Biden named dropped in officials who attempted to unmask Flynn

So wait, there are still over 10,000 people headed for the border, but they're social distancing, so that changes everything? What happened to all those murders and terrorists, did they just disappear?

It's absolutely amazing that you thought this was some sort of important point that needed to be made.

LOL, so the caravans dissolved because of “social distancing?” That article was from March of 2019. I already know how you’ll try to play off your missing of that little detail. It’ll be some trite generalization about the meaning of the term social distancing outside of the context of the current pandemic. Perfectly predictable stuff - but transparent bullshit nonetheless.

The fact is that migrant caravans fell off the map in late late 2018 early 2019 because they largely stopped happening. You missed that fact because you just went all in on your confirmation bias and didn’t bother to question your own assumptions. That’s a really bad habit to have. Try to do better.

Can we just take a moment to realize that the current acting dni is a former fox news talking head?

lol what world do you live in? Trump has been hated on by little dick SJWs and the media his whole presidency.

Yeah I'm seeing it now. BTW, how was the Kool-Aid and what flavor do they make you drink?

Listen, don't you think it's weird that we did not have "fake news" until we had a fake president with fake hair, fake teeth, fake tan, fake health record, a fake business record, mail order bride with fake everything, a fake university and kids with fake job success?

Don't you find this just a little fishy?

Remember when everyone agreed IF there was spying it would be bad. But it was a CT to even think the administration did

Now we know that not only was the spying going on, it was coming directly from the top(Obama). However, the media and democrats don't seem to think they have done anything wrong.

LOL, so the caravans dissolved because of “social distancing?” That article was from March of 2019. I already know how you’ll try to play off your missing of that little detail.
It’ll be some trite generalization about the meaning of the term social distancing outside of the context of the current pandemic. Perfectly predictable stuff - but transparent bullshit nonetheless.
Wow, you really are dense. I should have known better to think that you would have actually picked up on humor, but nope, it just flew right over your head, just like the entire point of this discussion.
The fact is that migrant caravans fell off the map in late late 2018 early 2019 because they largely stopped happening. You missed that fact because you just went all in on your confirmation bias and didn’t bother to question your own assumptions. That’s a really bad habit to have. Try to do better.
Again, as a simpleton, you missed the detail that the right wing noise machine stopped hyping migrant caravans after the midterm elections in 2018. The imminent danger just disappeared. It had nothing to do with the migrant caravans actually stopping, they were happening for quite some time before the right wing media discovered them. It was more like they were not politically useful anymore.

In fact, there are not just one, but two migrant caravans headed north as we speak. Will somebody stop this invasion full of rapists that are raping at levels that nobody has ever seen before? What about all those "unknown Middle Easterners" that were supposedly mixed in?

Can we keep doing this so that you can keep getting more details wrong and I can make even more arguments that will whoosh right over your head? Thanks for helping me articulate these points further though. Try harder next time.

If what Flynn lied about was grounds for getting Flynn fired, why did the FBI need to get him to lie to them about it to get him fired? The FBI already knew what Flynn had talked about at the time they interviewed him. Why didn't they punish him based on this knowledge of what Flynn had done?
"Why doesn't the FBI go out of their way to coddle subjects while they are being investigated?"

You're really engaging in some mental gymnastics here to try and excuse Flynn's moronic and illegal behavior.

"Why doesn't the FBI go out of their way to coddle subjects while they are being investigated?"

You're really engaging in some mental gymnastics here to try and excuse Flynn's moronic and illegal behavior.

You should read this

Additionally, prior to the interview, there were internal FBI discussions about whether to show Mr. Flynn the transcripts of his calls with Mr. Kislyak.5 In light of the fact that the FBI already had these transcripts in its possessions, Mr. Flynn’s answers would have shed no light on whether and what he communicated with Mr. Kislyak.—and those issues were immaterial to the no longer justifiably predicated counterintelligence investigation. Similarly, whether Mr. Flynn did or “did not recall” (ECF No. 1) communications already known by the FBI was assuredly not material.

Under these circumstances, the Government cannot explain, much less prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt, how false statements are “material” to an investigation that—as explained above—seems to have been undertaken only to elicit those very false statements and thereby criminalize Mr. Flynn. Although it does not matter that the FBI knew the truth and therefore was not deceived by Mr. Flynn’s statements, see United States v. Safavian, 649 F.3d 688, 691-92 (D.C. Cir. 2011), a false statement must still “be capable of influencing an agency function or decision,” United States v. Moore, 612 F.3d 698, 702 (D.C. Cir. 2010) (citations and quotation mark omitted). Even if he told the truth, Mr. Flynn’s statements could not have conceivably “influenced” an investigation that had neither a legitimate counterintelligence nor criminal purpose. See United States v. Mancuso, 485 F.2d 275, 281 (2d Cir. 1973) (“Neither the answer he in fact gave nor the truth he allegedly concealed could have impeded or furthered the investigation.”); cf. United States v. Hansen, 772 F.2d 940, 949 (D.C. Cir. 1985) (noting that a lie can be material absent an existing investigation so long as it might “influenc[e] the possibility that an investigation might commence.”). Accordingly, a review of the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information, indicates that Mr. Flynn’s statements were never “material” to any FBI investigation.6

Why do you support government actors, paid with your and my tax dollars, trying to get American citizens to lie to them so that the government can punish us for lying to the people we pay to serve us?

