Diego Lopes is the man to defeat Topuria

diego lopes gets washed in first round, he doesn't even have the punchers chance
all of sudden people think he's at the level of a champion ? he's not quarter of a fighter that volkanovski are holloway are
at best top 5 gatekeeper
I agree, but you should still try and proof read.

Lopes might have squeaked it out against Volk, but Topuria is just the guy right now. Bad matchup unless Lopes standup drastically improves.

I would expect Topuria to use his grappling against Yair. If Ilia decided to just stand with Yair, it could go Yair's way. I could see Yair's kicking game giving Ilia trouble. If Ilia mixes in takedowns and grappling, I would expect it to Ilia to win pretty easily.

Oh I don't disagree that Topuria should win it easily, I just mean that it's going to take someone like Yair who has quick kicks and can pull a jumping knee out of nowhere to beat him. As an example, I think Yair has a much better chance than say an Evloev or an Allen, even though the latter are probably better fighters

As a Max fan I knew Topuria’s boxing will be too much for him. To fight Topuria, you need to be relentless and fearless to stand and exchange with him. Max wasn’t that in their match.

Diego will be the guy to defeat Ilia by heart
Nah
He’s a flash in the pan
Takes way too many shots, every fight he gets rocked
He’s just tough that’s all

Lopes has big power just like Topuria does. Seems to me it would just be one of those fights where whoever lands clean and flush first wins the fight.

I really like his chances tbh. His Jitsu is so lethal he doesn’t have to worry a damn about any grappling Ilia has to offer. His chin has held up nicely under some big firefights and he has big punching power of his own. I can see him trading hooks and landing an uppercut to set off a club and sub sequence.
I would not be shocked to see Diego meet him in the middle and indulge Ilia in the phone booth right out of the gates. Ilia is also prone to swinging full rotation on his hooks which Lopes could capitalize on. One overcommitted big hook and Lopes could take that back.

I agree, but you should still try and proof read.
i could talk in orcish and make you read it
when non english speaking fighters speak broken english mma fans are the first to suck their dick and tell the world how cute they sound with that broken english but as soon as someone online whom english isn't their first language speaks they suddenly think they are enlightened to tell people what they should do, how about getting some bitches instead of posting ass takes here all day ?

Current Lopes didn't have anything for Topuria, he will got ktfo in the first round. The guy who can knock out Max of course the power is on a another level.

Ilia could knock him out on the feet pretty easily too imo.
He looked rough as his fight with Ige progressed, like he was avoiding this (from Age, let alone Topuria!). Sadly, IMO.

Also, sadly, IMO, the only man to beat Topuria is as below:

<thisgonbegood>

I think Lopes and Yair have a better chance at beating Topuria than Belal does

A bit of an obvious question, but can Lopes keep his hands up when Topuria is throwing those haymakers?

The straight punches will send fighters back but the haymakers provide the devastating KOs, victims include Jai Herbert, Volk, and now Max, and only because they got caught having their hands down during exchanges.

Did you see Diego's face when they zoomed in during the broadcast, right after the KO?

He looked intimidated (not saying he is intimidated) - just saying, he had that look of astonishment and fear.
xIvVzDj.gif

In the same way that Ilia was supposedly looking terrified after Max ko'd Gaethje?

Back