• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Black youtubers react to 'Rich men of Richmond'

What I want to see is the jiggling fury of fat Youtube unleashed on this poor guy. Like the view phenomenon the last donut in the box at a Fat Studies conference his treatment will be short, brutal, but ultimately won't satiate the lusts of the crowd.

It's not racist. It's also not saying as much as people think it is.

If I understand correctly, it's an astroturf production. A couple of wealthy conservative influencers finance and promote a fake "grass roots" campaign about "taxes and poor people bad" and all the evil rich men are "north".

It's really well crafted to tap into the outrage and make sure it's directed away from whoever is providing the "bullshit pay" and toward some fictional regan era welfare queen or some bad northern politician.Though I don't question his authenticity. He probably does think and believe that, he's just a blunt intstrument.

It's not racist. It's also not saying as much as people think it is.

If I understand correctly, it's an astroturf production. A couple of wealthy conservative influencers finance and promote a fake "grass roots" campaign about "taxes and poor people bad" and all the evil rich men are "north".

It's really well crafted to tap into the outrage and make sure it's directed away from whoever is providing the "bullshit pay" and toward some fictional regan era welfare queen or some bad northern politician.Though I don't question his authenticity. He probably does think and believe that, he's just a blunt intstrument.

I was just thibking it was about time for the unhinged left wing conspiracy theories to start rolling in.

I was just thibking it was about time for the unhinged left wing conspiracy theories to start rolling in.
The song didn't resonate with anyone and the idea of something going "viral" because of natural engagement is impossible. The country music industry controls everything, always.

The goal is division. A stable black population in harmony with white folks is the lefts worst nightmare. I don't get how anyone could still not see this.

The government has been trying to devise ways to divide all of us since the beginning of this country sir.
They're certainly not going to stop now.

It's racist against fat people.

Nashville just made one for you lefties. Enjoy.

What part is the conspiracy? Jason Howerton is on the record as having covered production costs and gone in person to assist. Then he boosted it and seems to have coordinated a bunch of other right wing influencers to boost it nearly simultaniously.

There's nothing wrong with that. That's how professional record production and promotion works generally speaking, but it's typically done through the record business, and not political commentators.

It's just 100% not the "grass roots" product that they're selling it as. No conspriacy necessary, it's a very straight forward and open astroturf campaign. And again, I do think the artist is genuine in his beliefs.

It's pretty meh. Trying to talk about politics but not even scratching at anything on surface level. His style sounds good, over all much better than "try that in a small town". I guess I don't understand the complaint about people on food assistance in a song complaining about rich politicians. Seems like a mixed message.

Yea the complaints about food assistance doesn't make sense.

"Rich politicians are taking advantage of us. Also don't help the people they are hurting".

It's pretty meh. Trying to talk about politics but not even scratching at anything on surface level. His style sounds good, over all much better than "try that in a small town". I guess I don't understand the complaint about people on food assistance in a song complaining about rich politicians. Seems like a mixed message.
This is going to blow your mind but blue collar folks drive past people they know are on welfare. The rich politicians take their money in taxes and then give it to people they know can work but won’t. They’re actually not against disabled people despite your what about mindset. So they don’t like people with no connection to them mandating their behavior AND bums who won’t work but live off their tax dollars

What part is the conspiracy? Jason Howerton is on the record as having covered production costs and gone in person to assist. Then he boosted it and seems to have coordinated a bunch of other right wing influencers to boost it nearly simultaniously.

There's nothing wrong with that. That's how professional record production and promotion works generally speaking, but it's typically done through the record business, and not political commentators.

It's just 100% not the "grass roots" product that they're selling it as. No conspriacy necessary, it's a very straight forward and open astroturf campaign. And again, I do think the artist is genuine in his beliefs.

Ooh. You cracked the case. People promoted a song.

'Astroturfing' lmao. Get a grip.

Yea the complaints about food assistance doesn't make sense.

"Rich politicians are taking advantage of us. Also don't help the people they are hurting".

And how would someone build a stairway to heaven, let alone several stairways that they could actually start selling them to people? Ha ha. That led zepplin sure is some phony bullshit.

Ooh. You cracked the case. People promoted a song.

'Astroturfing' lmao. Get a grip.

Yeah, are you not familiar with the term? Like I don't fully understand you're beef with how I'm labeling it.

