Does dana even like volk?

In the past, with Dana being upset, it is always about his expectations. So someones performance, failed future events, and someone he does not like winning the fight. Usually, it is more about losing money for the UFC.

Volk put on a pretty obvious point fighting plan against Aldo and Max X2. Very measured, would make moves to score points without taking risks, and did a lot of dancing.

Dana doesn't particularly like that is my thinking.

Volk on the way up was a lot more aggressive. I think Volk got the memo though, he was a lot less risk averse against Ortega and fought like he wanted to get him out of there, he just wasn't able to get it done, but he was trying his hardest.

I think he skipped the press conference because he didn't want to shit on Nick Diaz more than anything regarding the main event.

I honestly think Dana is completely indifferent on who wins and loses. I can’t imagine after doing this for 25 years that he is personally invested in the outcomes. I think all of this is just routine for him. After the fight he writes some notes and gets prepared for next meeting
Maybe there isn't a personal beef he has, but he absolutely does prefer some fighters and likes some fighters better than others, if only from a financial perspective. Dana plays with big money and when a fighter becomes high profile while being difficult/demanding in negotiations (deservedly or otherwise) he resents them as would be expected in most businesses. Similarly he resents them if he doesn't think they're doing enough to make him the big bucks (he resented Aldo for not bothering to learn English, as an example). I don't know about the specific example of Volkanovski, but even if Dana doesn't dislike volk personally he doesn't want him to be champion, there are many more marketable fighters.

After Volk beat Max the first time Dana had his classic sad face on when the guy he wants to win loses.

When Volk beat Max again Dana had the sad face and then went to the press conference and said he thought Volk lost, throwing his champ under the bus after a toss up fight.

Last night he didn't even show up to the press conference and hasnt said anything about the fight.

It's clear to me Dana aint ally feeling Volk. I think he prefers his son Max to be champ.

But maybe DWs attitude will change once he starts seeing how fans are warming up to volk after that performance
Ortega is american/mexican dude weed dude so he would generate much more money than Volk. Dana wants Australian market but Volk seems not doing it justice.

Max Holloway - cool guy, very chilled vibes but can snd does fight his ass off with that Hawaii never say die style

Ortega - looks great would be a good look on talk shows

Volkytghjutrghggtrfdgski - can’t say his name, 5’2 Manlet with a 6’4 Stipe head with no charisma meaning he is probably a genuine humble guy not worth putting money behind

I honestly think Dana is completely indifferent on who wins and loses. I can’t imagine after doing this for 25 years that he is personally invested in the outcomes. I think all of this is just routine for him. After the fight he writes some notes and gets prepared for next meeting
Completely disagree. It’s only human to root for someone or some team.
He 100% has favorites, and Volk is NOT one of them.

Dana doesn't want a mini-me running around

Dana doesn't like anything that does not have a dollar sign printed on it.He might change his mind if Volk proves to be more popular.

It's super obvious Dana, being a degernate gambler, bets on all the title fights and then he's giga-butthurt when he loses money on it and holds it against the person who won. He clearly had money on Ortega, and was mad to the point that he didn't even show at the press conference.

After Volk beat Max the first time Dana had his classic sad face on when the guy he wants to win loses.

When Volk beat Max again Dana had the sad face and then went to the press conference and said he thought Volk lost, throwing his champ under the bus after a toss up fight.

Last night he didn't even show up to the press conference and hasnt said anything about the fight.

It's clear to me Dana aint ally feeling Volk. I think he prefers his son Max to be champ.

But maybe DWs attitude will change once he starts seeing how fans are warming up to volk after that performance
Nobody like Volk....Volk's mother had to tie a pork chop around his neck just to get the dog to play with him as a kid......Volk doesn't even like Volk.......and for the record...he lost to Max in the rematch.

He should after Saturday. Beast performance and he's got heaps of personality per the interview and presser. He made a much bigger fan of me

They haven't even tried marketing him. He was good on Joe Rogans podcast in a meathead Aussie kind of way .

even if they try. Volk is good and honest man he wont do fake beefs to sell his fights or run over pregnant ladies
to remain in the media circle.
you gotta be a scumbag or absurdly charismatic to go far in this sport.

You guys are always projecting weird motives and justifying them in silly ways. You know how many champs Dana has seen come and go? How many times his fan favorite has lost? It’s old hat for him. He probably barely gives it a thought

He doesn’t like Usman, doesn’t like Khabib, didn’t like Randy Couture, or Chael, or Tito, or Oscar De La Hoha, and that’s just off the top of my head, pretty sure he didn’t like GSP to be honest either but he does seek to help build some of his fighters and puts them on if they take a chance or impress him. He still will do business. Unless your Paul Daley, seems like Dana doesn’t like a lot of people.

Dana probably sees the Aus/Nz market as one and it’s covered by Izzy, or even Rob as champ. Aus seems like a big market for the UFC they’ve put on some big cards there

He's a promoter, he has favorites, just like anyone else in his trade. Stipe/Ngannou 1 and Woodley/Till being pretty clear examples where he didn't seem happy with the result.

I don't think he ever show personal like or dislike for any of the fighters, but for their relation with the business itself, and for how much they benefit or not the company.
Lol, have you ever followed this sport. Gray Maynard was told by Joe Silva back in the day to break Roger Huerta's arm in a squash match just because Huerta pissed off the UFC. Do you think Dana had nothing to do with that?

Or the time that Lyoto Machida was paid 6 figures in a bonus for finishing Tito Ortiz?

Back