"50/50 for winner of Wilder/Fury" Eddie Hearn

You keep making the assumption you know the language of the contract. The contract could be worded in numerous ways that gives the guys options and a realistic timeline to fight others in between or it could be opposite.
I bet both sides are going to be tight lipped for a reason to keep Hearn in the dark.
- If it was a guaranteed rematch then the video and thread are irrelevant
- From what I have heard is that the terms of a third fight have been agreed 60/40 split, venue etc etc if both sides agree to there being a third.

Anything is going to get overblown in negotiations like this. Nobody wants to give an inch.
I agree gloves should not be a thing at heavyweight. I read your question as in general.
Also you better believe who walks out 2nd will be a thing.
Maybe...but as AJ has 3 belts I assume it would be him

Maybe...but as AJ has 3 belts I assume it would be him
You know that whole lineal argument we had the other day? Lol you can bet Wilder plays that card. Also, hes technically held his belt way longer than Joshua's recent reign. Also more defenses.
But I agree since Joshua has the most belts he most likely will win that.

Either way out of the 3 you want to be AJ.....he will be there....and by the sounds of it Saudi are putting up some serious money.

Wow, this thread was created this morning and it's already a few pages long after only 5 hours. That's impressive stuff guys.

Alright, Eddie said this. He's planning to split the pot 50/50 for AJ to get the winner of the Wilder-Fury rematch this year. He then went on to say that the UK basically wouldn't be an option to stage the fight and America wouldn't be either. He mentioned Saudi Arabia specifically multiple times due to the insane money they're throwing around that they've already shown they can deliver on (e.g., AJ vs Ruiz II). It's also neutral ground where neither will have a home field advantage. Neither Wilder nor Fury would take the 60/40 split Eddie offered them initially to fight AJ so now he's offering 50/50 (which we've known about for a short while now).

Last edited:
Will give them credit IF they get a 50/50 fight with AJ outside of the UK......some credit.....as tbh I think its an accident its ended up like this as Fury put in a much stronger performance than expected when the fight was announced....and Fury has built it up from there with Wilder along for the ride.

Obviously if Wilder looses he/his team should be criticised for turning down whatever DAZN offered him.
Yeah this is absolutely it. Wilder and his team thought that they'd straight up run over Fury. He looked terrible in his come back fights. He had been really out of shape, doing drugs, drink and was suffering mental illness. Let's not forget that when Wilder lined up to fight Fury. I would laugh out loud if Fury beats Wilder this time. All that ducking a fight with AJ would have been for nought.

Aj is dazn in us and i think bt sport in uk?
No AJ is with Sky. That's why he turned down the $50 million dollar fight with Wilder, because it said he had to fight on BT Sport. So it was smoke and mirrors.

50/50 now that Joshua got exposed by Ruiz and Wilder and Fury are about to have a high profile PPV fight.

No AJ is with Sky. That's why he turned down the $50 million dollar fight with Wilder, because it said he had to fight on BT Sport. So it was smoke and mirrors.

It didn't specify BT in the term sheet. It specified that Wilder/PBC would have choice of broadcaster, the PPV cost and the split of that PPV income between the broadcaster and PBC.

As Shelly Finkel had already been in talks with BT there is a strong possibility that they could have chosen BT, but things didn't get far enough down the line to be certain. The weird part was making their offer non-negotiable. If they had allowed Matchroom to negotiate, then Sky Sports would have been the guaranteed broadcaster, and there would be less issues accepting the offer.

It didn't specify BT in the term sheet. It specified that Wilder/PBC would have choice of broadcaster, the PPV cost and the split of that PPV income between the broadcaster and PBC.

As Shelly Finkel had already been in talks with BT there is a strong possibility that they could have chosen BT, but things didn't get far enough down the line to be certain. The weird part was making their offer non-negotiable. If they had allowed Matchroom to negotiate, then Sky Sports would have been the guaranteed broadcaster, and there would be less issues accepting the offer.
Wasn't there some weird thing where he had to agree to it within 24 hours as well?

Frank Warren was behind it. He is allied with BT Sport.

Now that Joshua has been battered by Ruiz, Wilder's people will have zero issues agreeing to terms.

If Wilder manages to get past Fury, I am positive that a Joshua vs Wilder fight will happen in late 2020. Wilder/Joshua were not, and will not be the reason this fight can't be made. Both guys are warriors. When Joshua looked invincible, Al Haymon didn't want none, but now???? No problem.

Finkel will do wtf Big Gay Al tells him to do.

If Fury wins, I have no idea, as he's a nutter.

50/50. Lets fucking do this already. THIS YEAR DAMMIT!!!!!!
Oh, I think it's a done deal. The winner will surely take that if offered, though the winner of Fury/Wilder II may start at 60/40 that they want.
<BC1>
They are both keen to get in with Joshua after watching his last two bouts, I'd think. I would be.

Now that Joshua has been battered by Ruiz, Wilder's people will have zero issues agreeing to terms.

If Wilder manages to get past Fury, I am positive that a Joshua vs Wilder fight will happen in late 2020. Wilder/Joshua were not, and will not be the reason this fight can't be made. Both guys are warriors. When Joshua looked invincible, Al Haymon didn't want none, but now???? No problem.

Finkel will do wtf Big Gay Al tells him to do.

If Fury wins, I have no idea, as he's a nutter.
Joshua never looked invincible though.
-People have always questioned his chin
-his build/conditioning
-His ability to not panic when getting pressured and attacked
These are things people called out here before he took the belt from Martin. They all have come to pass. They show their head in everyone of his fights still. So I'm sure if we can see it as fans the boxing experts see it as well.

Joshua never looked invincible though.
-People have always questioned his chin
-his build/conditioning
-His ability to not panic when getting pressured and attacked
These are things people called out here before he took the belt from Martin. They all have come to pass. They show their head in everyone of his fights still. So I'm sure if we can see it as fans the boxing experts see it as well.
If Deontay’s handlers were confident in his victory over Joshua, the fight would have been made the first go around.

Now Deontay has shown his ability to persevere over a better technical boxer in Fury (should he prevail), and Joshua has revealed a genuine fatal weakness to speed and power, I expect that all doubt in their Machiavellian Hearts will have been laid to rest, and the fight will happen.

If Deontay’s handlers were confident in his victory over Joshua, the fight would have been made the first go around.

Now Deontay has shown his ability to persevere over a better technical boxer in Fury (should he prevail), and Joshua has revealed a genuine fatal weakness to speed and power, I expect that all doubt in their Machiavellian Hearts will have been laid to rest, and the fight will happen.
60/40 or less is why the fight never got made.

Alright, Eddie said this. He's planning to split the pot 50/50 for AJ to get the winner of the Wilder-Fury rematch this year. He then went on to say that the UK basically wouldn't be an option to stage the fight and America wouldn't be either. He mentioned Saudi Arabia specifically multiple times due to the insane money they're throwing around that they've already shown they can deliver on (e.g., AJ vs Ruiz II). It's also neutral ground where neither will have a home field advantage. Neither Wilder nor Fury would take the 60/40 split Eddie offered them initially to fight AJ so now he's offering 50/50 (which we've known about for a short while now).
Didn't I hear that a 3rd Fury/Wilder fight was part of their deal or was that bullshit?

Back