Did you like the yellow canvas at UFC 200?

The mat isn't supposed to be there to draw attention. Grey is perfect in this sense as it is as ignorable as the color of the sidewalk.

It was ok but it would have been better if it was just yellow and black. The bright green monster energy drink logo put it over the top for me. I like variety though, so I hope they try some new things under the new owners.

Putting gold on something to make it look prestigious just makes it look tacky and a small league move.

UFC has the best fighters, they don't need to gussy up the canvas

I liked it for about 5 minutes. Then it became a little distracting. I prefer the original style. Maybe there are colours that would work better, but that yellow is not one of them.

Looked straight up awful. No one that was watching the event with me liked it.

Furthermore, if they do this again or start using different colours each event then the fighter's highlight reels will look retarded.

No, I would prefer a clean white cage and mat. I also hate the advertising on the canvas. I would prefer advertising pop ups in the corner of the screen only between rounds. I also think something popping up for a short period of time actually gets more attention.

It was alright, something different, but I wouldn't want it permanently.

It enhanced that the canvas is just a giant billboard, I don't like that feeling.

i liked it reminded me of cage rage. maybe only for special events tho

The change was good, maybe a diff color would have been better. If they keep the "colored options" for special occasions like new years, Independence day, or anything special it would be a good change

hated it thought it was a stupid decision to make it yellow

Personally I actually liked it a lot more than the usual grey canvas. I think they should try out some different colours for the canvas in the future.

UFC200_Octagon_Yellow.0.0.jpg
Pee yellow was ok. But I'd like WEC blue better.

Nobody likes that much change. It honestly looked like one of the small time international leagues. The brightness stood out too much, the colors should be subtle as to not take attention from what's actually going on in the cage.

Yellow is typically supposed to suppress melatonin and create a more energetic atmosphere...clearly it didn't work like it's supposed to.

Back