Media Eugene Bareman Says "Got Call From UFC For DDP, Israel Adesanya READY To Fight At UFC 300" Also Confirms "Israel is IN Camp"

Izzy needs to fight DDP. It's the only fight that makes sense. Sean beat Izzy definitively and a run back isn't really necessary. As for Alex vs Izzy, Alex should stay at 205 and focus on defending a couple of times. They should only fight again if Izzy gets the belt back and they do a champ champ fight.
Izzy is 1-2 in his last 3, it actually doesn't make sense aside from his history with DDP

To headline 300 it HAS to be a title fight. So Dricus, and Alex are the only fighters that fit the bill.

It would be pretty damn good if they got either. Except Izzy not deserving to fight Alex.

It has to be Alex, Strickland, DDP, or Izzy. Any combination

Izzy/Alex 3 would be kind of weird from a serious sport perspective, but fuck it, its a fight people wanna see and that would sell at the end of the day.

Should have been nate/conor 3. If it is izzy hopefully we get to see him flop again

Nah, Izzy not fighting at 300.
Eugene just keepin' Izzys name out in public.

-Update-
It seems the call from UFC was FOR DDP.

That appears to be the most likely main event now, which we will find out TODAY!

Izzy vs DDP for the middleweight strap
Leon vs Belal for WW strap

4 title fights, (3 technically)
But it will be promoted as that, first ever in ufc history blah blah blah

Could definitely justify as one of the best cards ever now.

It’s definitely Izzy vs ddp

I’d be shocked if they scrapped the plan for Alex to fight at 301, especially since there is no viable contender available contender for Pantoja to headline against

Izzy is 1-2 in his last 3, it actually doesn't make sense aside from his history with DDP
I meant that it makes sense because Izzy has fought literally everyone but DDP and I doubt anyone wants to see Izzy rematch the same top 5 guys again for the 2nd and 3rd time or fight Strickland again after he performed last time against him. I know fighters have off days (Izzy) but their styles coming together don't really make for an exciting fight as we saw the first time.

It's UFC 300 and Izzy is the biggest thing in MMA the last 5 years so I say it would be ok for the sake of this event.

I can't think of a better main event off the top of my head. Especially with the Muslims not fighting due to ramadan.

It's UFC 300 and Izzy is the biggest thing in MMA the last 5 years so I say it would be ok for the sake of this event.

I can't think of a better main event off the top of my head. Especially with the Muslims not fighting due to ramadan.
I suppose I was interpreting 'makes sense' a bit stringently. It makes sense in every way outside of meritocracy as you basically outlined.

I'm fine with it for sure

Izzy vs DDP is not a main event for a card like 300...sure for any other PPV its good but for this? I personally have no interest in that fight period. Alex vs Izzy 5 is a far better fight if that is what we are getting...I will feel ripped off if the super/mega fight they have been hiding is fucking DDP vs Izzy.

Back