After watching lots of Boxing and Kickboxing, MMA feels too slow paced

I like the art of Muay Thai but I dont like the rules of the sport that much tbh

What about the rules do you not like? It's the preferred striking art for a lot of people specifically because it has quite an open ruleset among striking arts, punching, elbows, kicking, knees, clinching all allowed.

More or less the same for me, even though I have to say that I hate when an mma fight turns into a bad kickboxing one, like Petrosyan vs Shara.
I’m with you there. I’ve caught most of the major boxing fights still but 20 years of MMA watching makes it hard for me to enjoy a shit ton of rounds and all the damn clinching.

I don’t even hate the grappling if it’s not boring. Guys like Khamzat or even Khabib to me are very exciting grapplers. Islam has been in fun fights too. There’s a few boring crotch sniffers like Mosvar or Merab but I think the overall MMA average product is way better than boxing.

Its really up to the individual to make a combat sport exciting, or better so, a pair of individuals

I like the art of Muay Thai but I dont like the rules of the sport that much tbh
I don't like the rules of any sport tbh but feel Muay Thai work better when they use MMA gloves instead.
I like that change!

It is lower volume than boxing and kickboxing, but a much higher ratio of the action in MMA tends to be consequential to the overall outlook of the fight (damage, people getting rocked, serious fight ending danger etc) than boxing, and obviously its a much more dynamic and unpredictable form of combat too. A lot of boxing matches can be insanely boring if you arent invested in the fighters and it isnt good fight, because of how long the fights can drag on for.

Kickboxing is pretty great as a ruleset though. Alongside One FCs style of Muay Thai its probably the best ruleset in terms of encouraging action, and its also a good middle ground in terms of being more dynamic and varied than boxing but still staying fairly crisp and high volume and refined compared to MMA which is a chaotic sloppy mess a lot of the time.

What about the rules do you not like? It's the preferred striking art for a lot of people specifically because it has quite an open ruleset among striking arts, punching, elbows, kicking, knees, clinching all allowed.

I think more traditional Muay Thai gets bogged down in the cultural etiquette aspects of it (starting slow for the first few rounds etc) but when you strip that away, like One FC does, and just go all out with the techniques, its glorious violence. Absolute peak of combat sports.

I think more traditional Muay Thai gets bogged down in the cultural etiquette aspects of it (starting slow for the first few rounds etc) but when you strip that away, like One FC does, and just go all out with the techniques, its glorious violence. Absolute peak of combat sports.
ONE's ruleset makes MT more like kickboxing with elbows. They even give them MMA gloves but they take away the most fun part of the clinch. They can do so much more if they aren't using the gloves. You can show MMA viewers that clinch fighting against the cage can be very dangerous. They just break the clinch almost immediately. Some guys just raise their arms and the ref will break it for them.

They also discourage dumps and sweeps. Some fighters still do it but I don't think it scores as per their rules.

Really disagree with that. If anything, make the rounds longer. The original idea was to get as close to a real fight as possible. Real fights can be slow paced and grinding. It was supposed to be different from boxing and kickboxing, instead it's gotten more similar over the years.

Seems like a lot of people want MMA to be kickboxing with MMA gloves and the occasional takedown that gets stood up by the ref after 10 seconds. Fuck that.

I enjoy MMA more than strictly stand up dimensions and I prefer the 5 minute rounds as well. It gives grapplers time to work and is more realistic of a fight than strictly stand-up.

Really disagree with that. If anything, make the rounds longer. The original idea was to get as close to a real fight as possible. Real fights can be slow paced and grinding. It was supposed to be different from boxing and kickboxing, instead it's gotten more similar over the years.

Seems like a lot of people want MMA to be kickboxing with MMA gloves and the occasional takedown that gets stood up by the ref after 10 seconds. Fuck that.

I'd like it if it was a single 15 minute round for regular fights and a single 30 minute round for title fights. It would probably make things less action packed (as fighters would gas out harder) but the finish rate would be much, much higher and it would just make MMA feel a lot more distinctive. A lot of people wouldnt like it, but I think grappling would start becoming way more emphasised again in that situation too.

Love all combat sports. Don’t think it drags in mma if anything I’d rather see the first found being ten minutes.

well-bye-later.gif

Amateur MMA is 3x3 if you want to try watching it

Man... what..

Sometimes it takes these fools 10 mins just to get into the ring and introduced in boxing...

Also MMA is only 3 or 5 rounds.... boxing can be 12...

3 minute rounds dont work for MMA...alot of people cry already about ground control time..imagine 3 minute rounds lol ...Sterling could win fights off peoples backs and never get hit 30-26 sterling...LOL...

Guys need time to work in MMA its the most complex and sophisticated combat sport...

Back