who also was the MW champion.

Irrelevant means that no one cares. And if you sell 900 000 PPVs you're definitely not irrelevant.

If that is the second fight... Men i remember GSP throwing like two right hands all night... His oponente was battered, defeated, blind from one eye... and still he didn't even try to take the guy out, jabbed all night, played safe until the end, ddidn't take no risks, didn't even care as usual for the crowd or make it count for the fans...
But somehow this dude that never risked to be great is loved by many, called goat, what a BORING ass fighter.
What i saw that night was someone implementing a technique like no one had done before him.

You dont become the goat by taking risks and getting knocked the fuck out or put in position to be subbed again and again and again. It’s all about the w’s. Plus GSP for me was amazing to watch. I love seeing greatness. What makes GSP the goat was how he dominated wether it was 1 round or 5. The dude lost very few rounds in his career which almost no one can say.

gsp2.gif

gsp1.gif

Josh Kosheck was one of the most decorated amateur wrestlers in mma back in his prime and his explosion on his takedown shots was impressive as fuck.

Georges out wrestled Kos and secured both a single and a double leg takedown on him like the mad man he was.

GSP was a machine in his prime, he was more aggressive pre-serra but post Serra he truly elvolved into a machine.

GOATs imo

anderson-silva-gsp.jpg
Conor's athleticism by comparison is a 5.5

Back