"50/50 for winner of Wilder/Fury" Eddie Hearn

Will give them credit IF they get a 50/50 fight with AJ outside of the UK......some credit.....as tbh I think its an accident its ended up like this as Fury put in a much stronger performance than expected when the fight was announced....and Fury has built it up from there with Wilder along for the ride.

Obviously if Wilder looses he/his team should be criticised for turning down whatever DAZN offered him.
No professional fighters and great coaches like Wilder and his camp dont train or expect people to come in at their worst. They expect their opponent to come in at their best. That is why Wilder is probably the best conditioned and boxing shape HW by far consistently. With the exception of new slim look cardio AJ.

Is this actually great because it makes this fight outcome so much more intriguing knowing what's on the line. Wilder is either going to look like a complete fool by getting outboxed by Tyson and having turned down the original offer, or KO Fury and look like a strategic business mastermind and make double what he would have had he taken the original offer.

Location and venue is huge. Time frame is huge. Ticket comps have stopped fights before. Gloves have caused issues before. Rematch clauses one way... 50/50 is generic. Is the gate 50/50? Are the network or PPV points 50/50 as well.
I remember who walks out first being a big concession in unification fights.
Gloves are not going to be an issue in the deal its pre fight there can be complications.....you are right re 50/50 but I assume its implied as a total split.....as for venue the video says neutral.....its basically Saudi

It's taking a risk.. If he beats Fury they look like geniuses. If he loses you guys have a point.
Yeah that's true. He'd have to beat one to get to the other either way though and it really seems aj would be more lucrative.

I'd just take the money first either way...you can lose and still have a squeaky clean resume assuming it's a good close hard fight to a champion that's as established as either Fury or Joshua. You can lose to a fringe guy like Ruiz was and not really lose stock, so you got to take all the cabbage

The Wilder Fury 2 needs to live up to the hype as well
I dont think so. Whoever wins however they win is going to get more concessions from Hearn. Then they have the rematch to fall back on just to pull the take away on Hearn.
I think a third fight can be sold no matter the outcome.
Now the question for me is....and you guys alluded to this before. If Fury gets his light turned out, will he want a 3rd fight or to help Team Wilder as a bluff. I can kind of see your guy's point a little better about Fury if we speculate and guess B.S. a little further out.

Gloves are not going to be an issue in the deal its pre fight there can be complications.....you are right re 50/50 but I assume its implied as a total split.....as for venue the video says neutral.....its basically Saudi
Gloves were a huge issue in a some what recent title fight. So much so it was put in the contract for the rematch I believe.
I want to say it was May vs Miadanna 2??????
The post contract pre fight antics of the 1st fight yielded to contract adjustments the 2nd fight I'm pretty sure. I dont feel like googling.

That's also a major rule in contract negotiations to never assume. It has to spelled out in contractual language.
See that's what promoters like Hearn do. They speak in half truths or generic phrases to get the public on their side. Spin Dr.s
Also, if Hearn says Saudi is "neutral territory" chances are team Wilder doesn't agree with that. Lol

I dont think so. Whoever wins however they win is going to get more concessions from Hearn. Then they have the rematch to fall back on just to pull the take away on Hearn.
Now the question for me is....and you guys alluded to this before. If Fury gets his light turned out, will he want a 3rd fight or to help Team Wilder as a bluff. I can kind of see your guy's point a little better about Fury if we speculate and guess B.S. a little further out.
If wilder KO Fury easy then why should there be a third a fight from wilders point of view....if he does that he will basically be ducking AJ like it or not. If its close (like the first fight) then I can see there being a third, but its a risk as AJ could loose in the interim.

If fury wins I can see him going straight for AJ, but he is unlikely to attract criticism if we gives wilder a rematch.

A 3rd fight won't sell as well as 1st two unless February is basically awesome.

I would rather not have a 3rd fight. It opens up a bad rabbit hole of a 1-1-1 situation..

Gloves were a huge issue in a some what recent title fight. So much so it was put in the contract for the rematch I believe.
The post contract pre fight antics of the 1st fight yielded to contract adjustments the 2nd fight I'm pretty sure. I dont feel like googling.
Mayweather vs somebody yeah

If wilder KO Fury easy then why should there be a third a fight from wilders point of view....if he does that he will basically be ducking AJ like it or not. If its close (like the first fight) then I can see there being a third, but its a risk as AJ could loose in the interim.

If fury wins I can see him going straight for AJ, but he is unlikely to attract criticism if we gives wilder a rematch.
Um because he may be contractually obligated to by a certain time frame. Not ducking. Lol

That's also a major rule in contract negotiations to never assume. It has to spelled out in contractual language.
See that's what promoters like Hearn do. They speak in half truths or generic phrases to get the public on their side. Spin Dr.s
Also, if Hearn says Saudi is "neutral territory" chances are team Wilder doesn't agree with that. Lol
It was that fight and everlast gloves....maybe you got a point but I cant see that being issue in a fight this huge at HW....difference between wilder punching in Everlast vs Reyes vs Grant is going to be nothing....and AJ wears Rival or Grant nothing controversial there.

Venue normally a much bigger issue and that is already known

Um because he may be contractually obligated to by a certain time frame. Not ducking. Lol
I don't think there is a guaranteed third fight only agreed terms if it was to happen.....if he is contractually obliged then the hearn video and this thread is irrelevant

A 3rd fight won't sell as well as 1st two unless February is basically awesome.

I would rather not have a 3rd fight. It opens up a bad rabbit hole of a 1-1-1 situation..
If the win is decisive and he can fight AJ next sure.... If Hearn doesn't humble himself and come correct than I would enjoy them sticking it to them again.
Plus what the hell would we have to argue about if this thing gets settled. Might as well keep this garbage going Lmao

He's Showtime too. I don't know his contract with Haymon is to be honest. He was on showtime very very early, he's pretty much always been with that general Haymon-ish group
He's on Showtime a lot but he always brags about how he's a free agent and can go wherever he wants.

I don't think there is a guaranteed third fight only agreed terms if it was to happen.....if he is contractually obliged then the hearn video and this thread is irrelevant
You keep making the assumption you know the language of the contract. The contract could be worded in numerous ways that gives the guys options and a realistic timeline to fight others in between or it could be opposite.
I bet both sides are going to be tight lipped for a reason to keep Hearn in the dark.

It was that fight and everlast gloves....maybe you got a point but I cant see that being issue in a fight this huge at HW....difference between wilder punching in Everlast vs Reyes vs Grant is going to be nothing....and AJ wears Rival or Grant nothing controversial there.

Venue normally a much bigger issue and that is already known
Anything is going to get overblown in negotiations like this. Nobody wants to give an inch.
I agree gloves should not be a thing at heavyweight. I read your question as in general.
Also you better believe who walks out 2nd will be a thing.

Back