Am i missing something?

Why exactly? He beat Gane who wasn't the champ. He's not any more credible of a champion than Aspinall and Stipe hasn't won a fight in 4 years so why exactly does that fight need to happen? We need to figure out who the best fighter in the UFC is and Jones v Aspinall would solve that.

Gane was the "most skilled HW ever"

Jones beat him and they turned on Gane right away saying he wasn't a "real HW".

If Jones beats Aspinall the same thing will happen. They will turn on Aspinall immediately.

I agree with all of that, but the issue is whether the winner of Jones/Stipe will fight Aspinall.

If not, is there even a point to Jones vs. Stipe?

Is it just an opportunity for one of them to walk off into the sunset?

If that’s the case.. then might as well just acknowledge that Aspinall is HW Champ since he’s the only one who will still be fighting.

We need to have a MEGA-BET on any Jones-Aspinall fight. My guess is that JBJ would finish him in 3 rounds or less. Hate blinds people. Many stars in many fields of endeavor are awful human beings. I only care about their music, their policies, their touchdowns or their fights and I don't care about the TMZ side of their lives.

I thought you didn't like cha.ps cherry-picking fights, TS? Oh but it's Jones so he can do what he wants, even if what he wants is to fight a guy coming off a 3 year layoff, coming off a violent knockout loss, who hasn't been training and is on the wrong side of 40.

If you can't see why people might not like that - you're fucking blind.

We need to have a MEGA-BET on any Jones-Aspinall fight. My guess is that JBJ would finish him in 3 rounds or less. Hate blinds people. Many stars in many fields of endeavor are awful human beings. I only care about their music, their policies, their touchdowns or their fights and I don't care about the TMZ side of their lives.
Why would we bet on a fight that isnt going to happen.

Also there is no way to seperate Jones' private life from the ring. Unless you just go into hibernation mode during his multiple long suspensions

The irony of this shit.

Why does it matter what stipe once did if he's clearly not that guy anymore? And all he did was be slightly better than the other champs by beating the record of a whopping 2 defences. So he's the "GOAT" by default on a technicality, because someone has to be. Not because he was anything special.

What does this fight even determine?

Yea he "rocked" ngannou just like lyoto rocked Jones & MJ rocked khabib.
He looked like shit against DC too. 2 brutal KO losses in 4 fights, 4 years off, and you're saying that doesn't mean anything. Jesus christ. So when do heavyweights start declining?

Lmao...u emotional little guy lol

Who did jones beat to rustle your jimmies ...? Be honest ..

If it was so easy then why hasnt any other UFC HW done it before or after Stipe? ... apparently he's so ahit..yet no1 in the history of UFC could do what he did...

And who has Tom beat to be worthy of fighting Jones....sergei? Lol... Tybura? ...lmfao ...

Here u are trying to shit on Stipe...who is Tom Aspinall really? .. he's literally only an interim champion because Jones hurt himself if he didnt he would of probably fought on last weekends fight night card against lewis....

Sorry what? Rewatching that fight doesn’t help me with what?

Well sure, Tom doesn’t have Stipe’s record in comparison, not many people do. Not sure if anyone claimed he did but I didn’t. Years away from the sport means a lot, not sure where you’re getting that from. And at that age if you don’t fight for that long then it’s hardly a wild claim to call it a retirement. Pretty sure Stipe has said words to that effect?

And if anyone ever called Gane the future of the division and too big for Jones take the piss out of them then. I’ve never claimed such bollocks. Not sure you’ve responded to anything I said at all :)

90% of the forum claimed it to be so that Gane was the one to kill Jones .... I see many of the same posters swinging on Tom's nuts now ...

Maybe not u perhaps ...but Stipe vs Jones is the better fight IMO..

I thought you didn't like cha.ps cherry-picking fights, TS? Oh but it's Jones so he can do what he wants, even if what he wants is to fight a guy coming off a 3 year layoff, coming off a violent knockout loss, who hasn't been training and is on the wrong side of 40.

If you can't see why people might not like that - you're fucking blind.

Jones is a cheating P.o.S ...

That has nothing to do with this situation lol ..

Hes not cherry picking anything...he wants to fight the fight he was preparing for when he got hurt ...thats a perfectly normal thing to do..

And without a doubt i can almost guarantee if Jones abandoned the Stipe fight and went for Tom post injury...i can almost see the threads on how Jones Faked his injury so he didnt have to fight Stipe and he went for the inexperienced Tom ...