Trump is so dense Graham has to remind him that this could go bad for trump

Wow, you really are dense. I should have known better to think that you would have actually picked up on humor, but nope, it just flew right over your head, just like the entire point of this discussion.

Again, as a simpleton, you missed the detail that the right wing noise machine stopped hyping migrant caravans after the midterm elections in 2018. The imminent danger just disappeared. It had nothing to do with the migrant caravans actually stopping, they were happening for quite some time before the right wing media discovered them. It was more like they were not politically useful anymore.

In fact, there are not just one, but two migrant caravans headed north as we speak. Will somebody stop this invasion full of rapists that are raping at levels that nobody has ever seen before? What about all those "unknown Middle Easterners" that were supposedly mixed in?

Can we keep doing this so that you can keep getting more details wrong and I can make even more arguments that will whoosh right over your head? Thanks for helping me articulate these points further though. Try harder next time.

Just gonna totally ignore that article from March 2019 (4 months after the 2018 election) huh? That’s the time frame your post called into question. Your CT was about that particular period after the midterms and is just complete confirmation bias bull shit.

I get that you’re trying to salvage your rep by clinging to any subsequent attempt at forming a caravan including the ones you say are currently happening. Predictably you’re leaving out the part where the Mexican government immediately broke the first one up and that it is not currently happening. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/world/americas/migrant-caravan-mexico.amp.html

Shall we do a deeper dive into that second one you posted? We can but I think you won’t like the results.

Fact is, even these straw-grasping examples you’re tossing out only confirm the point I’ve been generously trying to help you with. Migrant caravans fell off the map because they just aren’t happening.

Why do you support government actors, paid with your and my tax dollars, trying to get American citizens to lie to them so that the government can punish us for lying to the people we pay to serve us?

This happens all the time. Look at the case against Mayor Berry, the ABSCAM sting and how Clinton was blind sided about lewinsky when being questioned about an unrelated financial matter. This is how it is done and happens all the time. He lied and plead guilty to doing it. Just because he got off doesn't mean Flynn isn't a POS.

This happens all the time. Look at the case against Mayor Berry, the ABSCAM sting and how Clinton was blind sided about lewinsky when being questioned about an unrelated financial matter. This is how it is done and happens all the time. He lied and plead guilty to doing it. Just because he got off doesn't mean Flynn isn't a POS.

"All the time" and your example is something that happened over 20 years ago?

You should read this

I read it, it's a garbage legal filing. Literally pro-corruption and full of awful legal arguments, which is why nobody in the actual DOJ would sign it (Barr had to get an interim US Attorney to file it) and the judge actually appointed a third party to examine the case.

Lots of effort going on here to excuse very obvious political interference with the legal process. Would you have been okay if Nixon's AG or Deputy AG would have fired special prosector Archibald Cox in order to cover up Watergate? This is exactly how far the Republican party has fallen. It's disgraceful.

I read it, it's a garbage legal filing. Literally pro-corruption and full of awful legal arguments, which is why nobody in the actual DOJ would sign it (Barr had to get an interim US Attorney to file it) and the judge actually appointed a third party to examine the case.

Lots of effort going on here to excuse very obvious political interference with the legal process. Would you have been okay if Nixon's AG or Deputy AG would have fired special prosector Archibald Cox in order to cover up Watergate? This is exactly how far the Republican party has fallen. It's disgraceful.

You're dodging a very simple question I asked you: Why do you support government actors, paid with your and my tax dollars, trying to get American citizens to lie to them so that the government can punish us for lying to the people we pay to serve us? How are these government actors serving our interests by engaging in such behavior?

"All the time" and your example is something that happened over 20 years ago?

Yes, it happens all the time, you live under a rock or something? I suggest going to AltaVista or your favorite search engine and type in "FBI Sting" and see what comes up.

