Media Dana White on Kayla Harrison: "If I was her, I'd stay right where she is”

Baiting her into taking a paycut. Not the worst idea he's had.

It's probably not worth them paying her big money when they haven't got much they can do with her. Win or lose against Nunes what could they do with her after that that would gain much interest?

The last US Olympic judoka who was absolutely crushing everyone with very little resistance seemed to generate interest to be fair.

oooh challenge accepted---forgo actually money to prove your mettle to Dana for a fraction. Its like a playground bargaining session LOL what a fucking dope...

translation: "we don't want to pay you what you getting at PFL, so I make it look like we don't want you at all so that when we make you a low ball offer, you will be more than happy to accept."

If i was Kayla i would rather pick off tomato cans for an easy 1 million. What's the point of going to the ufc and barely making 200k to get wrecked by nunes ?
Hopes of being the ones doing the wrecking i guess, she is just fine can crushing lighter competition for 1 million plus a year in PFL.

5ebab97a5f726e7824507714

she'll never get this kinda of money with the goof.

Exactly the goof would never overpay someone like that.

Shut the fuck up Dana we all know that's just a shitty negotiation tactic
Normally I would agree with you, but after actually listening to Dana's full statement linked in the OP, he is being honest. Harrison is much better off financially can-crushing overseas for life than coming to UFC and pulling a Ben Askren.

He's probably trying to play to her ego really. She's got competitive drive, she's a two time Olympic champion, for him to suggest she doesn't want to come and fight the best in the world is absurd when that's what she did in her sport for years.

how is it absurd? she gets a million a year plus to fightpeople she can easily beat. its a false equivalency to compare that to the olympics, unless you are aware of some arangement wherein she was offered absurd amounts of money for relatively easy work which she turned down in order to compete at the olympics.

Dana is 100% right. He could be saying this in order to taunt her, but its hardly absurd to point out that she is in a really good spot right now.

Dana sucks a lot of the time, but man some of you guys are ridiculous

I dont think she can make 135 so who's she gonna fight in the UFC?
And her and Amanda train together so for me that takes something away from that fight anyway.
They have a 145 division where Amanda is also champion. And them being training partners doesn't take shit away from a fight between them.

Dana will be holding the next “Pretender Series” under the overpass where bums will compete for a 3 figure contract. Kiss seeing A level athletes in the UFC goodbye forever, or at least until their over 40.

funny-fight.gif

I dont think she can make 135 so who's she gonna fight in the UFC?
And her and Amanda train together so for me that takes something away from that fiight anyway.
Did you forget the UFC's super deep wmma 145lbs division?

Last edited:
She is female Brock. She doesn't need a clinch to take a person down either. She has a power double and single that she uses. Her technique isn't clean like Ronda's. For her to be a breakout star in the UFC. She needs to lose a lot of weight to make 135. She is already over 30. She sort of needs to move quick or go to Bellator at 145. UFC 145 is a dead division. I don't think the PFL has the the budget to keep paying her that much every year.
I disagree, Brock was a real NCAA division 1 national champ, Harrison has no wrestling background what so ever, she never goes for single or double legs.

Last edited:
Kayla clearly ducking Felicia Spencer. Dana told me, it must be true.

Back