Dana may be protecting Aspinall and Poatan from Jon Jones

Couldn't make it past the first line of your second paragraph, but I respect the post. That is a whole lot of characters on my screen and just due to the law of averages you've got to have a good point in there somewhere.

Couldn't make it past the first line of your second paragraph, but I respect the post. That is a whole lot of characters on my screen and just due to the law of averages you've got to have a good point in there somewhere.
You disagree with the first line of the 2nd paragraph?

You disagree with the first line of the 2nd paragraph?

Can't say I disagree because I completely tuned out after the 1st paragraph. You went 0 to drunk girl at the bar real quick, with way too many periods in there as well, and I can't see if your tits are nice enough to pretend I was listening so I bailed.

Can't say I disagree because I completely tuned out after the 1st paragraph. You went 0 to drunk girl at the bar real quick, with way too many periods in there as well, and I can't see if your tits are nice enough to pretend I was listening so I bailed.
Lmao

Think about it... Poatan was open to face JJ before, as was JJ to face Poatan... that'd be in terms of ppv the biggest one, maybe only behind Connor vs Khabib. That'd be a huge money.

And he hasn't been so vocal about JJ needing to face Aspinall. He's "I'd like to", but he's very "whatever" to it... unlike when Jon Jones was still not a HW but planning a move up and Dana, upon money demands from JJ (and JJ, as Nagnnou later on, were totally right) said JJ was scared to fight Ngannou... until the situation inverted and he flipped the narrative when Ngannou developed the same knowledge. Both there were up to fight but both wanted more money. JJ got satisfied with the increase Dana provided and accepted to fight Ngannou. Meanwhile, Ngannou got more of an understanding of what toll from the fighters that fighting demands and wasn't (and rightfully so) satisfied with his payment as HW, and had the means to make more money in other sports. JJ not so much as he can't box with boxers as he doesn't have very big ko power, he doesn't have a profitable fighting sport aside from mma...

But now, Dana knows Jones is gonna retire without a doubt if he defeats Aspinall. It's not the JJ that he envisioned going to the UFC and doing many HW fights.

So Poatan and Pereira are the most active fighters rn, two very big natural talents... that are likely too much for their own division, so he likely wants to see their activity and make them win as many fights as they can to sell PPV and possibly set up in, like, 2 years from now, the big Poatan vs Aspinall match...

Though JJ is a problem, because he isn't gonna stick to UFC more, so if he beats Poatan or Aspinall, their invincible aura rn gets tarnished. He doesn't want Jon Jones to defeat the upcoming big stars (Aspinall is still rising)... in order to not take their auras. He may be "uh, JJ is gonna fight either of these two, not both, he's going to either beat Poatan or beat Aspinall as he's just ahead in every sense when it comes to mma, so I don't want a fighter that's gonna retire to take away from the upcoming stars".

It all makes a lot of sense!! Dana is actually protecting the new heavy challenges from Jon Jones!

At least that makes sense logically lol you can't deny that

Sorry to challenge your wall of text.. But naah.

Both Dana and Jones can be lured by money.

Jones might be convinced to fight more if there is money...

What Jones won't do is work as hard as he used to, in order to be a great fighter. He will rely on whatever remains and just keep most of the fat off... Which might be enough to win...

Sorry to challenge your wall of text.. But naah.

Both Dana and Jones can be lured by money.

Jones might be convinced to fight more if there is money...

What Jones won't do is work as hard as he used to, in order to be a great fighter. He will rely on whatever remains and just keep most of the fat off... Which might be enough to win...
Yes... but what if Dana thinks building up Alex and Aspinall, by having them build a very solid legacy in their own divisions, profiting in many events, and then have an Alex vs Aspinall fight? Maybe Dana doesn't want to make a huge offer to JJ because he beats Aspinall or Poatan, then retires, then UFC no invencible aura fighter anymore except for the one JJ didn't beat.

Luffy, you obviously know many words. Here's one more for you to learn: sophistry.

I think they are just protecting their brand. Any of those guys can beat each other in an upset. Jones is set to retire. It's not good to match him against their second highest PPV seller or their UK cash cow.

Jon Jones is mental midget and needs to always be handled with gloves. Every week he is fighting with trolls on the internet his skin is so thin. That is why Dana rarely says anything about Jones outside of praising him as the best ever.

Jones will fight either one of them but the UFC has to be willing to pay for it. If Jones wins there will be talks behind the scenes for Jones vs Tom first quarter next year. Jones knows a fight with Tom or Alex if he keeps winning is the biggest event the UFC can put on right now. He is going to want what he thinks is a fair payday for that. He isn't fighting for what his contract says for either of those fights. These are the few situations when fighters actually have some power over the UFC.

"protecting" them by...Jon Jones himself refusing to fight them?

Jones fans really struggle with cognitive functions these days, it seems.

