• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Black youtubers react to 'Rich men of Richmond'

Gonna need some TLDW summaries of the videos. It’s a good song that hits right, no surprise it’s going viral

Who the fuck actually thinks this song is racist?

I can maaaaybe understand the Jason Andean complaints due to the imagery and not the song itself but IMO that's people going out of their way to look for things to complain about.

This song though, he makes it very clear he's upset at the gov. Not exactly racist.
The IRS, Joe Biden

Stopped watching 'black people react to' after a rando black guy in his 30's said he never heard Enter Sandman before. How is that even possible? Dude lived in NY

I wish politicians would look out for miners / And not just minors on an island somewhere / Lord, we got folks in the street, ain't got nothin' to eat / And the obese milkin' welfare.

Well, God, if you're 5-foot-3 and you're 300 pounds / Taxes ought not to pay for your bags of fudge rounds / Young men are puttin' themselves six feet in the ground / 'Cause all this damn country does is keep on kickin' them down.

crying-yes.gif

To be fair, the majority of black youtube content creators have found that they get more subs if they grift for maga folks.

Who the fuck actually thinks this song is racist?

I can maaaaybe understand the Jason Andean complaints due to the imagery and not the song itself but IMO that's people going out of their way to look for things to complain about.

This song though, he makes it very clear he's upset at the gov. Not exactly racist.
CNN is trying very hard to put a right wing label on the song. The universal appeal tells a different story.

He’s songs about Richmond. One time something bad happened in Richmond. That makes the sign racist. Also it’s Virginia which should trigger most people because the name implies it’s for virgins which is slut shaming. The very fact he’s playing a guitar with his hands means he’s ableist against people with no hands. Anyone who likes this is antisemitism

<{anton}>

He's a decent singer

i'm not sure what "north of richmond" is supposed to represent. is this some line on the map separating something from something else?

Much like, Try That in a Small Town, I'd never heard of this song or the singer until it started being referenced on Sherdog.

It's not bad at all, and I honestly don't see how it could be considered racist. Fatphobic, maybe, but fuck the Chubbies. They brought it on themselves;)

He’s songs about Richmond. One time something bad happened in Richmond. That makes the sign racist. Also it’s Virginia which should trigger most people because the name implies it’s for virgins which is slut shaming. The very fact he’s playing a guitar with his hands means he’s ableist against people with no hands. Anyone who likes this is antisemitism

<[analyzed}>

It's pretty meh. Trying to talk about politics but not even scratching at anything on surface level. His style sounds good, over all much better than "try that in a small town". I guess I don't understand the complaint about people on food assistance in a song complaining about rich politicians. Seems like a mixed message.

Back