Media Coach Makes Case for Dvalishvili to Fight Figueiredo Instead of Nurmagomedov

What do you mean by 'have to'? He was on interviews saying he didn't want to fight his friend, Dana was even pissed at him for not wanting to take a title shot.

Even after Aljo lost the belt he was saying he may want to wait and let he and Sean have a rematch. To talk like UFC denied him anything is just not true in this case.

At least Cejudo was forced on Merab, because Sean was begging for Chito.

Sean needs a win or two before another title match. He got dominated!
Of course... that SHOULD be how it goes.

But you know how it is much more likely to go.

Once the UFC invests any sort of money into promoting a fighter or building a star name they do everything they can to recoup on their investment including subsequent title fight rematches or title shots coming off losses.

Look at Colby and Usman, Masvidal. Izzy just got a title shot off of a lopsided loss and losing 2/3.
Cejudo got a title shot off a 3 year layoff, Stipe is getting a title shot without a win in 4 years and no wins over ANYONE in the UFC.

umar-nurmagomedov-umar-drone.gif

I wanna see that fight so bad.
You think Umar beats Merab?

That's a tough fight for both guys tbh sir.
umar-drone-umar-nurmagomedov.gif

Figueiredo turned down Sandhagen who beat Vera, Figs best win. Umar beat Sandhagen for the number 1 contender fight. He just didn’t fight more guys in the top bc they are all just like Merab sh** scared of him and refused to fight him. He’s the only one that deserves to fight for the title.

What makes Merab think he can pick and choose? He just humiliated one of Dana’s favorite hype jobs. Now he wants to call out an over the hill flyweight? Uncle Dana isn’t going to give him any breaks.

What is this nonsense? The champ doesn’t decide who his contenders are. The owners of the organization he is champion of do. Retard world.

Fight umar and stfu. It’s not like it’s an un winnable fight. Umar is still young.

Agree. It's a win-win (exciting matchups) for everyone, except Umar, and fair as far as I'm concerned.
Merab would ragdoll Figgy, it’s a dogshit fight. Umar vs Merab is actually highly competitive and intriguing. Dagi haters are willing to see a worse fight just to punish Khabib smh.

I'm amazed that Merab is refusing to fight Umar, especially considering what a dominant streak he's on. He should be pretty confident.

I bet he's pissed off that Umar is jumping so many spots to an instant title fight.
It’s not that he’s pissed off, he just wants the easier touch fight so he can maximize pay days. Occam’s razor. Umar is a serious threat to his throne, Figgy isn’t.

Merab would ragdoll Figgy, it’s a dogshit fight. Umar vs Merab is actually highly competitive and intriguing. Dagi haters are willing to see a worse fight just to punish Khabib smh.
Figgy loves to take the fight anywhere. He's more versatile than O'Malley. You're jumping to conclusions.

Figgy loves to take the fight anywhere. He's more versatile than O'Malley. You're jumping to conclusions.
I’m really not, Moreno was at times getting the better of Figgy on the ground. Merab will ragdoll him, he ain’t ready for the pressure and wrestling.

1 ranked win should NOT be earning you a title shot

That too a win in Abu Dhabi

Fight in Vegas or California a couple more times where the Athletic Commission will overlook testing and medicals.

I mean, Khabib didn't even have to make weight for his last 2 fights by way of fighting in Abu Dubious

I’m really not, Moreno was at times getting the better of Figgy on the ground. Merab will ragdoll him, he ain’t ready for the pressure and wrestling.
Possibly but I don't see it as a guarantee. Figgy looked fantastic in his latest test at higher weight. I think he'll strike with more abandon than Sean was willing to do and be more dangerous with submissions when it comes to grappling.

Possibly but I don't see it as a guarantee. Figgy looked fantastic in his latest test at higher weight. I think he'll strike with more abandon than Sean was willing to do and be more dangerous with submissions when it comes to grappling.
Chito is a can, cmon man lol. There’s plenty of evidence that Chito does not belong at the very top of that division. He has a journeyman level skill set.

I'm amazed that Merab is refusing to fight Umar, especially considering what a dominant streak he's on. He should be pretty confident.

I bet he's pissed off that Umar is jumping so many spots to an instant title fight.

I'm amazed that you think he is refusing to fight Umar.

1 ranked win should NOT be earning you a title shot

That too a win in Abu Dhabi

Fight in Vegas or California a couple more times where the Athletic Commission will overlook testing and medicals.

I mean, Khabib didn't even have to make weight for his last 2 fights by way of fighting in Abu Dubious
Haven't really kept up with the "fighting in Abu Dhabi is cheating" lot these days.

What's the prevailing theory for this fight? They let Umar come in heavy? They spiked Sandhagens water? They poisoned Corey before the fight? I'm interested in subscribing to your newsletter.

Back