• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chito didn't look confident from the start

And to fight guys his own size

Hes a 5' 11" bantamweight

One could easily argue being that tall is a hindrance. Can you imagine what a guy like Merab could potentially do against a guy that lanky? There's always a tradeoff.

Chito is the Derrick Lewis of 35. He sucks. Has nothing but power. He got beat up by Dom, Frankie , and Font. Put him at 45 and he gets wrecked by every contender. Why anyone expected him to beat Sandhagen who actually fights contenders lol
He did not get beat up by Edgar lol

One could easily argue being that tall is a hindrance. Can you imagine what a guy like Merab could potentially do against a guy that lanky? There's always a tradeoff.
Theres no disadvantage to being taller

Chito is the Derrick Lewis of 35. He sucks. Has nothing but power. He got beat up by Dom, Frankie , and Font. Put him at 45 and he gets wrecked by every contender. Why anyone expected him to beat Sandhagen who actually fights contenders lol

He also beat O'Malley. Say whatever you want about guys who only have power, it gets the job done. To compare him to Lewis is just dumb. He beat the three guys you mentioned with completely different weapons. Also saying he got beat up is another lie. He was getting outworked and that means nothing in the end.

Cory grappled and stayed in the pocket a lot more than I thought he would. He is a complete martial artist and one of the best at that. It ended up being a nightmare matchuo for Vera.

Was glad to see such a sore winner crybaby lose. Chito’s rise was facilitated by winning against out of prime fighters with a lot of fight mileage. He’s not a complete fighter. What this fight really showed is how good Song Yadong is, given his performance against Cory last year.

Vera fought Yadong and lost a controversial decision. So what does that tell you about Yadong?

He also beat O'Malley. Say whatever you want about guys who only have power, it gets the job done. To compare him to Lewis is just dumb. He beat the three guys you mentioned with completely different weapons. Also saying he got beat up is another lie. He was getting outworked and that means nothing in the end.

Cory grappled and stayed in the pocket a lot more than I thought he would. He is a complete martial artist and one of the best at that. It ended up being a nightmare matchuo for Vera.

Vera fought Yadong and lost a controversial decision. So what does that tell you about Yadong?
It says that Song leveled up, and that Chitos style has been the same for a long time.

I dunno, i just dont like when the winner doesnt get his props and people say shit like so and so wasnt himself.

sandhagen fought a masterful technical fight. He honestly outsmarted chito. His gameplan was better and he executed exactly what he wanted to do.

what was chito’s gameplan really? Start slow and feel out his opponent like he always does?, corey was 1 step ahead of him everytime.

Was glad to see such a sore winner crybaby lose. Chito’s rise was facilitated by winning against out of prime fighters with a lot of fight mileage. He’s not a complete fighter. What this fight really showed is how good Song Yadong is, given his performance against Cory last year.
Yeah song actually did well and won some rounds vs corey.

I didn't see that.

I saw the typical "too cool for school" demeanor that Chito has when he's starting slow and feeling out his opponent's tendencies.

The issue was that Sandhagen jumped on him early, moved too well to get hit totally flush and didn't have much of reaction to what landed because he has a good chin.

Chito got outlanded in his last three fights too, but he managed to set up his opponents and catch them with hard shots that turned the fight in his favor.

His problem was not shifting into a higher gear until the very end of the fight.
Well put.

I also think he tried to shift to a higher gear towards the end, but the constant movement, feints, combos and level changes from Sandhagen just didn’t let him get going.

Sometimes you watch a fight and think like ”wtf why isn’t he throwing stuff” and sometimes you’re totally right and the guy doesn’t pull the trigger at all. This time I’d say Chito was trying to find the window, the opportunity to put it on but just couldn’t find it. A fighter as elite as he is won’t just swing for the fences and hope for the best, he saw Sandhagen wasn’t there to be hit.

That’s how I see it
<mma4>

Definitely credit to Sandhagen for a very smart fight but Chito looked off even before the fight started. I saw a look of concern instead of confidence.

Everytime he decided to turn it in , he was tagging Sandhagen but he just wasn't firing from all cylinders tonight and I don't believe it was just because if his opponent.

His explanation after the fight didn't offer any real insight either , so it was very disappointing to watch.
Sandhagen is a better fighter. Chito struggled because sandhagen could nullify his length and match his cardio.

He looked the same as always. Cory’s a better striker.

Chito looked gun shy to me.

He would literally duck his head and look at the floor, which is a greenhorn thing to do. You wouldn't catch Yan hiding like that.

Chito couldn't deal with the speed or the reach of Sandhagen. He was more worried about "getting hit" than doing any hitting of his own. Weak performance.

Sandhagen is definitely more well rounded and dynamic than Vera, but he definitely couldve put up a better fight than that

This is the real Chito. Just saying he’s not a contender but a 8-15 gatekeeper. Sorry you had to learn this the hard way
He KO'ed ranked number 2 and 7 in the division and beat number 6 into a pulp, wtf are you talking about <45>

Back