"50/50 for winner of Wilder/Fury" Eddie Hearn

I don't think I understand what you mean. Both teams agreed there was a legit $100m deal that came from DAZN. Would DAZN, Hearn, AJ, Finkel, and Wilder all be lying?
They're not necessarily. Read my posts itt....

I've read them. I'm just asking what you mean because I'm still confused.
They both prop themselves up with no real concern whether an actual deal is signed.

I am better than you because i turn you down and you're smarter than me because i turned down an amazing deal.

That simple

They both prop themselves up with no real concern whether an actual deal is signed.

I am better than you because i turn you down and you're smarter than me because i turned down an amazing deal.

That simple
Oh right. I guess that's one way of looking at it.

Yeah, I understand now, even if I don't totally agree lol
I just feel like if either side wanted it then it'd be done.

And logically speaking turning down 100m for a 3 fight deal iirc is just dumb business....didn't he make like 6m for his last fight? And he's turning down 33m per fight? Almost 1m per minute if every fight goes 12 rounds?

Nah...

Something doesn't check out. That i am sure of.

Oh I see the confusion. You dont know what concessions are.

Deluded is not understanding there are other things in the contract to concede to besides the main fight purse that will net additional revenue or advantages.

Other than purse splits and location there is not much else is there.

Networks are probably the biggest obstacle over everything.

You also have been very critical of Wilder's team and his management.
Give them props when props are due.
Will give them credit IF they get a 50/50 fight with AJ outside of the UK......some credit.....as tbh I think its an accident its ended up like this as Fury put in a much stronger performance than expected when the fight was announced....and Fury has built it up from there with Wilder along for the ride.

Obviously if Wilder looses he/his team should be criticised for turning down whatever DAZN offered him.

And logically speaking turning down 100m for a 3 fight deal iirc is just dumb business....didn't he make like 6m for his last fight? And he's turning down 33m per fight? Almost 1m per minute if every fight goes 12 rounds?

Nah...
I think turning down the deal might work out better for him now in the long run. It's a big risk, but it all depends on him getting past Fury twice and he wouldn't be in this position either if AJ didn't lose to Ruiz, I don't think. I guess they can claim it was all their plan from the start, but I don't think anyone was really banking on Ruiz beating AJ.

Networks are probably the biggest obstacle over everything.
Is Wilder still a free agent or is he exclusive with Fox now? Obviously Fury is exclusive to ESPN and BT Sport, and AJ is exclusive to DAZN and Sky.

I think turning down the deal might work out better for him now in the long run. It's a big risk, but it all depends on him getting past Fury twice and he wouldn't be in this position either if AJ didn't lose to Ruiz, I don't think. I guess they can claim it was all their plan from the start, but I don't think anyone was really banking on Ruiz beating AJ.
.......or Fury turning out how he has (both in and out of the ring)

Is Wilder still a free agent or is he exclusive with Fox now? Obviously Fury is exclusive to ESPN and BT Sport, and AJ is exclusive to DAZN and Sky.
Is AJ exclusive to DAZN? Also Fury is not exclusive to BT outside of the UK as they nearly lost the Fury Wilder 2 to a Sky bid

That does all make sense but the problem is they almost lost the AJ fight because of Ruiz.

Yes it does sort of kind of work in Wilders favor but it would have been catastrophic if the aj fight disappeared. He'd have nothing for mega money fights after Fury and idk if that even qualifies compared to Joshua....the gate alone at a Joshua fight overseas in a huge stadium should be a game changer alone I'd think. You're not really getting that with anyone else over there to the same extent.

Is AJ exclusive to DAZN? Also Fury is not exclusive to BT outside of the UK as they nearly lost the Fury Wilder 2 to a Sky bid
Aj is dazn in us and i think bt sport in uk?

Location and venue is huge. Time frame is huge. Ticket comps have stopped fights before. Gloves have caused issues before. Rematch clauses one way... 50/50 is generic. Is the gate 50/50? Are the network or PPV points 50/50 as well.
I remember who walks out first being a big concession in unification fights.

He's Showtime too. I don't know his contract with Haymon is to be honest. He was on showtime very very early, he's pretty much always been with that general Haymon-ish group

Nah...
It's taking a risk.. If he beats Fury they look like geniuses. If he loses you guys have a point.

Back