• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chito didn't look confident from the start

rstringer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Definitely credit to Sandhagen for a very smart fight but Chito looked off even before the fight started. I saw a look of concern instead of confidence.

Everytime he decided to turn it in , he was tagging Sandhagen but he just wasn't firing from all cylinders tonight and I don't believe it was just because if his opponent.

His explanation after the fight didn't offer any real insight either , so it was very disappointing to watch.

I didn't see that.

I saw the typical "too cool for school" demeanor that Chito has when he's starting slow and feeling out his opponent's tendencies.

The issue was that Sandhagen jumped on him early, moved too well to get hit totally flush and didn't have much of reaction to what landed because he has a good chin.

Chito got outlanded in his last three fights too, but he managed to set up his opponents and catch them with hard shots that turned the fight in his favor.

His problem was not shifting into a higher gear until the very end of the fight.

A lot easier to beat someone on the feet when you have them thinking about the takedown.
He was beating him on the feet before the first takedown. You should try watching fights rather than just reading the synopsis after the fact

Definitely credit to Sandhagen for a very smart fight but Chito looked off even before the fight started. I saw a look of concern instead of confidence.

Everytime he decided to turn it in , he was tagging Sandhagen but he just wasn't firing from all cylinders tonight and I don't believe it was just because if his opponent.

His explanation after the fight didn't offer any real insight either , so it was very disappointing to watch.
This is the real Chito. Just saying he’s not a contender but a 8-15 gatekeeper. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way

He had a Chip on his Shoulder.

Chito is the Derrick Lewis of 35. He sucks. Has nothing but power. He got beat up by Dom, Frankie , and Font. Put him at 45 and he gets wrecked by every contender. Why anyone expected him to beat Sandhagen who actually fights contenders lol
Did he say he was going to 45?

26C295AF-AA3B-49B1-9515-D53F9EA2F3CB.jpeg
shocked so many picked Vera …..his win streak was Cruz ( old) , Font ( overrated ) , Edger ( old ) ……Thought this was a fairly easy fight to predict…..Can’t let Sandhagen find his rhythm and Vera was always gonna do nothing the first two rounds

Last edited:
This place is cruel as hell to people who lose...

I didn't like the fight either. What I saw was Sandhagen surprised him with solid wrestling I. The first half of the fight. Cheeto had good sprawl in the 2nd half

Sandhagen clearly outpointed him but it wasn't too exciting of a fight. Both lacked urgency especially Vera

That's it. Not gonna call Vera a bum or say he doesn't belong there lol. I hope he brings it next time though

This place is cruel as hell to people who lose...

I didn't like the fight either. What I saw was Sandhagen surprised him with solid wrestling I. The first half of the fight. Cheeto had good sprawl in the 2nd half

Sandhagen clearly outpointed him but it wasn't too exciting of a fight. Both lacked urgency especially Vera

That's it. Not gonna call Vera a bum or say he doesn't belong there lol. I hope he brings it next time though
No. Anyone with a brain knew Chito had only a punchers chance.

Was glad to see such a sore winner crybaby lose. Chito’s rise was facilitated by winning against out of prime fighters with a lot of fight mileage. He’s not a complete fighter. What this fight really showed is how good Song Yadong is, given his performance against Cory last year.

Back