Reactions: YSB
Luffy, you obviously know many words. Here's one more for you to learn: sophistry.
Nah, it's actually problems with going straight to the point. I don't try to make my posts look more solid by writing more, it's just the way I kinda write.

Last edited:
"protecting" them by...Jon Jones himself refusing to fight them?

Jones fans really struggle with cognitive functions these days, it seems.
JJ didn't refuse to fight Poatan. He also said he'd be down to face the winner of Alex and Poatan if they fought. He obviously wanted Poatan not because he think he is a easier fight (cuz he isn't, they are all same level threat), but because he wants his last fight to be as memorable to ppl and money maker as possible. If Tom were a superstar like Alex, he'd have no problems saying he'll absolutely fight Tom... since he would make a lot of money and he has plenty confidence that he will win, although he knows there are chances he may not.

JJ didn't refuse to fight Poatan. He also said he'd be down to face the winner of Alex and Poatan if they fought. He obviously wanted Poatan not because he think he is a easier fight (cuz he isn't, they are all same level threat), but because he wants his last fight to be as memorable to ppl and money maker as possible. If Tom were a superstar like Alex, he'd have no problems saying he'll absolutely fight Tom... since he would make a lot of money and he has plenty confidence that he will win, although he knows there are chances he may not.
That's a good medal in mental gymnastics right there my guy.

Jones has said REPEATEDLY that he's retiring after Stipe. You saying that nonsense above doesn't change what the man himself has said.

You Jones fans are so detached from reality I have to wonder how you handle day to day life

Nah, it's actually problems with going straight to the point. I don't try to make my posts look more solid by writing more, it's just the way I kinda write.
Few posters can empathize with that problem more than I. Usually my posts are chunky paragraphs in the sea of others' swift comments. It seems I only get pithy when I'm trying to make a joke, then I regret it when it gets misunderstood. Like this time.

Sophistry is making fallacious arguments. They superficially seem logical but the premises are flawed. (There's also the connotation of them being intentionally done so to deceive, but I don't think that's what happened here. i think you had a sudden Hot Take strike you and were so taken by its originality you had to run with it.)

Dana has been trying to make the Jones-Stipe match for a while now, at least since the latter half of 2022 (Stipe has admitted to having to turn it down at that time because of the timing). So this was in the works before Poatan even moved up to Light Heavyweight, much less expressed a desire to fight in Heavyweight, and while Aspinall was on the sidelines recovering from a horrific knee injury and people were worried if he'd ever return to form. It's far more likely now to be a reflection of Dana's stubborness, not protectiveness.

At any rate he's already said that the winner of Aspinall-Blaydes WILL fight the winner of Jones-Stipe, that he thinks Jones will win his bout, and that Jon Jones' "competitive spirit" will compel him to fight Tom Aspinall, no matter what his talk of retiring may be. If he's "protecting" Aspinall, it's doesn't seem for long does it?

Jones will probably retire after 2 fights that's probably the reason why. The others are in their primes. Jones winning and retiring will make it more compicated.

Think about it... Poatan was open to face JJ before, as was JJ to face Poatan... that'd be in terms of ppv the biggest one, maybe only behind Connor vs Khabib. That'd be a huge money.

And he hasn't been so vocal about JJ needing to face Aspinall. He's "I'd like to", but he's very "whatever" to it... unlike when Jon Jones was still not a HW but planning a move up and Dana, upon money demands from JJ (and JJ, as Nagnnou later on, were totally right) said JJ was scared to fight Ngannou... until the situation inverted and he flipped the narrative when Ngannou developed the same knowledge. Both there were up to fight but both wanted more money. JJ got satisfied with the increase Dana provided and accepted to fight Ngannou. Meanwhile, Ngannou got more of an understanding of what toll from the fighters that fighting demands and wasn't (and rightfully so) satisfied with his payment as HW, and had the means to make more money in other sports. JJ not so much as he can't box with boxers as he doesn't have very big ko power, he doesn't have a profitable fighting sport aside from mma...

But now, Dana knows Jones is gonna retire without a doubt if he defeats Aspinall. It's not the JJ that he envisioned going to the UFC and doing many HW fights.

So Poatan and Pereira are the most active fighters rn, two very big natural talents... that are likely too much for their own division, so he likely wants to see their activity and make them win as many fights as they can to sell PPV and possibly set up in, like, 2 years from now, the big Poatan vs Aspinall match...

Though JJ is a problem, because he isn't gonna stick to UFC more, so if he beats Poatan or Aspinall, their invincible aura rn gets tarnished. He doesn't want Jon Jones to defeat the upcoming big stars (Aspinall is still rising)... in order to not take their auras. He may be "uh, JJ is gonna fight either of these two, not both, he's going to either beat Poatan or beat Aspinall as he's just ahead in every sense when it comes to mma, so I don't want a fighter that's gonna retire to take away from the upcoming stars".

It all makes a lot of sense!! Dana is actually protecting the new heavy challenges from Jon Jones!

At least that makes sense logically lol you can't deny that
💩💩💩

Back