It's a commercial marketing campaign posing as a grass roots campaign for that "authentic, rustic, traditional" appeal. It's Cracker Barrel, or Dollywood, but it feels authentic.

Yeah, are you not familiar with the term? Like I don't fully understand you're beef with how I'm labeling it.

It's a commercial marketing campaign posing as a grass roots campaign for that "authentic, rustic, traditional" appeal. It's Cracker Barrel, or Dollywood, but it feels authentic.

No. It isn't. It's a song. Songs get promoted. That's how people hear them. You're just doing what you guys do when ever anything comes along with politics you don't like: You're flailing around looking for a gotcha talking point.

God forbid the people you hate get to have something one time.

No. It isn't. It's a song. Songs get promoted. That's how people hear them. You're just doing what you guys do when ever anything comes along with politics you don't like: You're flailing around looking for a gotcha talking point.

God forbid the people you hate get to have something one time.

What's gotcha about that? It is what it is. I mean, it's a little manipulative and disingenuous, but I'm not holding it up as a crime or anything. Some advertisement is manipulative. I'm just calling balls and strikes. I genuinely don't get your objection.

And to be clear, some songs are heard through promotional plans and promos from bigger media outlets. Others are actually grass roots. Like when Jessie Stewart's Cold Beer went viral it was EXACTLY what it appeared to be. It was a dude singing at a bonfire and it resonated with people and without an orchestrated effort they passed it along to other people until it was a pretty big deal. This is pretending to be that for marketing reasons.

This is going to blow your mind but blue collar folks drive past people they know are on welfare. The rich politicians take their money in taxes and then give it to people they know can work but won’t. They’re actually not against disabled people despite your what about mindset. So they don’t like people with no connection to them mandating their behavior AND bums who won’t work but live off their tax dollars

Song should have picked a lane. Do you want to complain about rich people? There is a lot to complain about government waste that isnt aimed at the poor. Is there some people on food subsidies that is fraudulent, sure. However government spends more on subsidies for the wealthy than that very small amount of fraud. Many working people are on food, housing, and health care assistance. That lines complaining about assistance for the poor is very hollow when we take a look at where our tax money is actually going.

Song should have picked a lane. Do you want to complain about rich people? There is a lot to complain about government waste that isnt aimed at the poor. Is there some people on food subsidies that is fraudulent, sure. However government spends more on subsidies for the wealthy than that very small amount of fraud. Many working people are on food, housing, and health care assistance. That lines complaining about assistance for the poor is very hollow when we take a look at where our tax money is actually going.

If you're looking for a coherent political manifesto or policy platform, clearly it comes up very short. But music is emotional, and I think the sincerity that comes through in the words and music is why it resonates with a lot of people. It feels like there isn't room for thinking it's a pretty good song but kind of dumb. He's not a brilliant sage or a phony, just a regular guy with some holes in his understanding but real passion.

A blue collar worker in Virginia who lives with other bleh collar people should’ve written a country song doing a line by line audit of the federal budget? That makes sense. Certainly couldn’t just look around him and write about what he sees. I honestly am concerned about his lack of objection to the Myanmar tragedy that’s ongoing and the fact he didn’t even mention the Congolese slave trade

If you're looking for a coherent political manifesto or policy platform, clearly it comes up very short. But music is emotional, and I think the sincerity that comes through in the words and music is why it resonates with a lot of people. It feels like there isn't room for thinking it's a pretty good song but kind of dumb. He's not a brilliant sage or a phony, just a regular guy with some holes in his understanding but real passion.
I wouldn't even bother with a criticism if it wasn't for right wing talking heads trying to present it as a profound song. I first heard about this song because of right wing radio trying to push how impactful it was. When others are trying to prop it up as a great political song, then I think it's fair to examine what the song is talking about. I don't see anything particular racist at all with this song, just that the points it is trying to make seem shallow. I think if he refined it a bit more he could have actually had a song worth the praise. I liked the music and his vocals myself.

A blue collar worker in Virginia who lives with other bleh collar people should’ve written a country song doing a line by line audit of the federal budget? That makes sense. Certainly couldn’t just look around him and write about what he sees. I honestly am concerned about his lack of objection to the Myanmar tragedy that’s ongoing and the fact he didn’t even mention the Congolese slave trade
See my last post for what I'm forming my opinion on.

Back