PPV Event Presentation

ComeChooDaddy

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
The UFC’s presentation is essentially the same as it was 15 years ago. Same canvas color, arena lighting, camera angles on TV, etc. What would be your ideal presentation in an event?

I’d like to see the canvas have a warmer color. The current gray is too cool imo. I think having a yellow canvas like in 200 compared to a white one in Pride causes a significant energetic difference. I wouldn’t want to see crazy colors like green and purple but definitely all neutral colors should be considered.

Look at how ONE has their arena lighting. It’s almost perfect. From a business perspective, the UFC wants their fans as hype as possible and darkening the arena wouldn’t help, but it would be nice. There would be less booing and Americans would act more respectful like the Japanese, I guarantee it.

They need to cut promos like this again. No over-the-top, trash-talk crazy shit. This was the Golden Age right here. Watch a promo a few years before this and it was so cheesy. This intro will live on 100 years from now. Half of these threads on here are gossiping about drama while the TS spends their time watching literal UFC drama videos on YouTube.

The UFC’s presentation is essentially the same as it was 15 years ago. Same canvas color, arena lighting, camera angles on TV, etc. What would be your ideal presentation in an event?

I’d like to see the canvas have a warmer color. The current gray is too cool imo. I think having a yellow canvas like in 200 compared to a white one in Pride causes a significant energetic difference. I wouldn’t want to see crazy colors like green and purple but definitely all neutral colors should be considered.

Look at how ONE has their arena lighting. It’s almost perfect. From a business perspective, the UFC wants their fans as hype as possible and darkening the arena wouldn’t help, but it would be nice. There would be less booing and Americans would act more respectful like the Japanese, I guarantee it.

They need to cut promos like this again. No over-the-top, trash-talk crazy shit. This was the Golden Age right here. Watch a promo a few years before this and it was so cheesy. This intro will live on 100 years from now. Half of these threads on here are gossiping about drama while the TS spends their time watching literal UFC drama videos on YouTube.

Bring back the robots

o9XfBjy.gif

They switched cameras not too long ago that are sharper and have a lower focal point putting fighters in focus, you really notice it on walk outs.
I want to see the use of silent rotocopter drones with an 8k camera slowly circling the fight, would make slow motion replays of knockouts from most perceivable angles possible. Add a sudden-drop sensor parachute for fighter safety in case of accidents/malfunctions.
8 drones, one on each side of the octagon, responsible for a octant of footage, would make a step up in production that looks 100 times more expensive than it actually is.
Instead of this, Dana is focusing on the gimmick sphere for a one time show instead of overall improvement. Too many Gen X/Boomers involved at the top for real aesthetic change I'm afraid.
Biggest issue is drone battery time, but I assume that high quality video production ones have longer lifes and could be switched in and out between fights since theres already an increasing amojnt of dead air thats used up by commercials for pharma companies.

Back