Did you like the yellow canvas at UFC 200?

MiroHa

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Personally I actually liked it a lot more than the usual grey canvas. I think they should try out some different colours for the canvas in the future.

UFC200_Octagon_Yellow.0.0.jpg

Yellow canvas is ok but just not on days than end with a Y

Didn't like it. I know they had the whole black and gold theme but a black canvas and gold posts around the cage would have been cooler.

Looked terrible but def enhanced the "special event" feel because it was so notably different. I'd be down for it to keep changing

It seems that I'm in the minority when it comes to this. To me that plain grey-ish canvas just isn't as visually appealing as the one they used for 200.

"Black and yellow black and yellow" Plus it always looked good on Silva.

I liked it. I feel like it made the fighters (with their newly-colored shorts) pop out and look more vibrant with the color contrast. The normal gray canvas looks suddenly very drab in comparison - like something out of Shark Fights with their terrible lighting.

It's only good when anderson silva fights. Feels like his cage rage days

Maybe something in the middle or an alternative. Gold was fine, but it looked like old KOTC, ROTR or Brazil Vale Tudo. Nothing wrong with that, but needs to look original for the UFC, imo. While Grey as a color is just boring. Like you said would be cool if they tried out different styles to see what looks best.

I didn't like it. It made me feel like I was watching King of the Cage or something,

Back