Just like when Gane got little brother'd in 20 seconds...all the sudden Gane became a can on here

Lmao...u emotional little guy lol

Who did jones beat to rustle your jimmies ...? Be honest ..

If it was so easy then why hasnt any other UFC HW done it before or after Stipe? ... apparently he's so ahit..yet no1 in the history of UFC could do what he did...

And who has Tom beat to be worthy of fighting Jones....sergei? Lol... Tybura? ...lmfao ...

Here u are trying to shit on Stipe...who is Tom Aspinall really? .. he's literally only an interim champion because Jones hurt himself if he didnt he would of probably fought on last weekends fight night card against lewis....
You're the one who made a thread about it you dolt. Not to mention your endless replies.

Don't know how you made the connection to me hating on Jones but I'm not surprised with how skewed your logic is. I just don't want his last fight to be a complete waste just because stipe had a good past like BJ Penn.

Who is Tom aspinall? He's a guy that would wreck Stipe's geriatric ass quicker than fat DC did.

I like the best current fighters fighting each other but congrats on being one of the idiots this fight caters to because of a ridiculous narrative that doesn't even make sense

Nobody wants to see Stipe vs Jon. What's hard to understand about that?

And nobody accepts defeating Stipe means much at this point.

Tom is the fight at HW.

The Stipe fight has expired.
He's a retired fighter waiting on a JJ payday, and Jon thinks he's going to slip into the goat HW discussion with that win.

Anyone pretending a JJ win over Stipe means much, is likely a sensitive JJ fanboi.

We want the Tom fight.

90% of the forum claimed it to be so that Gane was the one to kill Jones .... I see many of the same posters swinging on Tom's nuts now ...

Maybe not u perhaps ...but Stipe vs Jones is the better fight IMO..
Yeah definitely not me mate, I’ve got eyes and a brain, if you didn’t see Jones easily handling Gane coming then…Sure, big guy and had a chance but it went exactly how I thought it would, easy work for JJ. And c’mon man, no way it was 90%! Jones has a big following here.

And cool, that’s a better fight for you (don’t think you’re crazy with that), I’d prefer Tom as he’s an active HW and the interim champ.

Why the fuck is everyone having such a hard time with this Jon Jones situation...

Its not hard

Jones was the undefeated LHW champion and king...he moved up to HW and destroyed the last title challenger in Gane in under 20 seconds..the same Gane the last HW champion needed 5 rounds to beat...

Jones then wanted to fight Stipe who was the longest reigning HW champion when you consider number of title defenses... And was champion before Ngannou he even beat Ngannou the first time around...with a clinic of type performance after starting off rough...

Unfortunately Jones got injured and the fight that was signed to happen between Stipe and Jones was sidelined ..

The UFC in haste to save a PPV card decided to make a interim title fight with two random Contenders in which tom aspinall won and won impressively..

With all that said .. Jones is still the real champion and there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't fight Stipe next as arranged before the injury and then fight Tom...Tom is there for unification bout and that will happen for sure for his next fight...however... he's next fight isnt Jones...it cant be ...because the Stipe fight is the fight on the table for both Jones and Stipe...they both want it and both have major historical presence in the sport vs "interim" champion Aspinall...

Quite simply put...Tom Aspinall and his fans need to be quiet for abit as the Grown ups/ Big kids ( Jones and Stipe) are talking and playing first...you dont have the strength of schedule.. opponent or historical dominance to be posturing for a fight ahead of Jones vs Stipe...plus Tom has the golden ticket with the interim title no matter what the dude will be fighting for the real title in his next fight...

It is what it is - Max Holloway would agree..so should you
Bro Stipe hasn't fought for over 3 years and got KTFO and is 40. Meanwhile the division has an interim champ who is considered the best and should fight for the title. The only fight that makes sense is Jones vs Aspinall.

Jones vs Stipe would be like Islam vs BJ Penn right now, makes 0 sense...

2u3rn3.gif

Nobody wants to see Stipe vs Jon. What's hard to understand about that?

And nobody accepts defeating Stipe means much at this point.

Tom is the fight at HW.

The Stipe fight has expired.
He's a retired fighter waiting on a JJ payday, and Jon thinks he's going to slip into the goat HW discussion with that win.

Anyone pretending a JJ win over Stipe means much, is likely a sensitive JJ fanboi.

