Media Eddie Hearn: 'We reached out to Ngannou for Joshua fight - never heard anything back'

Didn't Francis already announce he's going to wait for the winner of Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and try to get a fight with them

Didn't Francis already announce he's going to wait for the winner of Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk and try to get a fight with them
I think it’s unlikely he gets a title shot with an 0-1 record. Frankly, he doesn’t deserve it even if he did make Fury look bad the first time. You have to win a few in order to challenge.
If Usyk wins he will probably retire. Ngannou ought to have taken a fight on the December 23 card against whoever he was offered.

He said Furys punches hurt him more than anyone ever has.
Hes not getting in with those 3 guys who hit vastly harder.
Well, he's only fought one boxer so that would make sense. Sample size isn't exactly large.

He said Furys punches hurt him more than anyone ever has.
Hes not getting in with those 3 guys who hit vastly harder.

Lol at thinking a guy who fought the lineal champion in his pro debut would actually be 'scared' of fighting a guy like AJ because of his power.

I, and most sensible people, think AJ would fuck Francis up. But clearly this is not the way Francis thinks or he wouldn't be where he is now.

Francis has it in his mind he can become champ and also thinks it is the highest payday he can get. He is probably delusional but that's what this is about.

He’s not going to get the winner of an undisputed title shot based on a record of 0-1. It just won’t get sanctioned! He may get a fury rematch is Tyson losses?

He’s not going to get the winner of an undisputed title shot based on a record of 0-1. It just won’t get sanctioned! He may get a fury rematch is Tyson losses?
Ngannou vs Fury is already agreed to . Just like the first time when Fury was doing his fake call outs he had planned on fighting Ngannou the entire time he even deleted a tweet going back 6 months ago bf any Usyk talk happened unfortunately for him a you tube channel saved it and showed it awhile back .

Fury will fight him as a voluntary,they can’t stop that nor would the WBC want to . That’s assuming Fury wins his next fight . If Fury loses he rematches Usyk unless he retires being a mentally weak person in reality ?

Lol at thinking a guy who fought the lineal champion in his pro debut would actually be 'scared' of fighting a guy like AJ because of his power.

I, and most sensible people, think AJ would fuck Francis up. But clearly this is not the way Francis thinks or he wouldn't be where he is now.

Francis has it in his mind he can become champ and also thinks it is the highest payday he can get. He is probably delusional but that's what this is about.
I think Ngannou's handlers are actively avoiding big punchers in boxing. They were previously "in talks" with Wilder, AJ, etc but that was just for show. Turns out they had already decided on Fury several years prior. Then they start talking about Wilder again but want it in the PFL under mixed rules. Now Hearn offers them the biggest money fight of Ngannou's career, against AJ, and they go radio silent. Fury also wasn't the lineal champion when Ngannou fought him. Usyk is nowadays.

Well, he's only fought one boxer so that would make sense. Sample size isn't exactly large.
No, Ngannou meant Fury was the hardest hitter he's ever been in with. Full stop. He said Fury hit him the hardest despite having to wear 10 oz gloves and not being considered a puncher.
“Fury punches pretty good. I ate some of his shots — he punches very strong,” Ngannou said. “And he was in 10oz gloves, because MMA fights are 4oz gloves. In boxing it’s 10oz. I think, so far, he is the top [hard hitter.]”
‘I ate some of his shots’: Francis Ngannou’s weighs in on Tyson Fury’s punching power

No, Ngannou meant Fury was the hardest hitter he's ever been in with. Full stop. He said Fury hit him the hardest despite having to wear 10 oz gloves and not being considered a puncher.

‘I ate some of his shots’: Francis Ngannou’s weighs in on Tyson Fury’s punching power

I fully understood what you said. Boxing is a sport of punching. He's fought one boxer. Not really surprising that Fury is the hardest he's been hit.

Most of the strikers he fought are kickboxers in MMA, and the Derrick Lewis fight I don't think they hit each other at all lol.

If he had not said Fury who would you have guessed would have been the person who hit him the hardest?

I fully understood what you said. Boxing is a sport of punching. He's fought one boxer. Not really surprising that Fury is the hardest he's been hit.

Most of the strikers he fought are kickboxers in MMA, and the Derrick Lewis fight I don't think they hit each other at all lol.

If he had not said Fury who would you have guessed would have been the person who hit him the hardest?
Right. Although technically Ngannou has been hit by other boxers, in sparring and exhibitions, but those were with different gloves and/or weren't actual sanctioned professional matches.

