• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Black youtubers react to 'Rich men of Richmond'

You don't think it's right-wing?

Is calling out people for abusing and relying on welfare really a “right wing” thing? Some fat lady I used to work with would sell her food stamps because she was abusing the system somehow and didn’t need them. You think that’s okay?

Last edited:
Is calling out people for abusing and relying on welfare really a “right wing” thing. Some fat lady I used to work with would sell her food stamps because she was abusing the system somehow and didn’t need them. You think that’s okay?

How much food stamp fraud do you think there is compared to waste at the Pentagon?

How much food stamp fraud do you think there is compared to waste at the Pentagon?

No idea. Do you mean “waste” as in trash or just inferring that they’re wasting money? I don’t think this Oliver guy would be onboard with the Pentagon wasting money either from what little I’ve heard from him.

No idea. Do you mean “waste” as in trash or just inferring that they’re wasting money?

I'd be here all night typing to describe all of it.

But for starters, I could mention the billions of dollars shelled out to defense contractors for weapons and vehicles that are never even used by any branch of the military and get parked out in the desert after they're delivered.

https://www.businessinsider.com/congress-forcing-the-army-to-make-tanks-2012-10

I don’t think this Oliver guy would be onboard with the Pentagon wasting money either from what little I’ve heard from him.

Then why the fuck didn't he mention it instead of something totally irrelevant to material living conditions like fat people on government assistance?

Is calling out people for abusing and relying on welfare really a “right wing” thing? Some fat lady I used to work with would sell her food stamps because she was abusing the system somehow and didn’t need them. You think that’s okay?

Oh, and how long ago did this happen?

Because physical food stamps haven't existed in decades. The government issues EBT cards, and there are purchase limitations.

Someone's always got a story of someone abusing the welfare system and no doubt it is true to a degree because there are people who abuse any system but what matters is the big picture, i.e. what % of peope abuse the system vs. number of people who really do need welfare.

Last edited:
Wait — they are saying this song is racist?
I think people have to keep in mind that there are over 330 + million people in America, with most of them adults. Easy and widespread access to the internet and social media means anyone and everyone gets to have a say, which also means all kinds of weird, odd and flat out nutty opinions get aired.

But for starters, I could mention the billions of dollars shelled out to defense contractors for weapons and vehicles that are never even used by any branch of the military and get parked out in the desert after they're delivered.

Then why the fuck didn't he mention it instead of something totally irrelevant to material living conditions like fat people on government assistance?

Because physical food stamps haven't existed in decades. The government issues EBT cards, and there are purchase limitations.

Not that long ago. It was a card. Looked just like a debit card. Food stamp cards have looked this way for nearly 20 years in my state.

I’m not sure why you’re harping on this Pentagon thing as it doesn’t seem like he’d be onboard with that either.

It kind of is just because SNAP abuse is so insignificant to the overall budget that people who have a strong emotional reaction have a deeper issue (it's not coming from like a rational opposition to waste). Imagine if he were complaining about police racism against black people. It's a real thing that exists, and presumably a lot of rightists don't like it, but it would be pretty clearly left-coded. Likewise, he focuses his anger about low wages on ... the federal gov't? Doesn't really make sense, but you can understand it as a rightist thing.

Someone's always got a story of someone abusing the welfare system and no doubt it is true to a degree because there are people who abuse any system but what matters is the big picture, i.e. what % of peope abuse the system vs. number of people who really do need welfare.

It's amazing that people are still worked up about the possibility of welfare/food stamp fraud, even after those programs got gutted in the 90s.

That's what's so funny about the whole Brett Favre scandal in Mississippi.

Mississippi functionally ended its welfare program 20 years ago. There are barely any families on it, and it's an extremely onerous and demeaning process for the ones who are.

The real scandal is that the state continues to take millions in federal money for social assiatance that it uses as a slush fund to patch up the state budget because rich people there barely pay state taxes.

Not that long ago. It was a card. Looked just like a debit card. Food stamp cards have looked this way for nearly 20 years in my state.

I’m not sure why you’re harping on this Pentagon thing as it doesn’t seem like he’d be onboard with that either.

There are fewer than 500,000 adult recipients of all welfare programs in the US, and the average combined benefit is $500 a month.

Even if they're all scammers, which is nowhere near true, it would still rank at the bottom of government waste.

IMO It's an odd thing for so many people to be perpetually angry about.

That military budget pales in comparison to the amount of fudge rounds purchased by fat people, of which we seemingly have an endless supply of

That military budget pales in comparison to the amount of fudge rounds purchased by fat people, of which we seemingly have an endless supply of
You are so fucking full of shit. Fudge rounds aren't even in the top three of best sellers for Little Debbie. The top three combined are said to account for 200 million cartons sold. That doesn't come anywhere near the $3 billion mentioned in the military article and of course Fudge rounds would be way less than that.

Go peddle your bullshit fucking lies somewhere else loser.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/123228...omical-number-of-its-top-3-treats-every-year/

He has a good voice and his other songs are better imo but it's a bit weird to trash on rich people for ruining society then also add in a random line about poor fatties on welfare. He has strong opinions but it's all over the place. It has random talking points for no reason that doesn't make the story flow well.

There are fewer than 500,000 adult recipients of all welfare programs in the US, and the average combined benefit is $500 a month.

Even if they're all scammers, which is nowhere near true, it would still rank at the bottom of government waste.

IMO It's an odd thing for so many people to be perpetually angry about.

What an odd thing to lie about.

https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/blog/finance/welfare-statistics.html

There were 70 million people on the Social Security Administration (SSA)’s welfare programs in the United States in 2021

Poor blacks and poor whites are on the same team. The elites want them fighting.

Division is old as time.

Dance puppets.

Occupy Wall Street freaked the elites out. The poor and middle and upper class were all being ass r-worded by Globalist Oligarchs. They kinda almost realized it, and started working together.

BOOM. The media goes full Racism all the time.

Division . Threat averted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back