Does dana even like volk?

Ya Chris' journey went full circle, didn't it? heh.

The funny thing about that show is that practically every character is a horrible person. I really didn't care whether any of them lived or died until the final season or so, when I was just sort of obsessed with watching it and just very invested in the continuity of the storyline (I was a bit mortified when Sal got taken out).

Yeah, not like a basic talent agency role and task is providing one sheets to execs so they can at least feign knowledge. Yup, really hard to learn who a fighter headlining one of your first blockbuster cards is.
they weren't the ufc's talent agency. the ufc was purchased as a strategic business / asset, not to integrate with the talent agency. again, your insistence not recognizing nunes meant that wme "execs" thought she would lose or that those "execs" had a big direct involvement in the event is nonsense.

The funny thing about that show is that practically every character is a horrible person. I really didn't care whether any of them lived or died until the final season or so, when I was just sort of obsessed with watching it and just very invested in the continuity of the storyline (I was a bit mortified when Sal got taken out).
Right. It’s a hero’s journey story, but unlike most hero journey stories that end with moral growth, it was not about morality or growth, but about yielding power. How could you respect any of their morals - they had so few, and it was beside the point.

For example, Carmela understood how to yield power with whatever tools she had, more than most of us. She’s a little good and a little bad, but that’s not the point - the point was how she leveraged what she had when she had to.

Unlike, say, Breaking Bad (another hero’s journey) which really is about losing ones moral compass. That scene where Jane dies? Holy shit.

And The Wire wasn’t a hero’s journey at all. But equally awesome.

And there’s my thesis on the 3 best shows on TV, ever :) enjoy the movie, sir.

Last edited:
Yeah I was surprised that he didn’t show up. I don’t recall the last time Dana missed a post-fight press conference.

Volk seems like a good, compassionate human being who cares for others...so I'm guessing Dana despises him.

Jarl

Back