Are stereotypes about your country true?

Korea is just a second rate Japan.

That's actually true. Japan is a cleaner, politer, quieter, high quality, more carefully planned out version of Korea. Honestly it's also more interesting as well.

That's actually true. Japan is a cleaner, politer, quieter, high quality, more carefully planned out version of Korea. Honestly it's also more interesting as well.
Idk. Don't throw Korea under the bus. You guys got your own warring period/3 kingdoms shit. That's interesting af.

frou frou
what does frou frou means?

BTW.. Tango is pretty underground here and our "artists" are amongst the worst people in the world.
They are so full of shit.. they think that they are better than everybody else.

Now that I recall.. Argentinians have a self entitled fame around mercosur... and that is pretty spot on if you meet people from art scene.

I am from Canada and all the steriotypes are actually true. And I mean painfully true. (maybe not in the middle of the big cities where it is mostly new immigrants and such, but absolutely every where else)

beat me to it.

The "everyone is nice in Canada" is bullshit. THere is a lot passive aggressive bullshit.

I dig this thread a lot, but comparisons will lead to trifle...

Jus sayin.

I live in the US and there are too many stereotypes to count. One that bothers me is that all Americans are fat and eat cheeseburgers everyday.

Seems to me that in the past decade being fit and eating healthy has become hugely popular in the states. As it should.

Cant tell

If he said no to violence and "racism" then i dont think he is

But the symptoms of a finn are there lol

I take it he says yes to alcoholism and racism and no to violence.. could also just be the broken english.. :)

what does frou frou means?

BTW.. Tango is pretty underground here and our "artists" are amongst the worst people in the world.
They are so full of shit.. they think that they are better than everybody else.

Now that I recall.. Argentinians have a self entitled fame around mercosur... and that is pretty spot on if you meet people from art scene.
Frou frou is an expression that covers a multitude of sins, it's mincing, prancing, pretentious, frilly, showy, flamboyant, hoity-toity, theatrical, artificial affectations and snobbery rolled into one.
Here are some visual representations:

tumblr_mop4zfzzrl1s6zs21o1_1280.jpg
Frou frou

a89c6f9640f9f01fdfa222a904b30a53--rococo-fashion-d-fashion.jpg
Feeling so frou frou!

marieantoinette.jpg
Frou frou having fun, spinning around dreaming of lavender baths and shooting peasants.

Thanks for your answer, and for not being insulted lol :p and i agree, tango 'artistes' are some of the very worst people in the world! Love the music though, shame about the people.

We have 2 colors.. white and black. No such things as muricans that separate between asians, caucastics, black, latino, etc... wtf is that?

Maradona is white as far as I know.

Also "negro" is not a racist word here. You always call the darkest guy in the group "negro" and is all cool.

Are you forgetting "gente indígena"?
I won't judge all argentinos, but porteños are racist and stuck up. (For the most part).

"Los argentinos son presumidos" is a very commonly heard expression throughout Spanish speaking America.

I have a small hotel and, everyday, I talk to people from all over the world.

Of course there are exceptions but, generally, most of what has been mentioned here is true. I'll add a couple of things:

The French love to complain-about anything.

Danes are laid back and don't seem to get excited about much.

Uruguayans are usually quite cool and good for a chat- and they always drink mate.

Last edited:
so are you arguing against their interpretation or the concept of whiteness in general?
Americans are obsessed with "race" and "whiteness" and recently I am reading all over the net that only people of Germanic origins are white.
The rest of the world doesn't give a shit. You appear white? You are white. Fuck your one drop because literally nobody gives a shit.

Americans are obsessed with "race" and "whiteness" and recently I am reading all over the net that only people of Germanic origins are white.
The rest of the world doesn't give a shit. You appear white? You are white. Fuck your one drop because literally nobody gives a shit.
Pretty much.

Are you forgetting "gente indígena"?
I won't judge all argentinos, but porteños are racist and suck up. (For the most part).

"Los argentinos son presumidos" is a very commonly heard expression throughout Spanish speaking America.

I have a small hotel and, everyday, I talk to people from all over the world.

Of course there are exceptions but, generally, most of what has been mentioned here is true. I'll add a couple of things:

The French love to complain-about anything.

Danes are laid back and don't seem to get excited about much.

Uruguayans are usually quite cool and good for a chat- and they always drink mate.
Yeah.. indigenas are just white for us.

I grew up in Buenos Aires (the province, biggest in the country, 14M population I think) and half of my friends were native. I never saw them as black or anything different than white.

For us growing up black people were the one we watched on TV like Apolo Creed or something lmao.
In the last years a lot of immigration came from Senegal and african countries and we have genuine black people here. 99% of people dont mind about them. I remember last year an episode with a lady saying racist shit to a black man in the street that got filmed and went viral.
Police threat them like shit too.. but police are barely humans.

I have been living in the city (became porteño lol) for the last 10 years and its different. Bunch of old people are racist as fuck... specially the ones with money. But they are a dying breed.
Young people does not care much. In that sense we have evolved a lot in the last 20 years or so.

Discrimination here is against poor people... bolivian, peruvian and paraguayan get hate because of that.. but it does not make difference for a blonde kid who is poor too.

About being cocky (presumidos) that is kind of true. It depends a lot too and I think we have improved that. But hey, dont tell anybody here that Ronaldo is better than Messi or Pele better than Maradona. SMH. Soccer is cancer.

And you are spot on Uruguaians. They are the coolest people on earth. They drink mate in the supermarket while buying.

Off topic: Where do you have your hotel?

So, I would say there are a lot of stereotypes about Russia. I will tackle some, remind me of others if I forget them.
Russians drink more than anyone else - false. We drink a lot, maybe in top 10 drinking countries, but not #1.
Bears on the streets - bullshit, sadly.
Nuclear reactors everywhere - partly true, big portion of our electricity are produced by atomic stations, and we had a working reactor in our university.
Russians are racist - not exactly, but we are very 'politically incorrect'. For example, russian word негр which translates "a negro" means "black guy", not an insult.
Russians are agressive - false. Certain groups of uneducated people are, but certain groups of people with bad manners exist in every nation.
Russian women are hot - many are, though some part of our women dont really look after themselves and look like typical тётка (hag).
Russians are bad tourists - yeah, many are. On par with chavs I would say.

Yeah.. indigenas are just white for us.

I grew up in Buenos Aires (the province, biggest in the country, 14M population I think) and half of my friends were native. I never saw them as black or anything different than white.

For us growing up black people were the one we watched on TV like Apolo Creed or something lmao.
In the last years a lot of immigration came from Senegal and african countries and we have genuine black people here. 99% of people dont mind about them. I remember last year an episode with a lady saying racist shit to a black man in the street that got filmed and went viral.
Police threat them like shit too.. but police are barely humans.

I have been living in the city (became porteño lol) for the last 10 years and its different. Bunch of old people are racist as fuck... specially the ones with money. But they are a dying breed.
Young people does not care much. In that sense we have evolved a lot in the last 20 years or so.

Discrimination here is against poor people... bolivian, peruvian and paraguayan get hate because of that.. but it does not make difference for a blonde kid who is poor too.

About being cocky (presumidos) that is kind of true. It depends a lot too and I think we have improved that. But hey, dont tell anybody here that Ronaldo is better than Messi or Pele better than Maradona. SMH. Soccer is cancer.

And you are spot on Uruguaians. They are the coolest people on earth. They drink mate in the supermarket while buying.

Off topic: Where do you have your hotel?

En la Patagonia, lado chileno.

Back