Am i missing something?

The one who is undeserving is jones. He’s only ever fought once at heavyweight, beating Gane who wasn’t even a champion.

Aspinall is the proven best heavyweight in the world. He’s the true champ. Hence why jones is avoiding him.

What in the fuck lmao....

Proven to be the best HW for beating Tybura and Sergei? Lmfao ....

Sheesh...did we forget Jones is the undefeated LHW champion lol ..he hasnt lost since getting himself DQ'd

Beating Gane in 20 seconds in his HW debut trumps anything Tom has done..

Dont be this dumb please...
Aspinall beat Pavlovic in 1:09 seconds by ko. Pavlovic had a 18-1 record at the time, on a 6 fight ko win streak. All in round 1.

Cyril Gane was on a 1 fight win streak, already lost and was exposed in his title fight, and has half of Pavlovic pro experience.

That win alone is better for Tom than Jones. And then we get into Aspinall’s full time heavyweight career and Jones is just a grain of sand.

He wasn't the favorite according to many giddy Sherdoggers. Also how about that incredible wrestling Aspinall has shown us? He'd stop Jones FOR SURE lol
I don't know if Aspinall woould win. I think Jones will probably beat him. That is not the point at all.

The answer to your question is hate.

Jones haters want Jones to lose and they know Stipe wont beat Jones and the idea of Jones beating Stipe and riding off into the sunset terrifies them. Aspinall won't beat Jones but hes younger and in his peak so they've convinced themselves Aspinall will win. They can't do that with Stipe. So they are angry.
No one is terrified. Let him go into the sunset right now. If he don't wanna fight real guys step out of the way, give up the belt and let the div move on.

No one is terrified. Let him go into the sunset right now. If he don't wanna fight real guys step out of the way, give up the belt and let the div move on.

Okey dokey high hater of Jones.

"why should Jones cut the agreement for Aspinall,"

Because aspinal is the interrim champ.
Because Stipe lost his right to fight for a championship when he had 4 fights in 6 years, and lost 2 of them.
Because the fight with Stipe was a choice taken to fight an opponent that is old, and losing 50% of his recent fights.
Because Jon vs Stipe is no longer relevant. No matter who wins, there will either be a rematch, or they will probably both retire. Leaving us with a new HW champ that never beat the "real" HW champ.

This write-up is 4 months old, so add 4 months more to anything said -

"Since there has been a lot of talk recently as Tom has been voicing his displeasure with Stipe refusing to fight him, I decided to check into some things and found some interesting facts that put into perspective just how long Stipe has been inactive.

So, since the last time Stipe Miocic fought:

1.) Francis Ngannou defended his title against Gane, had major knee surgery, sat out over a year, signed with a different promotion, boxed Tyson Fury, and will now box AJ.

2.) Derrick Lewis fought 8 times. Kevin Holland fought 9 times.

3.) Alex Pereira made his UFC debut, won a belt, lost the belt, changed divisions, and won a belt again.

4.) Gregor Gillespie fought.

And finally, Stipe’s last win was August 15,2020 (1,255 days ago). At that time, the following fighters had not yet made their UFC debut:

Alex Periera, Jailton Almeida, Shavkat Rakhmanov, Benoit Saint Denis, Ian Garry..

Jiri Prochazka and Tom Aspinall made their debut the month before Stipe’s last win.

As of now, we know that Stipe declined to fight Tom at UFC 300 in April. Jones is out for several more months, at minimum, so it seems as if Stipe will end up getting his title fight in the summer, at the soonest.

At that point, he will be over 4 years without a win and will have one of the longest periods of inactivity prior to a title shot in the history of the UFC. What is everyone’s opinion on how this should be handled by the UFC?"

That is not how this works. Just because I become interim champ in my office does not mean previous agreements are null and void. Relevant is an opinion, Stipe is still the greatest HW champion in the UFC. Aspinall is a kid who lost to Blaydes. He has no leverage for anything outside of becoming interim champ after a fight was already agreed upon and whining about his place on the line.

The definition of A UFC Interim Champion is essentially a temporary champion who holds a belt that looks identical to the UFC Championship. Each weight class will typically have one champion, other than those that have an interim champion and the idea is to keep the division moving until the champion can become active once again.

He can keep it moving by fighting Blaydes, the fighter he lost too. No where does it say they have the next shot or that the real champion must break an agreement to accommodate an interim belt. No where does it say that the interim belt null and voids other fights ahead of him and previous contractual agreements. Again Dana never offered Stipe the Aspinall fight and that is a fact, so again your issue is with the UFC and Dana. Stipe is busy getting ready to fight Jones and that is what he agreed to do. Both are two of the greatest to fight in the UFC and that is what they agreed to fight.

Last edited:
Some of us have been wanting to see this fight for many years now

Of course you have.

You need many years of MMA lore to find this fight interesting in 2024.

Nobody has been waiting all summer, or a year for this fight. They've been waiting many years.

It's expired and uninteresting in the current landscape of MMA.

I'm sure Tom is the guy to beat Jones right? Just like Gane was and is the Future of the HW division and there's no way Jones will beat him ..hes too small to compete with such a big HW ..ETC...
You wouldn't have to speculate if Jones did what champs are supposed to do and fight the contenders lined up behind him. Instead, he was given Gane (who's weaknesses line up perfectly with Jones' abilities), is refusing to fight anyone but a retired former champion, and is now trying to fight a much lighter fighter who may have the same weaknesses as Gane.

He'll literally do anything to avoid defending against the actual HW contenders.

Because Jones fighting Stipe is only slightly better then Conor punching that old man at the bar.

