Does dana even like volk?

Dana is a tuf noob. Give him some time and he will start to like Alex.

At the end he is gonna love him !
If Volk continues like this,
is gonna be one of the GOATS !

Dana :
I love this kid , you know, look at how much he has accomplished ... !

You guys are always projecting weird motives and justifying them in silly ways. You know how many champs Dana has seen come and go? How many times his fan favorite has lost? It’s old hat for him. He probably barely gives it a thought
Totally this, his not losing sleep over Volk still being champion. Its just another day at the office

He doesn’t like Usman, doesn’t like Khabib, didn’t like Randy Couture, or Chael, or Tito, or Oscar De La Hoha, and that’s just off the top of my head, pretty sure he didn’t like GSP to be honest either but he does seek to help build some of his fighters and puts them on if they take a chance or impress him. He still will do business. Unless your Paul Daley, seems like Dana doesn’t like a lot of people.

Dana loves Usman. Always gushing about him

I straight up don't get the dislike for volk
He always brings it, and is a likeable person
He clearly beat max both times (watch the second fight on mute, it's a clear 3-2 volkanoski win) and beat the shit out of Ortega similar to the max Ortega beat down
The UFC is gonna UFC though and push and cheerlead whatever fighter they think will sell with certain demographics and countries. It's always blatant. Unfortunately for them, max nor Ortega are ever going to beat him

Com-on, I like volk he fought like a beast of a man yesterday and deserves all the praise as a worthy champion, but there is no way he won the second fight against holloway. He lost that fight 49-46. Regardless, those 2 will definitely run it back

Com-on, I like volk he fought like a beast of a man yesterday and deserves all the praise as a worthy champion, but there is no way he won the second fight against holloway. He lost that fight 49-46. Regardless, those 2 will definitely run it back
Watch it again on mute hombre not a chance

Watch it again on mute hombre not a chance

i watched the fight a few times now and holloway threw and landed more shots. Also he didn’t take much damage at all and the takedowns volk landed max got up right away

I mean, it would help if you elaborated? Congrats?
They put on a good event that helps the franchise going forward. It was a good night of fights and probably sold pretty well (relatively speaking).

I don't think it's a personal dislike but he certainly has business preferences for some.

Ortega is a tall good looking kid from California- a huge market.

Volk is a weird looking little guy from a smaller market.

And yes the UFC would love the sport to be big in Australia- but you don't want a lot pf persistent champs from small markets. That's costing you viewers. Over time that adds up to a lot of money lost on what should be your BIGGEST fights that you want the most eyes on.

One champ from a smaller market to hype that market up or who win occasionally is enough. When your champs are from USA, or Britain or China you draw more eyes= more money, simple as that. He already has Izzy & Tuivasa doing good repping the region. As a business you don't want to major in the minors...

Ireland and Mexico would also be favoured simply because massive amount of Americans still associate themselves with those places & turn out support- St Patricks day. The Irish used to joke about how many Americans claim to be Irish when I lived there.

I'm sure Dana will start to warm up now that Volk has a lot of fan buzz. He's pragmatic. He likes guys who give him wars & generate buzz. Volk is now giving him that and is starting to become more vocal in the interviews and media as well. That helps.
I get where you're coming from but using Tuivasa instead of say a Whittaker when discussing the region was an odd af choice, Tuivasa's a fun brawler who does shoey's after he wins but he's a long way from title contention even in the UFC HW ranks.

The UFC rolls on regardless of stars and outcomes, but are you really going to argue that the UFC was expecting and prepared for Amanda Nunes to beat Rousey? Because it sure didn't look like it, especially at the WME level.
Of course they were prepared for nunes to beat rousey. Why wouldn’t they be? Nunes was like +145. You think they had no possible idea she would win? C’mon….

Dana probably sees the Aus/Nz market as one and it’s covered by Izzy, or even Rob as champ. Aus seems like a big market for the UFC they’ve put on some big cards there
Paid dividends too, pretty sure the Ronda Holm fight in Melbourne still remains the UFC's record attendance at an event.

The card was trash minus the submission escapes
Not surprised Dana left
giphy.gif

You didn't watch the card did you?

Of course they were prepared for nunes to beat rousey. Why wouldn’t they be? Nunes was like +145. You think they had no possible idea she would win? C’mon….
Ah yes, that explains Ronda doing no PR and Nunes being buried in the runup, thus not getting much shine from her win. I'm sure the UFC was aware of the possibility. WME, who coincidentally repped Ronda and had to have been pushing for the fight? Not so much I'd bet.

Either that or the UFC just shit the bed promotionally with Nunes.

Like that Sopranos episode where the City Councilman felt bad about kicking the homeless out of the house, and Tony told him fine, the money not made from stripping the copper pipe comes out of his end. Yea, I’m excited for the movie.
This was awesome lol, know exactly which episode you're referring to

Back