Kayla Harrison: Test Cut - Everything Has Been Dialed In

Will Kayla Harrison Make Weight for UFC 300?

• Most definitely

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • 50/50

Votes: 35 30.7%
  • Not a chance. Better chance of Ferguson texting without emojis or hashtags

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • No, but Holly will accept a catch weight

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Who is Kayla?

Votes: 13 11.4%

• Total voters
I'm guessing that despite what she's saying now, Holly would accept the catchweight unless Kayla walks out to the scale hydrated and smirking like Khamzat, only to weigh in at welterweight.

Is it gonna be at 135 or 145 lbs?

Don't think this photo made it around Sherdog, Kayla is already looking a little smaller than her last fight. I think a lot of people were still thinking she was just as big as her last PFL fight lol.

Don't think this photo made it around Sherdog, Kayla is already looking a little smaller than her last fight. I think a lot of people were still thinking she was just as big as her last PFL fight lol.

I was about to tease that Dustin has a powerful thigh gap but I just remembered he has really messed up hips.

Voted “most definitely”, but it’s a little funny because she throws out 165 lbs as if it’s not a huge cut for a women her age.

She’s basically saying, “It’s just an Aljamain Sterling cut, guys. Nothing to see here.” Meanwhile he just moved to featherweight.

Why does she want to fight for reebok vouchers in the ufc then?
I don’t really follow her career too closely, but I believe she lost the last PFL tournament… and who knows how much the ufc is paying her to leave the PFL… plus Reebok vouchers are the goal of any serious competitive prize fighter.

If she makes 135, she will be walking dead at 20%. Not happening. Her frame is massive.

kayla-harrison-pfl.jpg

She is going to fight in the UFC and cut that much for every fight? Seems like she is going to have to hope for an Amazon division.

Nunes cut as much or more, Holly gotta walk around at 160 or so.
Not that uncommon, except Kayla is almost all muscle sir.

Would be fitting if she weighed 300 lbs for UFC 300

Excuse me but Yushin Okami was never a big MW.

- Fought the bigger Rich Franklin as a lanky 6'2" who barely cut weight for 185:

full

- Weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice bout vs OSP at LHW

> vs Dhiego Lima at 170 in his late 30s:

full

Barely above average sized WW in modern day
A below average sized MW by today standards.
A tiny MW by Pereira's standards.

I voted the last option and I'm serious about it, what is she famous for to warrant the attention on here?
Besides just being a wmma top talent in PFL, she is a multiple judo gold medalist (olympic champion, world champion and many more). She also has a respectable 16-1 score and is clearly brought in by the UFC to try to fill the gap left by Nunes. Feeding her Holm now to pad her record a bit no doubt.

This all feels like tj’s weight cut

Not at all, Kayla is doing it smart and has already done a test cut. TJ just bulldozed his way to 125 despite numerous signs from his body telling him he was pushing it too far.

I'd like to believe she'd make weight but damn that's a big cut.

I wouldn't say it's 50/50 but at the same time if she missed it I don't think anyone would be surprised.

Back