Wild how many of you wrote off bo nickel, for no reason really..

Combined amateur and pro, Nickal is 8-0 with 8 finishes, 7 in the first round.
Maybe it's him adjusting to the bright lights, and/or him still needing to learn, but with his nearly supreme ability to dictate position, I did expect him to be a bit sharper with setting up and executing the more wrestler-friendly type submissions, like arm triangles and d'arces.

UFC 225
Welterweight
Final
2796_1JeFyQ_96x96.png
CMPunk
MikeJackson
0 - 1 - 0 , 1NC
1 - 2 - 0 , 1NC
2751_9SGG6w_96x96.png
Draw · Overturned · R3 05:00

The Bo Nickal hate is weird on this site, he's only had a few bouts and essentially still an amateur that's why he's currently fighting opponents of his caliber. It wasn't a bad performance & he finished. He's got a lot more to learn when it comes to MMA, but singular skill is pretty elite and he isn't stubborn to add weapons to his already great base.
"hate" is a strong word but the bo nickal agenda being shoved down our throats is pretty gruesome so it makes sense

The Bo Nickal hate is weird on this site, he's only had a few bouts and essentially still an amateur that's why he's currently fighting opponents of his caliber. It wasn't a bad performance & he finished. He's got a lot more to learn when it comes to MMA, but singular skill is pretty elite and he isn't stubborn to add weapons to his already great base.
Have you missed the parts where he’s said he would beat every UFC MW champion in the last few years?

You clearly have. Or, you’re dishonest?

You don’t get passes to talk shit about the elite of the division. While accepting your most recent fight with a guy that is NOT and will NEVER be ranked in the top 20 in the world.

It’s simple..

Put up, or shut up.

If he wasn't selling something we all know isn't true, facilitating the backlash, people wouldn't be so hard on him. He's not a top fighter, no matter what he claims, but he does have potential to become one.

Bo has potential and coming along ok. He just boasts a bit much for the level of competition he chooses. Fine fight Khamzat would love to see it. Think Bo’s chances ok if he can avoid getting hit early. Bo wrestling would wear down Khamzat and dull striking longer it goes. Anyway Bo could be stepping up to a mid tier challenge soon which is about where he should. No need to rush level of competition but temper the boasting

Have you missed the parts where he’s said he would beat every UFC MW champion in the last few years?

You clearly have. Or, you’re dishonest?

You don’t get passes to talk shit about the elite of the division. While accepting your most recent fight with a guy that is NOT and will NEVER be ranked in the top 20 in the world.

It’s simple..

Put up, or shut up.

I probably missed it, I'm not a hardcore MMA fan anymore I've turned casual and only mainly pay attention to fighters skills, not what they so or say. I just watch for fights because tha's what got me into the sport and interested in.

If people are going to dislike him for being arrogant then thats's fine, nothing wrong with thst. I just find it weird when people disparage his skills or look down on it, when clearly the man is talented but still amateur with a lot more to learn.

Back