Who would I have guessed? I would've figured he'd say Lewis. He did manage to land a solid shot or two in their fight. Apparently that was enough to where Ngnannou choked (wouldn't even engage/open up). But, we hear fighters say different guys hit them the hardest all of the time. Often it's opponents that we'd least expect them to name or don't even rate that highly as punchers. According to Canelo it was actually Kirkland that hit him the hardest. Not Kovalev, or GGG, etc.

I think Ngannou's handlers are actively avoiding big punchers in boxing. They were previously "in talks" with Wilder, AJ, etc but that was just for show. Turns out they had already decided on Fury several years prior. Then they start talking about Wilder again but want it in the PFL under mixed rules. Now Hearn offers them the biggest money fight of Ngannou's career, against AJ, and they go radio silent. Fury also wasn't the lineal champion when Ngannou fought him. Usyk is nowadays.

Yeah, you're right mate. The guy who worked his way out of a Cameroonian sand mine and homelessness to insist on fighting the lineal champ in his literal pro debut has suddenly turned tail at the thought of fighting someone else.

Tyson Fury, a 6'9 giant of a man, is so pillow-fisted according to the internet, that it must have been throigh magic that he stopped his previous four opponents before Francis.

As compared to AJ who has stopped 1 of his last 4 opponents. It makes perfect sense that Francis woud have no fear of being hurt by Fury but is shaking in his boots at the thought of fighting AJ.

It couldn't possibly be about trying to get the belt and more money. It's definitely that Francis is a pussy.

This.
However with A.J still is possible to sell tickets and PPVs, therefore he might agree to fight vs A.J even without belt on the line.

Yeah, you're right mate. The guy who worked his way out of a Cameroonian sand mine and homelessness to insist on fighting the lineal champ in his literal pro debut has suddenly turned tail at the thought of fighting someone else.

Tyson Fury, a 6'9 giant of a man, is so pillow-fisted according to the internet, that it must have been throigh magic that he stopped his previous four opponents before Francis.

As compared to AJ who has stopped 1 of his last 4 opponents. It makes perfect sense that Francis woud have no fear of being hurt by Fury but is shaking in his boots at the thought of fighting AJ.

It couldn't possibly be about trying to get the belt and more money. It's definitely that Francis is a pussy.
With A J this is difficult story:
It is difficult to hit Usyk properly and ....
Vs Ruiz best gameplan is to go for win on cards, to maintain distance and not attempt to KO Ruiz....
It is proven stuff that had worked also for Parker ....

With A J this is difficult story:
It is difficult to hit Usyk properly and ....
Vs Ruiz best gameplan is to go for win on cards, to maintain distance and not attempt to KO Ruiz....
It is proven stuff that had worked also for Parker ....

Yeah, I know AJ punches harder than Fury.

I'm just pointing out how silly it is to jump to the conclusion that Francis is scared of AJ and Zhang when there's a perfectly logical explanation for why he is trying to angle for a Fury rematch instead.

Nobody said Francis was scared. I said his handlers appear to be avoiding a certain type of opponent, sluggers. The same style of fighter he already lost to in the UFC. Once again Fury wasn't the lineal champ when Francis fought him. He was and still is the WBC titleholder. You also know that Fury isn't really 6'9. No idea why people still like repeating that false stat. He's more like 6'7.

As for your last claim, AJ has only stopped 1 of his last 4 opponents, that's also incorrect. AJ has stopped half of them. That'd be 2 (Helenius & Pulev). He didn't stop Franklin and of course he didn't stop Usyk. He lost to the latter twice consecutively. Usyk and Franklin have never been stopped by anyone in the pros.

Last edited:
Nobody said Francis was scared. I said his handlers appear to be avoiding a certain type of opponent, sluggers. The same style of fighter he already lost to in the UFC. Once again Fury wasn't the lineal champ when Francis fought him. He was and still is the WBC titleholder. You also know that Fury isn't really 6'9. No idea why people still like repeating that false stat. He's more like 6'7.

As for your last claim, AJ has only stopped 1 of his last 4 opponents, that's also incorrect. AJ has stopped half of them. That'd be 2 (Helenius & Pulev). He didn't stop Franklin and of course he didn't stop Usyk. He lost to the latter twice consecutively.

Meant to say AJ has one KO in last 4 fights, but fucked it up.

You're also right that 6'9 is bollocks. But the point is, he is a massive bastard because he's got the weight on top of the height.

Anyway, I grow tired of this speculation. If Francis doesn't get the Fury rematch and never fights AJ or Zhang or Wilder etc. then we can call him/his handlers scared.

Right now there's a perfectly legit reason to wait for the Fury-Usyk fight to happen, even if I think it is misguided

Back