That is not how this works. Jones had a previous agreement with Stipe to fight, and he is honoring that decision. The fight would have already been held had jones not gotten hurt. Just because I become interim champ in my office does not mean previous agreements are null and void. Relevant is an opinion, Stipe is still the greatest HW champion in the UFC. Aspinall is a little boy who lost to Blaydes. He has no levarage for anytjhing outside of becoming interim chanp after a fight was already agreed upon and whinning about his place on the line. This happens in the fight game and sadly it happens in life. Jones got injured and he is out for a long extended amount of time. Aspinall was no where in the equation when the fight was perviously made and was not worth the UFC 'stime of being the backup to Stipe because he was behind Blaydes in the HW division after his pathetic loss to Blaydes. So your push that Jones wanted the easiest fight or that he was ducking Aspinall by fighting Stipe was incorrect because Aspinall was no where in sight. He was not worth the time of the UFC to even make him a backup and not worth the time of jones to think about when he made the deal with Stipe.

Your issue is with the UFC because jones owes that little kid nothing, Why should jones break an agreement for some little kid trying to get his comeupance. It is not jones job to promote or advocate for that kid, being interim means shit.

The definition of A UFC Interim Champion is essentially a temporary champion who holds a belt that looks identical to the UFC Championship. Each weight class will typically have one champion, other than those that have an interim champion and the idea is to keep the division moving until the champion can become active once again.

He can keep it moving by fighting Blaydes, the fighter he lost too. No where does it say they have the next shot or that the real champion must break an agreement to accommodate a fake belt. Jones will be active again after his fight with Stipe, Aspinall can wait.
Yes, back then Stipe was a relevant fight. Back then.

Jones, or any other champ, does NOT decide who they fight. That is why there are rankings.Jones is getting special treatment, we all know that.

The interrim belt is not fake. It is ment to symbolize a "temporary" champion while the "real" champion sits out. I don't think there has ever been an interrim champ that did not fight the champ when he returned. I might be wrong though. It is the UFC circus so anything is possible.

And again - you want the nr.1 contender to fight other people, risking his chance of fighting for the championship. If the contender loses, that means he will have to have 2-3 more wins to get back in contention.

If we use your logic, Jon and/or stipe can keep getting hurt, and Jon will be champ untill the day he dies because they wont fight anyone but each other. And in that case, using your logic again, you would support it, because they made a deal 20+ years ago, so why should they break that deal?

It is as it is because Jon is getting special treatment. Any other champ that was that inactive, or popped for steroids that many times, would have been stripped of their belt. Hell, even Conor was stripped of his belt because of inactivity. Nicco Montano was stripped for getting hospitalizd during weightcut. Mir was stripped because he was in an accident.

And that you cal Aspinall a little kid more or less shows that you are not objective at all.

Of course you have.

You need many years of MMA lore to find this fight interesting in 2024.

Nobody has been waiting all summer, or a year for this fight. They've been waiting many years.

It's expired and uninteresting in the current landscape of MMA.

Yes, back then Stipe was a relevant fight. Back then.

Jones, or any other champ, does NOT decide who they fight. That is why there are rankings.Jones is getting special treatment, we all know that.

The interrim belt is not fake. It is ment to symbolize a "temporary" champion while the "real" champion sits out. I don't think there has ever been an interrim champ that did not fight the champ when he returned. I might be wrong though. It is the UFC circus so anything is possible.

And again - you want the nr.1 contender to fight other people, risking his chance of fighting for the championship. If the contender loses, that means he will have to have 2-3 more wins to get back in contention.

If we use your logic, Jon and/or stipe can keep getting hurt, and Jon will be champ untill the day he dies because they wont fight anyone but each other. And in that case, using your logic again, you would support it, because they made a deal 20+ years ago, so why should they break that deal?

It is as it is because Jon is getting special treatment. Any other champ that was that inactive, or popped for steroids that many times, would have been stripped of their belt. Hell, even Conor was stripped of his belt because of inactivity. Nicco Montano was stripped for getting hospitalizd during weightcut. Mir was stripped because he was in an accident.

You are going on a tangent, stay on topic. Your comment about jones popping is not what we are talking about. Take that to your "I hate jon jones AA meetings". It is not relevant.

Jon is not getting anything outside of what he agreed upon. He is fighting the individual that he agreed to fight before Aspinall was even thought to be an actual top fighter worth Jones actual time. Aspinall is whining like a child about a contract he wants broken because he is now interim champ. That is not the fault of jones and it i s not jon jones job to bail out or break contracts for some kid. Who the hell breaks a contract for another fighter because he is whining about his place in line.

If you want jon jones stripped because he is injured that is fine but that is a UFC thing and not jon jones. Cry to Dana for not strpping jones becaue of his injury, Do not come on here and blast jones for not accomodating some little pussies crying on sherdog about what they want to see or some whinny interim champ.

Last edited:
People hate Jon and are convinced Tom beats him.

giphy.gif

You are going on a tangent, stay on topic. Your comment about jones popping is not what we are talking about. Take that to your "I hate jon jones AA meetings". It is not relevant.

Jon is not getting anything outside of what he agreed upon. He is fighting the individual that he agreed to fight before Aspinall was even thought to be an actual top fighter worth Jones actual time. Aspinall is whining like a child about a contract he wants broken because he is now interim champ. That is not the fault of jones and it i s not jon jones job to bail out or break contracts for some kid. Who the hell breaks a contract for another fighter because he is whining about his place in line.

If you want jon jones stripped because he is injured that is fine but that is a UFC thing and not jon jones. Cry to Dana for not strpping jones becaue of his injury, Do not come on here and blast jones for not accomodating some little pussies crying on sherdog about what they want to see or some whinny interim champ.
You are so un-objective, and such a big Jones fan, which I did not realise untill this unhinged drivel you just wrote, that this debate is a waste of time.

Just out of curiosity - how many years would you accept Jon and Stipe to wait for eachother to be ready to fight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back