Did you like the yellow canvas at UFC 200?

didn't like it. it was hard to distinguish the asian fighters

When I saw first I thought f..k is this Cage Rage lol
maxresdefault.jpg

I hated it when the event first started, but it grew on me as the evening wore on.

Personally I actually liked it a lot more than the usual grey canvas. I think they should try out some different colours for the canvas in the future.

UFC200_Octagon_Yellow.0.0.jpg
thats probably sign that ufc soon will be in chinese hands :>>

Reminded me of King of the Cage.
Exactly, THIS. It looked exactly like the old King of the Cage mats, I personally been to a few events live back in 1999 - 2002, seems they just copied that.

I watching the fights not the canvas

Should be white. #PrideFC

Yeaaah! White would be my choice as well. :)

Also, cream white or very light beige rather? That's like an old tatami, which is beautiful. They used this on the second day of RIZIN NYE event.

503034476-fedor-emelianenko-of-russia-punches-singh-gettyimages.jpg

Looked like a snuff movie

I didn't like it at all. I thought I tuned in to some local MMA show or something. I like the white/greyish one more.

Thought it was decent. But I prefer grey

Personally I actually liked it a lot more than the usual grey canvas. I think they should try out some different colours for the canvas in the future.

UFC200_Octagon_Yellow.0.0.jpg
yes and Puke has a nice fragrance as well

Nobody likes that much change. It honestly looked like one of the small time international leagues. The brightness stood out too much, the colors should be subtle as to not take attention from what's actually going on in the cage.

Yellow is typically supposed to suppress melatonin and create a more energetic atmosphere...clearly it didn't work like it's supposed to.

Actually I thought yellow causes depression.

Ya'll ppl don't understand, the Yellow was for us colorblind folk!

It helped to finally contrast the fighters and we can see who was actually fighting by their trunk color, instead of hoping it's a white guy vs. black guy for ease of viewing.

Serious! you regular eye'd ppl, these problems you will not encounter, you weren't sad b/c at least with Jones v. DC2, it was 2 black guys (VERY PROBLEMATIC) but at least it was a really really really fat black guy and a really really really tall black guy!

Hunt v. Lesner, Tiny rotund ethnic dude, vs. tall fucking bleach white skyscraper viking! YES!

It's however stupid to let Brazillians wear Brazil colors now tho, too much yellow, their ass literally faded into the ring.

Back