Did you like the yellow canvas at UFC 200?

I didnt like it, felt like king of the cage or some other org, and with champs? wearing yellow they blended in a bit. No problem with colour changes the yelllow just didn't do it for me.

It looked fucking awful. If you have to color the cage it should be blue like the WEC. The yellow was so obnoxiously bright and distracting it gave Me a headache to stare at after a while.

it hurt my eyes. maybe it would have looked better if i had a higher quality stream

Actually I thought yellow causes depression.
It might...but yellow along with red is known to cause hunger, that's why most fast food places use those.

Just looked it up, the "stimulates mental activity and generates muscle energy" is probably a byproduct of the melatonin suppression...interesting stuff

image.jpeg

Considering the budget of the event I think they could have done something much cooler, but I do like that they changed it. I like blank canvas white. Otherwise for "gold" they could have done a metallic looking gold. I dig the idea of shaking up their aesthetics a bit and being more creative with it. There's a lot more they could do than changing the color of the octagon.

Personally I actually liked it a lot more than the usual grey canvas. I think they should try out some different colours for the canvas in the future.

UFC200_Octagon_Yellow.0.0.jpg
It wasn't easy on the eyes. Had to put my BluBlockers on!

Reminded of those videos you see on YouTube when you're looking up fights like, "_____ first career loss" and see a well known fighter fighting for some unknown local promotion where the quality of the video is in like 240p.

I was cool with it since it was a big event. Don't want it as the norm. But if they did that for really big events I wouldn't mind it.

Loved it. Should be different colors all the time

I thought it looked atrocious. Would have been better to keep the grey background and then outline with gols or yellow.

It was not bad. Wasn't there a poll about this?

Nah, looked like a cheap Cage Rage-ish type event. Kind of detracted from the fights a little imo.

Looked like Rage in the Cage, or whichever one always used that yellow.

I thought it looked crap, I could see what they were going for but it was a definite swing and a miss.

It would look ok if the canvas wasn't littered with all those logos, which contrast poorly with the yellow. UFC needs to find a better way to get money from these sponsors, instead of plastering it on the canvas. Just have one logo at the center if anything.

Personally I actually liked it a lot more than the usual grey canvas. I think they should try out some different colours for the canvas in the future.

UFC200_Octagon_Yellow.0.0.jpg

I like it , white is iconic but yellow would be cool for special events

IE Conor, Brook, Jon Jones

Too strong colors looks trashy

Sand light beige will work well, it did for the romans lol
s-l300.jpg

Back