Does dana even like volk?

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After Volk beat Max the first time Dana had his classic sad face on that he does when the guy he wants to win loses.

When Volk beat Max again Dana had the sad face and then went to the press conference and said he thought Volk lost, throwing his champ under the bus after a toss up fight.

Last night he didn't even show up to the press conference and hasnt said anything about the fight.

It's clear to me Dana aint really feeling Volk. I think he prefers his son Max to be champ.

But maybe DWs attitude will change once he starts seeing how fans are warming up to volk after that performance

Last edited:
He should hopefully be more marketable after that performance. His problem was that since the Mendes fight he's been cautious and a bit boring which is hard to market. A just bleed performance like that will change views on him.

I’ve never seen any compelling evidence that Dana wastes any emotional energy on who wins and who doesn’t. Whoever wins, he just tries to maximize profit on the next fight.

That included the “evidence” in this OP.

Like that Sopranos episode where the City Councilman felt bad about kicking the homeless out of the house, and Tony told him fine, the money not made from stripping the copper pipe comes out of his end. Yea, I’m excited for the movie.

He enjoys a good scrap though. That is clear.

I honestly think Dana is completely indifferent on who wins and loses. I can’t imagine after doing this for 25 years that he is personally invested in the outcomes. I think all of this is just routine for him. After the fight he writes some notes and gets prepared for next meeting

I straight up don't get the dislike for volk
He always brings it, and is a likeable person
He clearly beat max both times (watch the second fight on mute, it's a clear 3-2 volkanoski win) and beat the shit out of Ortega similar to the max Ortega beat down
The UFC is gonna UFC though and push and cheerlead whatever fighter they think will sell with certain demographics and countries. It's always blatant. Unfortunately for them, max nor Ortega are ever going to beat him

I honestly think Dana is completely indifferent on who wins and loses. I can’t imagine after doing this for 25 years that he is personally invested in the outcomes. I think all of this is just routine for him. After the fight he writes some notes and gets prepared for next meeting
If you don't think he at least roots for the fighters he thinks will bring in the most money you're high
He's gotta get that snow in the driveway money and Ben and Jerry's money somehow

He's gotta like the Attention the Fight brought and well that's lotta Volk.

They wanted Ortega to win, bigger market for promotion and he's more marketable. But Volk is legit and wants to challenge 155 champ. I think that's why Volk is also speaking out more and being more opinionated, he's starting to realize he needs to be so he isn't overlooked and for him to get the respect he deserves.

Reactions: OGL
I’ve never seen any compelling evidence that Dana wastes any emotional energy on who wins and who doesn’t. Whoever wins, he just tries to maximize profit on the next fight.

That included the “evidence” in this OP.

Like that Sopranos episode where the City Councilman felt bad about kicking the homeless out of the house, and Tony told him fine, the money not made from stripping the copper pipe comes out of his end. Yea, I’m excited for the movie.

He enjoys a good scrap though. That is clear.
They have clear favorites before hand, because they already know who is more marketable prior to the match ups. They work on marketing whoever wins but they do have favorites and people they want to win because they are more marketable. It's pretty clear who they favor, those fighters get more attention and marketing before the fight. Like what happened with Chandler and Oliviera, it was clear they wanted Chandler to win, and with this fight they wanted Ortega to win.

They have clear favorites before hand, because they already know who is more marketable prior to the match ups. They work on marketing whoever wins but they do have favorites and people they want to win because they are more marketable. It's pretty clear who they favor, those fighters get more attention and marketing before the fight. Like what happened with Chandler and Oliviera, it was clear they wanted Chandler to win, and with this fight they wanted Ortega to win.
That argument actually strengthens mine. Maximizing profit regardless.

They’re giving fans what they want, to increase sales.

Cheers.

I mean, it's not exactly surprising is it? Volk is an ugly little manlet with the charisma of a chair.

Plus his fighting style against Max was putrid and he stunk it out a bit for the wins.

Yesterday's fight was excellent though, and he did show championship level heart and grit. A couple more fights like those and he may become more marketable.

Back