We want the Tom fight.
Speak for yourself

Some of us have been wanting to see this fight for many years now

Why the fuck is everyone having such a hard time with this Jon Jones situation...

Its not hard

Jones was the undefeated LHW champion and king...he moved up to HW and destroyed the last title challenger in Gane in under 20 seconds..the same Gane the last HW champion needed 5 rounds to beat...

Jones then wanted to fight Stipe who was the longest reigning HW champion when you consider number of title defenses... And was champion before Ngannou he even beat Ngannou the first time around...with a clinic of type performance after starting off rough...

Unfortunately Jones got injured and the fight that was signed to happen between Stipe and Jones was sidelined ..

The UFC in haste to save a PPV card decided to make a interim title fight with two random Contenders in which tom aspinall won and won impressively..

With all that said .. Jones is still the real champion and there is absolutely no reason he shouldn't fight Stipe next as arranged before the injury and then fight Tom...Tom is there for unification bout and that will happen for sure for his next fight...however... he's next fight isnt Jones...it cant be ...because the Stipe fight is the fight on the table for both Jones and Stipe...they both want it and both have major historical presence in the sport vs "interim" champion Aspinall...

Quite simply put...Tom Aspinall and his fans need to be quiet for abit as the Grown ups/ Big kids ( Jones and Stipe) are talking and playing first...you dont have the strength of schedule.. opponent or historical dominance to be posturing for a fight ahead of Jones vs Stipe...plus Tom has the golden ticket with the interim title no matter what the dude will be fighting for the real title in his next fight...

It is what it is - Max Holloway would agree..so should you
Do you know what an interrim champ is?

"A UFC Interim Champion is essentially a temporary champion who holds a belt that looks identical to the UFC Championship. Each weight class will typically have one champion, other than those that have an interim champion and the idea is to keep the division moving until the champion can become active once again."

Aspinall is the interrim champ, he is the nr.1 contender, and he should be fighting for the title. It is not that hard to understand.

Besides that - no one is interested in the Stipe fight besides Jon Jones nuthuggers. Stipe has not fought in 3+ years. In the last 6 years, he is 2-2, with both losses coming from K.O's. Stipe is 40+ years old.

Tom is there for unification bout and that will happen for sure for his next fight.

You're missing something here.

"Interim" is a temporary window between 2 points, in this case, the champions departure, and his return. When the champion returns the interim champ ceases to be champ. Usually they'll try to unify, but since they're not, Tom just becomes a contender. This is what happened to Colby and Tony.

That usually pisses the fans off, but that's life.

Bro Stipe hasn't fought for over 3 years and got KTFO and is 40. Meanwhile the division has an interim champ who is considered the best and should fight for the title. The only fight that makes sense is Jones vs Aspinall.

Jones vs Stipe would be like Islam vs BJ Penn right now, makes 0 sense...

Lmfao what? ... Way to go full retard . ..

HW has always had older fighters..this isnt anything new...

Y'all sleeping on Stipe lol

Do you know what an interrim champ is?

"A UFC Interim Champion is essentially a temporary champion who holds a belt that looks identical to the UFC Championship. Each weight class will typically have one champion, other than those that have an interim champion and the idea is to keep the division moving until the champion can become active once again."

Aspinall is the interrim champ, he is the nr.1 contender, and he should be fighting for the title. It is not that hard to understand.

Besides that - no one is interested in the Stipe fight besides Jon Jones nuthuggers. Stipe has not fought in 3+ years. In the last 6 years, he is 2-2, with both losses coming from K.O's. Stipe is 40+ years old.

Jones is a cheating P.o.S ...

That has nothing to do with this situation lol ..

Hes not cherry picking anything...he wants to fight the fight he was preparing for when he got hurt ...thats a perfectly normal thing to do..

And without a doubt i can almost guarantee if Jones abandoned the Stipe fight and went for Tom post injury...i can almost see the threads on how Jones Faked his injury so he didnt have to fight Stipe and he went for the inexperienced Tom ...

Just like when Gane got little brother'd in 20 seconds...all the sudden Gane became a can on here

Interim championship status simply means his next fight is a unification fight ..it doesnt mean you go ahead of anyone, just means the HW title is now disputed.. and will need to be rectified at some point either through combat or vacancy...or if Tom loses , then the belt status is removed ..its a way to keep selling "championship fights" and create angles for future unification bouts...

Both Jones and Stipe want this fight , Jones wants to fulfill that fight because he got injured , as my quote says above

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back