Media Coach Makes Case for Dvalishvili to Fight Figueiredo Instead of Nurmagomedov

Breaking news: Merab prefers to fight a bloated up nearly 37 year old former flyweight vs an undefeated 18-0 disciple of Khabib in his prime. :eek:

He better kiss the ring, I AM the Chief of Sherbro island after all lol
merab-merab-walking.gif

Fuck that, he should fight Umar and if he beats him THEN he should fight Figgy or someone else.
He barely got touched in his most recent fight.
I see why Merab is jealous of Umar's rise. Having to fight Cejudo, Aldo, Petr Yan, Moreas, Dodson, Stamann, Kotona is a crazy strength of schedule. I don't think Merab is getting enough credit from most.

Last edited:
This is funny but Merab doesn't get it. Dana doesn't want him as champ, he'll be fighting Umar.

Figgy is widely perceived to be an easier fight than Umar. Of course he would want this. Same reason O'Malley wanted Vera. Merab isn't Dana's favored son so he'll get Umar.

Yep, I mean we are kind of seeing it with Belal and Shavkat, we saw it with Leon and Colby, when a contender takes the long road to the top they don't really like to defend against guys getting fast tracked.
That's not true. Belal has specifically called out Shavkat. And Leon took the Colby fight and made Belal sit on the sidelines. You never saw Leon calling for Belal to be the next contender.

Yep, I mean we are kind of seeing it with Belal and Shavkat, we saw it with Leon and Colby, when a contender takes the long road to the top they don't really like to defend against guys getting fast tracked.
Didn't Belal say he'd fight Shavkat? Did he change his mind?

I'd like to see Figgy fight sooner just due to his age. Realistically if he isn't next he probably doesn't get a shot until 2026 and that is IF he can win a fight or 2 in that time.

It's 2/3 of the way thru 2024 now.
Avg title fight turnaround is 9 months.
With the money the UFC has invested in promoting OMalley he likely fights the winner of Merab vs Umar after taking his year off and getting his hip surgery.

Merab vs Umar spring/summer 2025
Winner vs Sean around end of 2025

How old is Figgy by the time he gets a shot? 38?
Not great odds for him at that age at BW.
Sean needs a win or two before another title match. He got dominated!

I see why Merab is jealous of Umar's rise. Having to fight Cejudo, Aldo, Petr Yan, Moreas, Dodson, Stamann, Kotona is a crazy strength of schedule. I don't Merab is getting enough credit from most.
What do you mean by 'have to'? He was on interviews saying he didn't want to fight his friend, Dana was even pissed at him for not wanting to take a title shot.

Even after Aljo lost the belt he was saying he may want to wait and let he and Sean have a rematch. To talk like UFC denied him anything is just not true in this case.

Back