From today:
"The FBI brought weapons charges Wednesday following a New York City sting operation against two men, one of whom espoused racist and anti-Semitic views on social media and had been acquiring tactical military gear, authorities said."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/fbi-c...eapons-sting-following-pro-nazi-online-posts/

Another example:

Another example:
"The latest online sting operation by the FBI has resulted in 24 arrests. It started two years ago with the FBI setting up its own forum for ‘carders’ – people who buy and sell stolen credit card information."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1361372312700672

Yes, it happens all the time, you live under a rock or something? I suggest going to AltaVista or your favorite search engine and type in "FBI Sting" and see what comes up.

From today:
"The FBI brought weapons charges Wednesday following a New York City sting operation against two men, one of whom espoused racist and anti-Semitic views on social media and had been acquiring tactical military gear, authorities said."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/fbi-c...eapons-sting-following-pro-nazi-online-posts/

Another example:

Another example:
"The latest online sting operation by the FBI has resulted in 24 arrests. It started two years ago with the FBI setting up its own forum for ‘carders’ – people who buy and sell stolen credit card information."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1361372312700672

Were the people in your stories targeted for doing anything besides lying, or was it like the Flynn case where the only unethical behavior they did was lie? If the former, what were the unethical behaviors the perps did that motivated law enforcement to try to get them to lie?

Just gonna totally ignore that article from March 2019 (4 months after the 2018 election) huh? That’s the time frame your post called into question. Your CT was about that particular period after the midterms and is just complete confirmation bias bull shit.
So you're just gonna totally ignore my article that points out that Trump and right wing media stopped hyping migrant caravans literally right after the election?

What about this article:
The pro-Trump media ecosystem helped amplify that message.

According to an analysis by the watchdog group Media Matters, Fox News spent more than 33 hours discussing the caravan ahead of Election Day.

But a funny thing happened as soon as the voting was over: the caravan kept marching north, but talk of it disappeared.
Or this one:
Since November 6 -- 8 days and counting -- Trump hasn't mentioned the so-called caravan once in a tweet. He has used the word "border" a single time -- in a tweet on November 9 in which Trump tweeted out a link to a "Presidential Proclamation Addressing Mass Migration Through the Southern Border of the United States" that said, essentially, that he was trying to push people entering the country illegally to specified ports of entry.
That discrepancy between Trump's rhetoric in the runup to the election and his rhetoric after it exposes, beyond a shadow of a doubt, what most neutral observers initially suspected: That Trump's decision to seize on the caravan of migrants making their way across Mexico in hopes of entering the United States was 100% a political ploy to rev up his base.
I get that you’re trying to salvage your rep by clinging to any subsequent attempt at forming a caravan including the ones you say are currently happening. Predictably you’re leaving out the part where the Mexican government immediately broke the first one up and that it is not currently happening. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/world/americas/migrant-caravan-mexico.amp.html
That's awesome, armed troops beating up on immigrants. That totally helps your claim that these migrant caravans don't exist anymore, which is based on your one article. Trump level of winning going on right here!!! Confirmation bias!!!!

Shall we do a deeper dive into that second one you posted? We can but I think you won’t like the results.
Sure, let's do a deeper dive on the issue of migrant caravans. I'm sure your education from Fox News and Prison Planet is going to adequately prepare you to discuss how the sausage is made.

Within a few hours, articles appeared on the websites of two of America’s most extreme anti-immigrant activist organizations: Numbers USA and the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS). The far right’s interest—or, rather, intolerance—had been piqued, and Breitbart News posted its own storythat night, repeating the word “caravan,” and warning of an imminent invasion: “Caravan of 1,500 Central American Immigrant Families Crossing Mexico to Reach U.S. Border.” As the hours ticked by, and the original refugee story faded away, excitement over the “caravan” began to spread deeper into the murk of the online alt-right, and the following day, March 31st, a handful of leading white supremacists joined the cause with a new, common goal: getting Trump to take action.

Fact is, even these straw-grasping examples you’re tossing out only confirm the point I’ve been generously trying to help you with. Migrant caravans fell off the map because they just aren’t happening.
Yeah right, Hero President Trump ended the threat all by himself. You wing nuts are fucking terrible at bluffing.

But please, keep prattling on about confirmation bias, that was entertaining.

Were the people in your stories targeted for doing anything besides lying, or was it like the Flynn case where the only unethical behavior they did was lie? If the former, what were the unethical behaviors the perps did that motivated law enforcement to try to get them to lie?

I gave you numerous examples of stings and set ups by the FBI. This stuff happens all the time. Clinton was targeted for financial investigation and the only thing pinned on him was lying. Just type out "FBI sting" into a search engine and you will find all the examples you could ask for.

Flynn is a lying POS. I have no idea why people from the right fall all over themselves trying to pain him a victim. Don't believe everything you hear on Fox.

Ever wonder if Obamagate is a way of distracting people from the administration's disorganized response to the pandemic?

Back